Your Team

The day the music died part 3

63e93e06c06f7d014dad490396318484.jpg

1.Who are they ?
2.Why do you support them ?
3.What is your greatest memory ?
4.Who is your favourite player ?

No snobbery please. All choices are valid.

I will kick off.

1, Wrexham AFC.

2. My Dad took me when I was 7 years old and I thought it was the most amazing thing ever.I have never lost that feeling.

3. When we were at our lowest ebb we actually won a cup final.It was such a tough time for us all. As the players were parading round the pitch the stadium announcer started playing the club song Men of Harlech. I started sobbing like an infant.

4. Bobby Shinton -
Living God.

17920f98f222827be9e3807d622df729.jpg

My Dad took me when I was 7 years old and I thought it was the most amazing thing ever.I have never lost that feeling

I know Tommy those are wonderful memories I met Paul Newman at a car race at road America in Wisconsin..

1. The Pittsburgh Steelers

2. I come from a big Pittsburgh family. I have old newspapers that my Grandma collected from the moon landing, Nixon resigning, JFK being assassinated, and the Pirates winning the 1971 World Series. That's how Pittsburgh my family is. My Grandma thought the Pirates winning the World Series was up there with man landing on the moon. :lol:

3. Super Bowl XL. After a win in his hometown of Detroit Jerome Bettis retired. An amazing way to end your career.

4. O.J. Simpson. A shining example that you can cut your ex-wife's head off, and get away with it.
The Steeler fans could be quite entertaining too in a Jerry Springer sort of way.
Steelers Fan Caught Choking Female Chargers Fan During Sunday Night Football Game (PICS)
Video: Steelers Fan BRUTALLY Head-butting Another Steeler Fan Is Is So Steeler Fan. — Dean Blundell's Sports, News, Podcast Network

1.Who are they ?

I will kick off.

1, Wrexham AFC.

2. My Dad took me when I was 7 years old and I thought it was the most amazing thing ever.I have never lost that feeling.

3. When we were at our lowest ebb we actually won a cup final.It was such a tough time for us all. As the players were parading round the pitch the stadium announcer started playing the club song Men of Harlech. I started sobbing like an infant.

4. Bobby Shinton -
Living God.

I have a question about English Football. Likely in the Autumn of 2020 or so we are going to fly over to England for two primary reasons. The first one is to see Liverpool, Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, etc… I can’t imagine going that far and not seeing London as well. My reason in going is to have an English Football experience where there are tens of thousands of fans singing in unison after a goal, sitting shoulder to shoulder.

I’ve been checking flights and the cheaper flights seem to be to London Heathrow instead of Manchester. So that means travel to Liverpool. Given that I am used to driving on the right and side of the road and English use the left hand side of the road, I am not comfortable driving. So I will be rather insistent that we hire a car service or take the train.

My questions are as follows. The current plan is to fly into Heathrow, take a train to Liverpool and get a hotel there. Spend the next day taking UBERs or whatever to the sites or a private tour or whatever and see Liverpool FC play a game. Then take the train to London and see some of the sights there and perhaps after a day or three, fly back to the States.

1).Does Liverpool FC give a soccer experience? It looks like they do on television.

2).We can go pretty much when we want; are tickets for an EPL game less expensive depending on the opposition (like is a game v. Man City more expensive than a game vs. Newcastle)?

2a). I’m not 100% sold on seeing Liverpool. Would an EPL game between hosted by Everton, Chelsea, West Ham or Crystal Palace offer the same sort of experience? Would it be less expensive?

3).I am assuming that possible Champions League matches may be more expensive than EPL games, am I right?

And finally,

4).Can tickets for a club like Liverpool be purchased at the gate?

TIA.

1.Who are they ?

I will kick off.

1, Wrexham AFC.

4. Bobby Shinton -
Living God.

I have a question about English Football. Likely in the Autumn of 2020 or so we are going to fly over to England for two primary reasons. The first one is to see Liverpool, Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, etc… I can’t imagine going that far and not seeing London as well. My reason in going is to have an English Football experience where there are tens of thousands of fans singing in unison after a goal, sitting shoulder to shoulder.

I’ve been checking flights and the cheaper flights seem to be to London Heathrow instead of Manchester. So that means travel to Liverpool. Given that I am used to driving on the right and side of the road and English use the left hand side of the road, I am not comfortable driving. So I will be rather insistent that we hire a car service or take the train.

My questions are as follows. The current plan is to fly into Heathrow, take a train to Liverpool and get a hotel there. Spend the next day taking UBERs or whatever to the sites or a private tour or whatever and see Liverpool FC play a game. Then take the train to London and see some of the sights there and perhaps after a day or three, fly back to the States.

1).Does Liverpool FC give a soccer experience? It looks like they do on television.

2).We can go pretty much when we want; are tickets for an EPL game less expensive depending on the opposition (like is a game v. Man City more expensive than a game vs. Newcastle)?

2a). I’m not 100% sold on seeing Liverpool. Would an EPL game between hosted by Everton, Chelsea, West Ham or Crystal Palace offer the same sort of experience? Would it be less expensive?

3).I am assuming that possible Champions League matches may be more expensive than EPL games, am I right?

And finally,

TIA.
Tickets Availability

Thats the official club ticket office. The fixture list for next season wont be released till June at the earliest. The Champions League probably a bit after that. You will need a ticket ,you cant just turn up. Obviously some games are tougher to get in than others.

When I see the prices they are charging it makes me cringe. £59 for the best seats ? That is daylight robbery. I paid £4 to watch FC Porto last year.

Everton would be easier to get in but probably no cheaper. Man City the same. Man Utd tickets are easier to get now they are crap.

The real bargain is at Wrexham AFC. Top price tickets are £20 and if you give me a shout I can get you a stadium tour of the oldest International stadium in the world. Trophy room the lot. First used in the 1870s when Custer was still with us. we re about 30 miles from Liverpool.

The London clubs are expensive because they can get away with it. Chelsea,Spurs and Arsenal are bandits. West Ham are a club I have a soft spot for but they moved stadium recently and have lost some appeal.

Leyton Orient are my favourite London club, mainly because we were given free tickets in their social club on one visit.

1. Yes
2. Some clubs grade matches and charge accordingly.
3. Not necessarily. The group games can be a tough sell sometimes.
4. Rarely.

I do trips like this with my lads and it can be great fun. Good luck and I am sure you will have a great time.

1.Who are they ?

I will kick off.

1, Wrexham AFC.

4. Bobby Shinton -
Living God.

And finally,

TIA.
Tickets Availability

Thats the official club ticket office. The fixture list for next season wont be released till June at the earliest. The Champions League probably a bit after that. You will need a ticket ,you cant just turn up. Obviously some games are tougher to get in than others.

When I see the prices they are charging it makes me cringe. £59 for the best seats ? That is daylight robbery. I paid £4 to watch FC Porto last year.

Everton would be easier to get in but probably no cheaper. Man City the same. Man Utd tickets are easier to get now they are crap.

The real bargain is at Wrexham AFC. Top price tickets are £20 and if you give me a shout I can get you a stadium tour of the oldest International stadium in the world. Trophy room the lot. First used in the 1870s when Custer was still with us. we re about 30 miles from Liverpool.

The London clubs are expensive because they can get away with it. Chelsea,Spurs and Arsenal are bandits. West Ham are a club I have a soft spot for but they moved stadium recently and have lost some appeal.

Leyton Orient are my favourite London club, mainly because we were given free tickets in their social club on one visit.

1. Yes
2. Some clubs grade matches and charge accordingly.
3. Not necessarily. The group games can be a tough sell sometimes.
4. Rarely.

I do trips like this with my lads and it can be great fun. Good luck and I am sure you will have a great time.

Well, it’s at least 18 months in the offing so we have time to plan. We may go to Stadium Azteca in Mexico City (about 5,000 miles closer and we can drive there in a day or so). Not wild about the opposition players being burned in a bonfire in the middle of the street before the games though. Seems mean.

1.Who are they ?

I will kick off.

1, Wrexham AFC.

4. Bobby Shinton -
Living God.

The University of Alabama Crimson Tide

I grew up in Tuscaloosa. As a kid we would ride our bikes over to watch Coach Bear Bryant during practices.

When I was 6 or 7 my Dad took me to watch Alabama play Vandy at Denny Stadium (now Bryant Denny Stadium). I'll never forget the sights ans sounds of that day.

In 1992, on the way to winning the National Championship, Alabama played in the first SEC Championship against the Florida Gators. We were 11-0 and they were 8-3. In the 4th quarter, Florida came back from 21-7 to tie the game at 21-21. Momentum had shifted. I was freezing my ass off in seats down front in the endzone. (I remember buying roasted chestnuts and holding them in my pockets to keep my hands warm) With just a few minutes left in the game, Antonio Langham intercepted a Shane Matthews pass and returned to straight towards me for the game winning touchdown.

Other great memories include meeting too many stars to name. Bear Bryant, Gene Stallings, Joe Namath, Ken Stabler, Cornelius Bennett, Derrick Thomas, the list is long.

I don't think I could pick a favorite player. Favorite play...maybe. At least a top 5 plays.

Forum List

Back