YOUR Soundtrack For Troops In Iraq

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
i have several friends over in iraq. they're always in search of new music to work out to, relax to, and get ready to fight to. I had an idea if anyone would like to participate... I'm going to start creating "mix cds" and send them out to them. anyone wants to come up with a playlist of songs you'd think they'd enjoy (could be for a certain mood, just a mix or something to stir memories), i'll get the music, burn it and send it to them with a notice this comes from a friend who supports you on the US Message Board.

I'm working on my first cd now (my speciality- hip-hop) but i'd love to make some more cds with your input.

i know a lot of folks on here like sir evil have a serious taste in other areas, so that would be great to get some of that for these folks.

Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Hell's Bells - ACDC
Iron Man - Black Sabbath (or, even better, IMO, is Busta Rhymes "This Means War", which is him rapping over the Iron Man guitar riffs)
For Those About to Rock - ACDC
That's all I can think of for now.

As a disabled vet who was in Iraq....
The song that stuck in my head the most was,
Metallica-Don't tread on me

NATO AIR said:
i have several friends over in iraq. they're always in search of new music to work out to, relax to, and get ready to fight to. I had an idea if anyone would like to participate... I'm going to start creating "mix cds" and send them out to them. anyone wants to come up with a playlist of songs you'd think they'd enjoy (could be for a certain mood, just a mix or something to stir memories), i'll get the music, burn it and send it to them with a notice this comes from a friend who supports you on the US Message Board.

I'm working on my first cd now (my speciality- hip-hop) but i'd love to make some more cds with your input.

i know a lot of folks on here like sir evil have a serious taste in other areas, so that would be great to get some of that for these folks.
I have a huge music collection and so many blank CDs if you want me to help you send some too, I'd be more then willing to help you out. I know how sucky it must be to wait for the new music. So if you got MSN, or what ever pm me and I'd glady help you make countless CDs. I have Hip hop, rap, all kinds of stuff. Also what I don't have I'll get for em'.

gop_jeff said:
Three more:

NIN - Head Like a Hole
RATM - Killing in the Name of
Limp Bizkit - MI2 Theme

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Ok, if you're getting NIN in there, then you need to get a good half of MM's Antichrist Superstar album in there. :)

Sir Evil said:
know_your_enemy.jpg

RATM's Know YOur Enemy is a good one also.

Jeff, I don't know if "Killing in the Name Of" would be a good choice or not. The music surely would get the troops pumped, but the overall message is to refuse to fight a battle that you don't believe in, so that may not be the sort of thing a lot of troops will want to be hearing right now. Maybe not, I've never been in any armed forces, so I can't really say how these songs would affect our troops.

Either way, this is a great idea. Of course, music has gotten so political and just crappy overall that the troops in Iraq really haven't been missing all that much.

Well, Morello's new band, Audioslave, has pretty much no political stuff in their lyrics. You could listen to them.

But, yeah, Morello's organized rallys and stuff against Bush.

The Single Most Important Iraqi Soundtrack Song:

the song I requested for my marine buddy his last night on the town before he left to assemble for the invasion....

....Bombs Over Baghdad - Outkast

....Bombs Over Baghdad - Outkast

Now there's a song to get you pumped! I don't even have a clue what they're talking about in that song, they rap too damn fast!

gop_jeff said:
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Hell's Bells - ACDC
Iron Man - Black Sabbath (or, even better, IMO, is Busta Rhymes "This Means War", which is him rapping over the Iron Man guitar riffs)
For Those About to Rock - ACDC
That's all I can think of for now.

Took the exact thoughts out of my mind.

AC/DC - Thunderstruck gets me pumped.
Pink Floyd usually provides good chill-down music, just not the Final Cut
Rush - Spirit of the Radio
Quiet Riot - come on feel the noise
Nitty - Nasty Girl
Steve Miller Band - Jungle love

thats all I can think of right now. I play airsoft alot and these are some of the ones we listen to before going out and shooting at each other, and it helps.

RATM - Killing in the name of
Pixies - where is my mind
Circle Jerks - Decline of the Western Civilization.
Iamgine - J. Lennon

more serioulsy, if the Gi's listen always to ahrd rock 's song before fights, they will shoot everywhere....so, compromise between hard rock/metal and soft rock.

Semper Fi said:
AC/DC - Thunderstruck gets me pumped.
My husband told me they had this blasting while heading into Iraq during GW1. Seemed to get them pumped too, LOL!

Forum List

Back