Your Thoughts On Aipac, Please :)

The British invited Europeans to settle in North America, Australia etc. Were they not invasions? WTF right did the British have to facilitate the invasion of Palestine by Europeans and then the allow the eviction of most the people that were living there?
Are palistanians settlers and squatters pissed they hadn't been invited?

The British invited Europeans to settle in North America, Australia etc. Were they not invasions? WTF right did the British have to facilitate the invasion of Palestine by Europeans and then the allow the eviction of most the people that were living there?

I see you have the usual Israel Firster case of cognitive dissonance. The facts are there, you know the facts, but your mind is so brainwashed you can't accept them.

From the Interim Report of the Palestinian Mandate written 1921 by the British:

"There are now in the whole of Palestine hardly 700,000 people, a population much less than that of the province of Gallilee alone in the time of Christ.* (*See Sir George Adam Smith "Historical Geography of the Holy Land", Chap. 20.) Of these 235,000 live in the larger towns, 465,000 in the smaller towns and villages. Four-fifths of the whole population are Moslems. A small proportion of these are Bedouin Arabs; the remainder, although they speak Arabic and are termed Arabs, are largely of mixed race. Some 77,000 of the population are Christians, in large majority belonging to the Orthodox Church, and speaking Arabic. The minority are members of the Latin or of the Uniate Greek Catholic Church, or--a small number--are Protestants.

The Jewish element of the population numbers 76,000. Almost all have entered Palestine during the last 40 years. Prior to 1850 there were in the country only a handful of Jews." - See more at: Mandate for Palestine - Interim report of the Mandatory to the League of Nations Balfour Declaration text 30 July 1921

I see you have the usual Israel Firster case of cognitive dissonance. The facts are there, you know the facts, but your mind is so brainwashed you can't accept them.

"There are now in the whole of Palestine hardly 700,000 people, a population much less than that of the province of Gallilee alone in the time of Christ.* (*See Sir George Adam Smith "Historical Geography of the Holy Land", Chap. 20.) Of these 235,000 live in the larger towns, 465,000 in the smaller towns and villages. Four-fifths of the whole population are Moslems. A small proportion of these are Bedouin Arabs; the remainder, although they speak Arabic and are termed Arabs, are largely of mixed race. Some 77,000 of the population are Christians, in large majority belonging to the Orthodox Church, and speaking Arabic. The minority are members of the Latin or of the Uniate Greek Catholic Church, or--a small number--are Protestants.

The Jewish element of the population numbers 76,000. Almost all have entered Palestine during the last 40 years. Prior to 1850 there were in the country only a handful of Jews." - See more at: Mandate for Palestine - Interim report of the Mandatory to the League of Nations Balfour Declaration text 30 July 1921
Oh! And then arab settlers and squatters started pouring in in obscene numbers, of course.

As my title states, your thoughts on AIPAC, please . . . . whether good or bad, I think all of us would be very interested in what you as an individual personally and honestly think. Honesty is the key. Thank you. ~ Susan
PS Let's be adult here, please, and not spew hatred at each other :)
PPS Who'll have enough courage to be the first one to step up to the plate and tell it like it is concerning what they really feel about this organization? :)

They are an organization that is defamed by the left, Muslims and NAZIs. They are said to have this enormous control of Congress, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Below is a cut and paste from another post I did which debunked the influence the of the Jewish lobby. I assume you have a conspiracy theory agenda that the Jews control congress, so I will post it again:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/the-lobby.283270/
I hear time and time again that AIPAC controls congress and the government, because they are such a powerful lobby that spends so much to buy the politicians! Laughable!!! Year after year they don't fall in the top spenders list nor do they own or hire the top lobbyist firm (they have their own firms and none are on the list). Yet the antisemites still have no problems concluding they own the country.

Best analogy: The single share stockholder being accused of secretly controlling a company that has issued 1000s of shares of stock!

Lobbying Spending Database OpenSecrets
US Chamber of Commerce $966,955,680
General Electric $284,040,000
American Medical Assn $281,282,500
American Hospital Assn $235,219,136
Pharmaceutical Rsrch & Mfrs of America $232,583,920
AARP $222,822,064
National Assn of Realtors $219,817,423
Blue Cross/Blue Shield $202,740,052
Northrop Grumman $189,485,253
Exxon Mobil $182,392,742
Edison Electric Institute $172,936,789
Verizon Communications $172,427,933
Boeing Co $171,972,310
Business Roundtable $171,400,000
Lockheed Martin $166,366,488
AT&T Inc $152,419,336
Southern Co $146,280,694
National Cable & Telecommunications Assn $142,380,000
General Motors $134,534,170
National Assn of Broadcasters $132,890,000

No AIPAC

Lobbying Spending Database OpenSecrets
Patton Boggs LLP $485,972,000
Akin, Gump et al $392,075,000
Cassidy & Assoc $360,862,100
Van Scoyoc Assoc $308,328,000
Williams & Jensen $222,134,000
Ernst & Young $188,636,737
Holland & Knight $175,674,544
Quinn Gillespie & Assoc $160,918,500
Hogan & Hartson $154,633,907
Brownstein, Hyatt et al $153,955,000
Podesta Group $136,940,000
Barbour, Griffith & Rogers $136,820,000
Greenberg Traurig LLP $135,248,249
Ogilvy Government Relations $129,650,000
Alcalde & Fay $127,750,660
Carmen Group $121,495,000
Dutko Worldwide $119,836,766
PMA Group $115,930,578
Ferguson Group $112,777,291
Wexler & Walker Public Policy Assoc $109,165,000

No AIPAC owned, controlled or hired firms on the list!

What about pro-Israel as an issue, how much is spent there? Since pro-Israel lobby dollars are relatively small it get it's lumped into a larger category!

Pro-Israel makes ups $3.5 million of the $35 BILLION spend on ideological lobbying!!! Not even close of the powerhouse the antisemites make it to be!

Main Ideology Category = Roughly $35 Billion

Misc Business $5,448,153,669
Finance/Insur/RealEst $5,359,964,018
Health $5,357,294,452
Communic/Electronics $4,427,655,735
Energy/Nat Resource $3,986,251,720
Other $2,891,290,330
Transportation $2,777,023,207
Ideology/Single-Issue $1,790,879,905
Agribusiness $1,568,875,148
Defense $1,534,363,075
Construction $587,463,341
Labor $537,487,949
Lawyers & Lobbyists $389,364,657

Sub-Category Where Pro-Israel is Found - Of the $125 million of this total category - Pro-Israel makes up $3.8 million!
sc Issues $47,479,465
Human Rights $42,309,909
Environment $16,375,901
Gun Rights $6,069,911
Foreign & Defense Policy $4,585,847
Pro-Israel $3,582,488
Abortion Policy/Pro-Abortion Rights $1,176,441
Republican/Conservative $994,914
Democratic/Liberal $930,772
Abortion Policy/Anti-Abortion $631,890
Women's Issues $598,321
Gun Control $240,000
Leadership PACs $0​

So the question remain Antisemite who you crappin?

et al,

The fact of the matter is money makes the wheels go round in American Politics. There are rules and all the players try to keep within the parameters of the law, yet --- get as much as the can out of what they have --- what they need to do. But as any kid that has a coloring book can tell you, it is sometimes hard to keep within the lines. Political Lobbies have a similar problem.

AIPAC is no different than any other lobby, with the exception that it is a single issue oriented group.

AIPAC plays by the same rules as every other lobby. It is an American Lobby. If you are worried about the influence of American money on the American Political Scene, then good for you. If you oppose the single issue (to strengthen, protect and promote the U.S.-Israel relationship), then good for you. But to single-out and attack AIPAC because it acts just like the The Tech Lobby, The Mining Industry Lobby, The Defense Industry Lobby, The Agribusiness Industry, Big Oil Lobby, The Financial Lobby, Big Pharma Lobby, The AARP Lobby, or The NRA Lobby (etc, etc, etc ...) is a bit of antiSemitic targeting. If you have a legitimate complaint about one, you about all. After all, who can forget the absolute need for the Taxpayer to bail out the Financial Industry (2007–2010 global financial crisis - Too Big to Fail) to the tone of $83 billion (and it is not over yet). Or the federal takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac ($5.4 trillion of the total $11.9 trillion in outstanding mortgage debt). Those two incidents were allowed to occur in the Financial industry largely do to legislation fostered by the Financial Lobbies.

Yes, lobbies actually have a latent impact on our lives; but lets keep a perspective. If you disagree with the single issue behind AIPAC, that is fine --- your right. But let's not get into the larger debate about lobbies and the operation of them. That is a wider discussion on federal laws and constitutional issues.

Most Respectfully,
R

You are beyond stupid Monti. There was never a European invasion. Again, European Jews were invited to immigrate by the British who also facilitated their immigration. You are easily brainwashed by Arab propaganda and i must say it's extremely pathetic!
I have never seen such distortion of history until I came here to USMB and started reading the posts of deluded pro Palestinians.
Keep on supporting terrorism, scum....

You really have been fed a lot of bullshit regarding what actually happened. I can't believe there is such ignorance.

Well lets see, the British captured the land fair and square from the Ottoman Empire. They had every right to allow Jewish immigration to Mandatory Palestine.
And the expelling of most of the Palestinians was a result of the Arab Israeli war which was started by the 5 Arab nations, who BTW are the ones who invaded. The Palestinians took part in this war and they all tried to push Israel towards the sea, but to their surprise the Jews pushed back harder and thats what resulted in the expelling. Had the Arabs won, do you think there would be any Jews left in the region?
You have a terrible grasp of history and you are a lying propagandist. Who do you think you are fooling with your lies?

You are beyond stupid Monti. There was never a European invasion. Again, European Jews were invited to immigrate by the British who also facilitated their immigration. You are easily brainwashed by Arab propaganda and i must say it's extremely pathetic!
I have never seen such distortion of history until I came here to USMB and started reading the posts of deluded pro Palestinians.

You really have been fed a lot of bullshit regarding what actually happened. I can't believe there is such ignorance.

Well lets see, the British captured the land fair and square from the Ottoman Empire. They had every right to allow Jewish immigration to Mandatory Palestine.
And the expelling of most of the Palestinians was a result of the Arab Israeli war which was started by the 5 Arab nations, who BTW are the ones who invaded. The Palestinians took part in this war and they all tried to push Israel towards the sea, but to their surprise the Jews pushed back harder and thats what resulted in the expelling. Had the Arabs won, do you think there would be any Jews left in the region?
You have a terrible grasp of history and you are a lying propagandist. Who do you think you are fooling with your lies?
Lots of countries get captured in war but they don't disposes the people living there...The Arabs and Jihadist are growing in the ME...I see disaster for the area and there will be no winners!

other lying propagandists?

AIPAC are what AIPAC are. An agency of Israel.

I reserve my contempt for the American system that allows a foreign agency to buy out its government.

You, as with most, have been duped.
AIPAC has no power at all, except that which has been given to it.
The US arms industry wants massive profits, and gets them because of all the weapons sales. This allows them to pay massive bribes, sorry, election campaign funds to people on both sides of the house.
These well paid for politicians need an excuse to buy the weapons, and support for Israel creates it.
Of course, they need a massive propaganda machine to sell the idea to the unthinking American public, and for that, they need an enemy.
Communism died in Europe, so a new evil enemy was required. Islam kopped for it.
As we see now, Islam is being replaced as the evil enemy by China, so you'll all have to hate chinks soon.

If you're stupid enough to believe the propaganda.

Hey, as long as we Americans have AIPAC, there will be no sharia law in the USA. Long live AIPAC!.

Oh! And then arab settlers and squatters started pouring in in obscene numbers, of course.

You mean Jewish squatters and settlers started pouring in, given that Jews went from 76,000, less than Christians in 1921, to nearly half a million in 1948.

Lots of countries get captured in war but they don't disposes the people living there...The Arabs and Jihadist are growing in the ME...I see disaster for the area and there will be no winners!
Except in this case, no country was captured.

"Well lets see, the British captured the land fair and square from the Ottoman Empire. They had every right to allow Jewish immigration to Mandatory Palestine. "

I
guess if you believe that ethnic cleansing isn't a crime.

And the expelling of most of the Palestinians was a result of the Arab Israeli war which was started by the 5 Arab nations, who BTW are the ones who invaded.

The Arab states were attempting to prevent the ethnic cleansing of the non-Jews.

Yep! As soon as the Jews turned the wasteland into a thriving metropolis, here come hoards of Palestinians to claim it's their land. It's called Palestinian mentality.

And there were no people right AH?

And there were no people right AH?

I didn't say that, you did.

et al,

The fact of the matter is money makes the wheels go round in American Politics. There are rules and all the players try to keep within the parameters of the law, yet --- get as much as the can out of what they have --- what they need to do. But as any kid that has a coloring book can tell you, it is sometimes hard to keep within the lines. Political Lobbies have a similar problem.

AIPAC is no different than any other lobby, with the exception that it is a single issue oriented group.

AIPAC plays by the same rules as every other lobby. It is an American Lobby. If you are worried about the influence of American money on the American Political Scene, then good for you. If you oppose the single issue (to strengthen, protect and promote the U.S.-Israel relationship), then good for you. But to single-out and attack AIPAC because it acts just like the The Tech Lobby, The Mining Industry Lobby, The Defense Industry Lobby, The Agribusiness Industry, Big Oil Lobby, The Financial Lobby, Big Pharma Lobby, The AARP Lobby, or The NRA Lobby (etc, etc, etc ...) is a bit of antiSemitic targeting. If you have a legitimate complaint about one, you about all. After all, who can forget the absolute need for the Taxpayer to bail out the Financial Industry (2007–2010 global financial crisis - Too Big to Fail) to the tone of $83 billion (and it is not over yet). Or the federal takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac ($5.4 trillion of the total $11.9 trillion in outstanding mortgage debt). Those two incidents were allowed to occur in the Financial industry largely do to legislation fostered by the Financial Lobbies.

Yes, lobbies actually have a latent impact on our lives; but lets keep a perspective. If you disagree with the single issue behind AIPAC, that is fine --- your right. But let's not get into the larger debate about lobbies and the operation of them. That is a wider discussion on federal laws and constitutional issues.

Most Respectfully,
R

I take it you don't get the difference between lobbying for a U.S. organization to get decisions that favor that organization and lobbying for a foreign country. You Israel Firsters are truly a ridiculous bunch.

Forum List

Back