Your preference?

Now that we have been treated to a series of GOP candidates' debates, as well as the subsequent analysis of each, which GOP candidate do you prefer, and why?

If you prefer Obama for a second term, why?

Inquiring mind would like to know.

Because we haven't had nearly enough of these kinds of threads.

My current take-

1) Obama has been a miserable failure as a president. Jimmy Carter takes on a whole new luster by comparison. he doesn't deserve a second term and he'd do us all a favor by not running for one. Unfortunately the GOP hasn't given us a lot of good alternatives.

2) Romney is a horrible human being. Simply put, I can't see a scenario where I could ever vote for him. I don't like him. don't like his religion, don't like his business practices, don't like his sleazy operating procedures.

3) I could vote for Gingrich. While I think his ego is a problem, and he's shown some poor judgment in the past, he's also highly intelligent with a record of getting things done. He'd be an effective president.

4) I really wanted to like Rick Perry. I could still vote for him, but he's not made the case for himself.

5) Herman Cain- Can't vote for him at all. Again, wanted to like him, but he's an ingnoramas. I'm not saying he's ignorant. I'm saying he doesn't seem interested in learning about things he's not interested in, and frankly, if your president, you are going to have to do some things that bore you.

6) Santorum- Not sure why he's running.

7) Bachmann- Religious whacko...

8) Paul- Whacko.

9) Huntsman- GUy, you are running in the wrong party.

Me? I think we should draft the President rather than elect him/her. Anyone who actually wants the job is automatically ineligible for the draft.
Immie

Ref: Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron", President McCloskey.

I don't know the story so I am not sure what you are trying to say here.

And in case you mean what I think you mean... I actually want the job ;) so I'm not eligible. :lol:

Immie

In the short story "Harrison Bergeron", no one is allowed to be any better than anyone at anything. The government has the office of Handicapper General to handicap people who are born with intelligence or talents greater than others', so that everyone can be equal. The President is chosen completely at random from the entire population, I believe by computer.

As should be obvious from my posts elsewhere, I am supporting Newt Gingrich in the primary. I think he's the smartest of the candidates, I like the plans I've seen outlined on his website, and he has a good track record of keeping his campaign promises once he gets into office. I also appreciate that when he's made mistakes in the past, rather than reflexively trying to defend them or explain them away, he simply says, "That was a mistake and I shouldn't have done it."

Matters not to me whether the guy in the White House wears a D or an R. I'm tired of all the political bull and I'm tired of making everyone think they have to be on one side or the other. Can we just have a leader that can lead us out of this debacle of what we call a government.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to naturegirl again

Sorry, I must share more.

Immie

Forum List

Back