‘You’re going to have to shoot them in the head,’ Beck said of Democratic leaders

Then why did he say it?

Maybe "advocate" was the wrong word. How about "suggest"?

What he was saying (and I have already conceded that in my opinion he rambled somewhat less than clearly) requires CONTEXT.

I addressed it earlier in this trhead by linking my post about it in another (similar) thread:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/the-ro...ml#post3227156

The shorthand version? He was suggesting that liberal Democratics had embraced into their fold a variety of "revolutionaries" who were very comfortable with violence. He used (somewhat jarringly) the term "co-opt." And when you get violence-inclined revolutionaries into the camp, there is indeed an increased chance of violence breaking out IN camp.

What Beck was suggesting was that the standard liberal Democratics (like Bubba Clinton) should be careful because the violence-prone revolutionary types whom they had taken into the Democrat Camp might someday need to be be shot in the head (self protection) but that they were also likely to be shooting back.

Look. Let's be blunt. Beck was fucking babbling. But he was not advocating violence. In his somewhat unclear way, he was suggesting that the Dims had taken in some wolves and that violence within the ranks of the Democrat Party might ensue. He referred to it explicitly as a "civil war." Review my other post and look at the transcript. It's not a mystery even if Beck articulated it all rather poorly.
Do you think Obama was one of those revolutionaries he was talking about needing to be shot in the head? After all, Beck has labeled Obama a Marxist, a communist, and a radical.

:eusa_eh:

No, Ravi.

I think he had some actual confirmed and committed self-professed revolutionaries in mind.

And again, I don't believe that Beck (however unclear his little dissertation may have been) was advocating for the shooting of anybody in the head. I THINK (with Beck, it's often difficult to be certain) that he was suggesting that those revolutionary types might become violent and start a literal civil (shooting) war within the ranks of the Democrat Parody. If that were to evolve, the non-violent standard liberal Democratics might be confronted with a scenario where they would be compelled to shoot the wolves in sheep's clothing, but that they might find that they were getting return fire.

President Obama has never, to my knowledge, advocated violent revolution. And as wacky as he can be, I don't believe that Beck has ever so much as intimated that anybody should engage in any violence against the President.

Last edited:
What he was saying (and I have already conceded that in my opinion he rambled somewhat less than clearly) requires CONTEXT.

I addressed it earlier in this trhead by linking my post about it in another (similar) thread:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-ro...ml#post3227156

The shorthand version? He was suggesting that liberal Democratics had embraced into their fold a variety of "revolutionaries" who were very comfortable with violence. He used (somewhat jarringly) the term "co-opt." And when you get violence-inclined revolutionaries into the camp, there is indeed an increased chance of violence breaking out IN camp.

What Beck was suggesting was that the standard liberal Democratics (like Bubba Clinton) should be careful because the violence-prone revolutionary types whom they had taken into the Democrat Camp might someday need to be be shot in the head (self protection) but that they were also likely to be shooting back.

Look. Let's be blunt. Beck was fucking babbling. But he was not advocating violence. In his somewhat unclear way, he was suggesting that the Dims had taken in some wolves and that violence within the ranks of the Democrat Party might ensue. He referred to it explicitly as a "civil war." Review my other post and look at the transcript. It's not a mystery even if Beck articulated it all rather poorly.
Do you think Obama was one of those revolutionaries he was talking about needing to be shot in the head? After all, Beck has labeled Obama a Marxist, a communist, and a radical.

:eusa_eh:

He also withdrew the accusation against Obama, but, please.... don't let the facts get in the way. It's far more politically expedient to only take the quotes that suit your purpose. It's similar to calling a recovering alcoholic 'a drunk'.... technically not wrong, but not exactly true either.
He withdrew his accusation that Obama was a racist. In fact he said, “He’s not racist, he’s just a ‘Marxist.’"

Well, whataya know...he's got something in common with Obama, then.
Yes he does, along with every other sack of flaming dog crap politician as well. I wonder how their salaries would compare. Shady backdoor money grabs included.

Whether it's Oprah, Dr. Phil, Beck or Anderson Cooper their schemes to rake in the dough are failsafe.

Judging from your sigline, you're so goth, you shit bats.

Anyone with an IQ over room temperature would ask for the actual context. And yet, no one does. Why is that? What are the left afraid of? Is it that y'all know this is bullshit?

We discussed this the other day and looked at it in context.

He wasn't advocating his supporters to shoot democratic politicians in the head.

He was advocating that normal democrats shoot the leftist revolutionaries who have infiltrated the democratic party in the head.

Either way, he is suggesting that someone needs to shoot another person in the head.
Do you think any Democrats are going to do anything that Beck says? :lol:

You know...........instead of shooting people like Mrs. Giffords, why the fuck can't some deranged asshole take out Beck?

I guess that only the good die young........

‘You’re going to have to shoot them in the head,’ Beck said of Democratic leaders | Raw Story

Discussing Democratic leaders during a June broadcast for the Republican Fox News Channel, conspiracy host Glenn Beck told his followers they would have to "shoot them in the head" in order to bring an end to an alleged "communist" agenda.

"They believe in communism," he said. "They believe and have called for a revolution. You're going to have to shoot them in the head. But warning, they may shoot you."

A transcript of Beck's show was still available on the Fox News website. (Screenshot.)

In the very next breath, he mentioned then House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), claiming her "George Washington" was "Karl Marx."

For context, more of Beck's contentious statement is reflected below:

"Tea parties believe in small government. We believe in returning to the principles of our Founding Fathers. We respect them. We revere them. Shoot me in the head before I stop talking about the Founders. Shoot me in the head if you try to change our government.

"I will stand against you and so will millions of others. We believe in something. You in the media and most in Washington don't. The radicals that you and Washington have co-opted and brought in wearing sheep's clothing — change the pose. You will get the ends.

I shudder to think that thousands tune in to hear this conspiratorial, incendiary rubbish. To believe that the Democrats are anything close to communists is insanity. Can this culture get anymore pathetic; fucked up; hopeless?

My bet is yes.

It's not all fucked up. Just half. The 6% half.

You know...........instead of shooting people like Mrs. Giffords, why the fuck can't some deranged asshole take out Beck?

Which explains why you continue to breathe.

Fucking moron.

Who the fuck put a nickel in your festering gob Chlamydia Swirl? I sure as fuck wasn't talking to you.

But, considering that you're the queen bitch whore on these boards, your response isn't quite unexpected. You seem to do that a lot.

Which explains why you continue to breathe.

Fucking moron.

Who the fuck put a nickel in your festering gob Chlamydia Swirl? I sure as fuck wasn't talking to you.

But, considering that you're the queen bitch whore on these boards, your response isn't quite unexpected. You seem to do that a lot.

Rationality has never been your SOP, Gay.

o no bones....you cant say anything negative about the lying fucker beck or that fat deaf (from using drugs) druggie rush....

get over yourself and stop being a free thinker....lol

o no bones....you cant say anything negative about the lying fucker beck or that fat deaf (from using drugs) druggie rush....

get over yourself and stop being a free thinker....lol

Free thinker?

Free as in the ability to make baseless claims?

That kind of "free?"

I don't care very much for Beck, but what "lies" are you claiming that Beck has offered to the world?

And Rush is indeed hearing impaired. But I'm SURE you can verify your claim that the reason he's deaf is because he had gotten addicted to pain killers. [/sarcasm]

Of course, you're free to make such claims. But, that kind of irresponsibility doesn't make you a "free thinker." Being loose with your claims is not the same thing SB.

Doesn't change the fact that Limp Idiot Limbaugh (who incidentally, spoke out many time on his show how drug abuse was tearing this country apart), is a hypocrite for abusing drugs while speaking out against their abuse.

You know.......they call that stuff "hillbilly heroin".

New Topics

Forum List

Back