Your view on Southern Slavery?

What's important in all of it is to realize that every other nation in the world ended slavery without having a war. And our war was a bloody one.

Lincoln had bills presnted to him to end slavery. But he wasn't interested in them. There were other motives at play there.

Remember this: If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. - Lincoln.

The Union was voluntary before Lincoln came along.

We don't hear Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address, because he sounds so weak, doesn't he?

"Both read the same Bible and pray to the same God, and each invokes His aid against the other. It may seem strange that any men should dare to ask a just God's assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men's faces, but let us judge not, that we be not judged. The prayers of both could not be answered. That of neither has been answered fully. The Almighty has His own purposes. "Woe unto the world because of offenses; for it must needs be that offenses come, but woe to that man by whom the offense cometh.""

Its very clear in other words which party is the Ecumenical and which party is the Denominational.

He had a campaign promise against the evils of Slavery and Polygamy with the Mormons. People like all the reconciliation talk, what actually happened? They summoned huge armies to invade and enforce foreign laws on the South, those states didn't provide their own levies but raised their own to prevent invasion. What actually happened is that one side was invaded. I don't get all the brainwashed "Can't be Helped", that a defensive determined position needed to be met with an aggressive offensive action, and no diplomacy. All the world uses slavery as a word for their causes, are we really Examining conditions in the South with in this day and age, a derogatory term.

Totally agree about the voluntary Union, see every President and Government George Washington to Abraham Lincoln described our government as a Confederacy as often as United States, the perpetual form of description of government

Last edited:
I'm curious how other people perceive Southern Slavery? I used to think it was very clear. There are rules after all that were labelled Jim Crow laws, that regulate everyone, honestly, that black students and blacks nationwide are fully dedicated in breaking or flaunting. These rules by way of honoring State struggles linked to the Civil War, are then linked to Christian morality, and we arrive at Why slavery was visited upon Africans in a British colony that already had at least some immigration to the Crown, and that was by law to only enslave heathens and Muslims. This Slavery from Britain and the God of the British Fathers continued, even after social justice warriors of Britain ended British slavery, and its all a very clear issue, that any Nation coming in with slight capability at Christian instruction is not treated to any slavery, Woodrow Wilson championed Dixie and immigration rights in the 1900s for example, so I am curious what other causes we think we can go on about, such as blanket racism. I've been curious on the hit Dixie Cups, Chapel Of Love , is pro or against Anti-miscegenation marriage laws? What parts of Segregation are morally wrong?
So do you have an additional view to explain Slavery? British Churches taxed the people of Ireland on British plantations, I don't then find similar Britains practicing a British slavery model in US states surprising, the model of it, feudalism as is common comparison, manorialism, gentry, nor greek revival, nor that the resultant potato famine in Ireland caused a flood to New York and Union soldier rosters with Irish.
It was supposed to end after 1808 in the US.

Slavery benefitted North American blacks of today. Just like my ancestors paid a heavy personal price to get their families here and homestead.

Correll Are you going to know the Southern States for anything besides buckteeth and dismissible country bumpkins? The Civil War Memorial at the Confederate Capitol in Montgomery Capitol Hill , I think, similar to the Southern Literature line of Poetry, from the 1900s, The Knightliest singed/burned Chivalry, by the lamps of Old, in hearts of Gold. The lamps are either a religious or other reference, in the context of the book, without doubt a religious reference, a few lines above, the war done for the Rose of Sharon, is an opening line to the Song of Solomon in the Bible I'd wager. If the Confederate government championed in the Southern States was the closest ever Establishment of religion for Presbyterianism, we see today their confusing mess of religion, what confusion. The Presbyterian Church Of Scotland, because its the established church in Scotland by Scottish parliament in 1560 before the Union Jack, its a Presbyterian Church of Korea, or other establishments in the world, here the PC(USA) follows Eisenhower's blocking of these truths, or the PC in America stays by no government Establishment , in the, or in, not Of, or Established. That would make other denominations Nonconformists within the United States to the Established Church. The Confederate cause added Almighty God in the Constitution, soldiers of the cause needed to attend Virginian forces religion with Stonewall Jackson put a minister of the Word in every company. Due to religious freedom, we don't notice Auld Lang Syne of the Presbyterian tradition is the reason for anti-miscegenation laws, that the Old Times of the native southerners , the Westminster Confession prohibits mixed marriages of different faiths. The Dixie cause is resurfaced and championed by Presbyterians in history, when Woodrow Wilson was a dangerous Southern Democrat brought to the Whitehouse. Presbyterian Church of Dixie is a more accurate title not in use, especially when, the Presbyterian Church of Korea clings to a Korea-Wide establishment of a previous government. The original British protestants have gentlemanly creeds summed up from God Save the Queen anthem, My Country Tis of Thee, or Hail Columbia. Hail Columbia was the Northern Anthem during the Civil War, which I say we've replaced because the Bonnie Blue Flag borrows its "band of Brothers", and so we confuse ourselves what they mean by "liberty", throughout without doubt, the 'liberty of the altar' and religion from Hail Columbia.

I have questions about , Maryland, My Maryland, seeing this was a Confederate song, to a traditional Catholic refuge state in American history, set to the German tune O Tannenbaum, was this a serious persuasion? George Washington crossed the Delaware river to surprise the Hessians saying "Germans make a big deal of Christmas and will be drunk". How do we take it at face value? Its pretty dismissive really. Virginia is named after the Virgin Queen Elizabeth, the Battle Queen of Yore, dismissively shoving the Protestant doctrine on the Catholic state. Sic Semper Tyrannis or "Sic Semper" is a Virginian state motto. I don't see how a heavy-handed tune was meant to be persuasive.

I have no idea what all the is about nor what point you are trying to make.

Step one, learn about paragraphs.

Step two. Try again with single sentence bullet points.

Slavery benefitted North American blacks of today. Just like my ancestors paid a heavy personal price to get their families here and homestead.
What do you mean by "benefit"?
North American Blacks are better off than Blacks in Africa.
Not all North American blacks were slaves.
The slaves paved the way for all Blacks.
Not in the North.

Forum List

Back