Your Political Beliefs?

bdt1805

Rookie
Sep 30, 2014
Okay so this is my first post here so hooray! Now with that out of the way, My question is this: What are your overall political beliefs, and most importantly, why? What are your thoughts on our political system and where it is going? Where does religion fit into the picture? I know those are pretty open-ended questions but it will be interesting to see where this goes.

The reason I ask is because a) I am curious and b) My final in my political science class involves getting people's opinions and whatnot. So you BETTER have some GOOD answers, lol. :biggrin:

I'm with Abe Lincoln. This is a government of the people, by the people, for the people but we now have the most unequal distribution of wealth among all modern nations and the supreme court says corporations are citizens who can flood the political system with influence by way of campaign financing. I don't think corporations are the people Lincoln had in mind when he made that speech.

Okay so this is my first post here so hooray! Now with that out of the way, My question is this: What are your overall political beliefs, and most importantly, why? What are your thoughts on our political system and where it is going? Where does religion fit into the picture? I know those are pretty open-ended questions but it will be interesting to see where this goes.

The reason I ask is because a) I am curious and b) My final in my political science class involves getting people's opinions and whatnot. So you BETTER have some GOOD answers, lol. :biggrin:

It isn't even October 1st. You are supposed to be picking out the most politically incorrect Halloween costume, not worrying about finals. Geez, what is up with you punks these days that you have your priorities all backwards...

I believe in democracy and local control of government. The further away government gets from the people, the more inefficient and oppressive it becomes.

It isn't even October 1st. You are supposed to be picking out the most politically incorrect Halloween costume, not worrying about finals. Geez, what is up with you punks these days that you have your priorities all backwards...
Actually I am taking it online. So the schedule is different.

Hard to describe me politically.

First of , I don't believe voting should be a right, I think it should be a privilege that is earned. Gender/Race/Religion should have no part in that discussion. Simple voter exam that you must pass to vote.

Secondly, I take issue with both "conservatives" and "liberals" who constantly want to tell others what they may or may not do. Its sickening and frightening how much power people are willing to give the government over OTHER people.

We have became the furthest thing from a free society that a person can possibly imagine.

I am a rightwinger

Efficient government and the rule of law as defined by the Constitution. Since democrats care little for either agenda I am by default a republican.

I believe politics act like religion in that they're a refuge for people unable to function in regular society. Politics as opposed to religion and the clergy though being for those that don't believe in God. :)

I'm with Abe Lincoln. When he said that our government is one of the people, by the people, and for the people, our country was still one of individualism and opportunity, a country of haves and have-nots, and a country where people could congregate and speak as one voice if they pleased.

I believe in republicanism and the local control of government.

Democracy is an insidious and dangerous form of government, one that operates under the guise of fairness.

Here is a quick answer for you. It's not about being conservative or liberal. It's not about small government vs big government. What is important to me is how effective government is at whatever it is we decide we need it to do for us, and right now it is not effective at all because we have two parties whose only goal is to make the other party look stupid.

I don't have any solid political beliefs. But I do have ideas of what a society should be like.

Ultimately though, manipulating or coercing people is against my ethics - which rules out me having a strong belief in 'democracy', governments, or large institutions.

I am an individualist, meaning I have no interest in controlling other people's lives, but will point out what I think anyway. I don't seek public favor, or to be a 'man of the people', as I feel that people have to make their own choices, not be handed a shortlist from someone else - least I contribute to the idea that popular government is preferable to individual freedom or private contract.

Actually I am taking it online. So the schedule is different.
Then you should know asking for opinions from a bunch of anonymous people will not get you any honest answers. Well almost none.

Well, I suppose my political beliefs could be described as follows:

My right to swing my fist ends at your nose and visa versa. Government, therefore, should operate in such a way that the right to swing the fist does not take precedence over the right of the nose to not be hit. This notion extends to more complex matters involving institutionalized relationships as well as individual ones in such a way as to prevent exploitation. As such, I am a fierce opponent of multiculturalism, since it is simply a duplicitous mechanism for creating a double standard for the purpose of supporting ingrained systems of oppression. I think all people deserve the same rights, applied without regard to culture, race or ethnicity.

I believe in the maximum amount of liberty for the individual and the minimum amount of power in the hands of government.

A fierce opponent of multiculturalism? How interesting! Please elaborate.

Multiculturalism is a political ideology that replaces rights of an individual with rights for a group, instead, and since it seeks to preserve the normative cultural mores of subgroups living within a larger group, it acts to retard the liberalization of profoundly illiberal people.

The most glaring example of the failure of multiculturalism would be in the way it has enabled the gross misogyny of tribal Islamic societies to be imported into liberal, western states.

A fierce opponent of multiculturalism? How interesting! Please elaborate.

Multiculturalism is a political ideology that replaces rights of an individual with rights for a group, instead, and since it seeks to preserve the normative cultural mores of subgroups living within a larger group, it acts to retard the liberalization of profoundly illiberal people.

The most glaring example of the failure of multiculturalism would be in the way it has enabled the gross misogyny of tribal Islamic societies to be imported into liberal, western states.

How about here? What does it mean for America?

Forum List

Back