Your Vision For America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pegwinn, Dec 18, 2008.

1. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    I went to this site. It is pretty cool. It was like working a message board with polling features. At the end of the process they want you to email your friends and family. Rather than spam, I will open it up for discussion. This is the letter they wanted me provide names for so they could email it on my behalf.

To: Their Name <theiremail@address.com>
    Subject: Your name asked me to invite you to join whitehouse2.org

Hey there...

My name is Jim Gilliam, Your name suggested I invite you to join White House 2, a website where U.S. citizens are coming together to tell President Obama what we need him to do. Check out my video introduction here: Introduction to White House 2

We need change, big change. Now is the time to start getting specific. Here are Your Name's top 10 priorities:

1. Replace the federal income tax with the FairTax
    2. Restore, Uphold, and Defend the Constitution
    3. Cut Spending / Reduce National Debt
    4. Build Nuclear Power Plants
    5. Drill for oil in our own country
    6. Protect Gun Owners Rights
    7. Balance the federal budget
    8. Stop the Bail outs and implement free market solutions
    9. Revamp the VA, making our Veterans a #1 priority
    10. Approve Stem-Cell Treatment & Grant Research

If you agree, you can endorse all those priorities right away by clicking on the big yellow button here:

http://whitehouse2.org/user/5419-pegwinn

What are YOUR priorities for President Obama? Go to the website and make your own list. The homepage automatically keeps track of the most popular priorities and ranks them like the Billboard charts. You can see priorities rise and fall in real time, based entirely on the ingenuity of the American people.

White House 2 - Where YOU set the nation's priorities

Please forward this email. The more people who join, the more clout we will have with the President and the media. Too often our national dialogue is driven by sensationalism. We cannot let the media trivialize the task at hand, or scare us away from the change we need. With a large enough network, *we* will set the national agenda and make the most of this historic opportunity for change.

Thanks for your time, I won't bother you any more, it's only the future of your country at stake. :) You aren't added to any email list, don't worry about getting spammed.

Jim Gilliam
    Chief of Staff, White House 2
    jim@whitehouse2.org
    3DNA

2. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    I would change replacing the income tax with a fair tax, to abolishing the income tax and replacing it with nothing.

3. bigdaddygtr

bigdaddygtr Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    not gonna sign anything that wants to protect gun laws when its those damn laws that are the problem

4. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    "8. Stop the Bail outs and implement free market solutions" What would these proposed solutions be?

5. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,989
    Ya over 200 million guns in private hands and deaths by guns are less then by vehicles every year. Accidents are generally under a 1000 per year. Explain again how owning a weapon is so much a problem?

6. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    I don't think we will be getting rid of income tax... just a sad fact... but I do believe it can be revamped to the point where we can have the equal treatment in the taxation that so many others scream for in all other aspect of our lives as citizens...

1) Eliminate loopholes and severely simplify the tax code.
    2) Severely reduce the size and expense of the IRS.
    3) Since most other taxes are not punishment based, eliminate the progressive/punishment setup of our income tax code. Every person should be taxed the exact same amount on every dollar earned. No exceptions. Make the percentage burden EQUAL

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  7. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Gun laws protecting the constitutional rights of American citizens who are without criminal records and who are not mentally ill, is a bad thing? Sorry libby, that is flat out wrong.

Having laws that have stricter punishments against those who use weapons in crimes or against those who are caught with an illegal weapon would be one good thing. Improving the checks on ensuring a citizen can rightfully own a weapon? I would even go along with that.

8. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    I think implement is a bad choice of word.

Should be more like:
    Stop the bailouts and allow the free market to come up with the solutions it needs. The government does not need to "implement" a free market solution.

9. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    I agree. But no one is going to get rid of guns. There's an amendment that mitigates against it.

10. Frolicking Dino

Frolicking Dino Loving tail, pointy teeth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I would like to see the US go to the point just before Ronald Reagan took office and undo basically everything the neo-cons have done to this country. True conservatives and liberals could have done a far better job.