Your preference?

I give Obama an "A" for managing the ME, using drones, killing AQ, etc.
then he gets an "F" for managing the economy and wasting so much time and money on Obamacare

The dems talk a good game, save SS & Medicare, etc., but have no clue how to actually balance a Budget.

BO needs to actually accomplish something. Hell, when a suck-up leg thriller like Chris Matthews critiques BO for not managing better, you know its bad.

Ron Paul because he is the only candidate serious about taking an economic u-turn and revitalizing the US middle class.

Newt because he has a firm grasp on what needs to be done and his record of accomplishments show that he can get the support needed to get things done.

I'll give Obama an "A" on international affairs. I'll give him a "B-" on domestic affairs.

Hopefully in the second term he treats Republicans as the adversaries they are...

There should be no "consenus" with them. And he should leverage everything. Take lessons from both FDR and Truman. Throw in some LBJ.

Don't try for "friendship". He won't get any.

Newt because he has a firm grasp on what needs to be done and his record of accomplishments show that he can get the support needed to get things done.

Newt is probably the only one I could stomach voting for. The rest of them just seem to be "good little Republicans" and I am so sick of both parties that I won't be voting for a "good little party member" of either party.

The funny thing is that Newt is sure to prove to be just that if he were to win the nomination.

Me? I think we should draft the President rather than elect him/her. Anyone who actually wants the job is automatically ineligible for the draft.

Immie

Me? I think we should draft the President rather than elect him/her. Anyone who actually wants the job is automatically ineligible for the draft.
Immie

Ref: Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron", President McCloskey.

I don't know the story so I am not sure what you are trying to say here.

And in case you mean what I think you mean... I actually want the job ;) so I'm not eligible. :lol:

Immie

Last edited:
Johnson, Paul, maybe Huntsman - if any of the other Republicans are nominated, I'll probably vote Libertarian.

Immie

Ref: Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron", President McCloskey.

I don't know the story so I am not sure what you are trying to say here.

And in case you mean what I think you mean... I actually want the job ;) so I'm not eligible. :lol:

Immie

In "Harrison Bergeron" public officials are selected by lottery. President McCloskey, an iron worker from Pittsburgh, is the current POTUS in the story.

I'll give Obama an "A" on international affairs. I'll give him a "B-" on domestic affairs.

Hopefully in the second term he treats Republicans as the adversaries they are...

There should be no "consenus" with them. And he should leverage everything. Take lessons from both FDR and Truman. Throw in some LBJ.

yea thats it Sallow....lets divide the Country even more....you been talking to Dean?.....

I know it sounds like a 1-pony option, but I like Governor Perry on account of his emphasis on getting businesses to employ people. I like the family persons that he and his wife are. He is a doer, not a talker, though, and he's endured a major back surgery just before jumping into the presidential race.

No matter what happens to him and/or his campaign, he would be the best man to occupy the Oval Office if he were elected.

That doesn't look like much of a prospect, considering the hammering both the right and left press commentators have given this great family guy who's a joy to have in Texas.

He's a keeper, imho.

Thanks for asking, gallant warrior, and I'm glad you found your way back to USMB.

Hope everyone here has a great Thanksgiving.

love,

freedombecki

Matters not to me whether the guy in the White House wears a D or an R. I'm tired of all the political bull and I'm tired of making everyone think they have to be on one side or the other. Can we just have a leader that can lead us out of this debacle of what we call a government.

Matters not to me whether the guy in the White House wears a D or an R. I'm tired of all the political bull and I'm tired of making everyone think they have to be on one side or the other. Can we just have a leader that can lead us out of this debacle of what we call a government.

Not likely. Not if they wear a D or an R.

yea thats it Sallow....lets divide the Country even more....you been talking to Dean?.....

Let's call it "Hard Love".

When your crazy uncle goes on a bender..you don't let him near the steak knives..chief.

I know it sounds like a 1-pony option, but I like Governor Perry on account of his emphasis on getting businesses to employ people. I like the family persons that he and his wife are. He is a doer, not a talker, though, and he's endured a major back surgery just before jumping into the presidential race.

No matter what happens to him and/or his campaign, he would be the best man to occupy the Oval Office if he were elected.

That doesn't look like much of a prospect, considering the hammering both the right and left press commentators have given this great family guy who's a joy to have in Texas.

He's a keeper, imho.

Thanks for asking, gallant warrior, and I'm glad you found your way back to USMB.

Hope everyone here has a great Thanksgiving.

love,

freedombecki

Perry has a good rep in TX and his record as governor speaks well for him. I have issues with rewarding lawbreakers, but I understand that no one candidate will meet my requirements 100%. It's give-and-take and I am watching very closely at this point.

I haven't made a decision yet, though Obama, Paul, Bachmann, and Huntsman would not get my vote. Beyond that?

Let's call it "Hard Love".

When your crazy uncle goes on a bender..you don't let him near the steak knives..chief.

the Country is not one Uncle.....there about 150 million Uncles that you want to push away even further ....big difference....Chief....

Forum List

Back