Your.. Political 3 Wishes

3) We will have divided government in the next election with Republicans and Independents taking over the House and Senate.
right... because continuiong to inject partisanship and party affiliation into the matter is totally the solution :rolleyes:

Great .. so what's your 3 wishes

If it was up to me there would be no party affiliations in Congress everyone would be free to vote what's best for the American people... the partisan leadership structure would be done away with. The leadership in both House and Senate would be voted in on merit by the full House and Senate, not party affiliation.... talk about your crazy ideas .. have fun, go for it...

Last edited:
1) half congressional pay to remove the incentive for career politicians

2) ban 'gifts' and campaign financing from businesses and send violators to prison

3) require that all bills include a breakdown of every single entity that's to receive funds from the bill along with the total amount allotted, to be included as an appendix and made available to all major news outlets

My three wishes:

1. I wish people would stop being so damn naive. Politics is a crooked business. It always will be. Democrats are shady. Republicans are shady. Stop expecting your favorite candidate to be a saint - he's not.

2. I wish there were no more nanny-state laws and sin taxes. Legalize all drugs and prostitution. Stop with these sugar taxes, and other such nonsense. Nothing anyone does to them self should be illegal.

3. I wish Glenn Beck would disappear. This is really just my own personal wish, I really just don't like him.

Just one:

1) Have an electorate that stops hyperventilating about sound bites, and stops thinking of the other party as 'the enemy'. How can we the peeps demand more from our politicians if we don't first demand more from ourselves?

First my just 3....:wtf:

1) The government will finally get the message that they work for us and not for their re-election.

They got the message.

They just happen to know it isn't true.

For the corporations, they already have become liberals.

For the rest of us? We're essantially serfs.

3) We will have divided government in the next election with Republicans and Independents taking over the House and Senate.

Yeah more good cop/bad cop shadowpuppet threater

That'll accomplish exactly nothing.

Are you ever positive other than being positively negative..
Soo.. where's your wishes .. sad sack?

1) half congressional pay to remove the incentive for career politicians

2) ban 'gifts' and campaign financing from businesses and send violators to prison

3) require that all bills include a breakdown of every single entity that's to receive funds from the bill along with the total amount allotted, to be included as an appendix and made available to all major news outlets

All great ideas.. damn.. and I wanted to bitch about them ..

You mind coming up with 3 stupid ones, so I can bitch..:lol:

Last edited:
First my just 3....:wtf:

1) The government will finally get the message that they work for us and not for their re-election.

2) Government control over the American people will be greatly diminished.

1: Bush

2: Cheney

3: Tax cuts

Obama has a religious epiphany, becomes a Muslim, renounces riches, resigns to become a soup kitchen operator.

Biden completes BO's term, but opts not to seek election on his own, paving the way for Hillary, who's campaign slogan,"Two for the price of one" is not enough to withstand Al Franken's 3rd party challenge, leading to the victory of Cheney-Romney in 2012.

President Cheney calls for a summit meeting with the leaders of Iran, Venezuela and North Korea, at the UN, where a freak accident results in the sudden engulfment by fire of the entire building prior to the arrival of Cheney and the US delegation. The FBI concludes the fire was "probably due to faulty wiring or something" and closes it's file.

1. Eliminate the Federal Reserve;

2. Private Banks are chartered in only one state and may not operate in any other state.

3. Each state to operate a state bank, such as the Bank of North Dakota

Bank of North Dakota: About BND - History of BND

Wry Catcher, this will not work in an era of globalization. And how does the federal government affect the economy if not through the Federal Reserve? This is antiquated, feel-good nonsense. With all due respect to North Dakota, we do not trade animals hides anymore.

Bison.gif

I don't know. which is why I asked for ideas. It seems to me that the current system sucks, and the Fed is corrupt. I've never been to N. Dakota, I'd like to hear from those who live there.

Id like term limits and in lieu of that. win or lose , they have to dress like clowns from the time they declare their candidacy to the last day of there lives.

suck those sour grapes, your time is getting short. we the people don't like the way you and your ilk are ruining this country.

what are you babbling about, dear?

it's the losers who get sour grapes.

last i looked, that was you.

:cheers:

So for 8 years you were sucking sour grapes? We can dismiss anything you had to say from 2000 to 2008? Thanks for telling us that.

Excuses, not reasons.

I'm really not interested in what you think on my stances, mo chara. There is no need to waste your time thinking you can educate me on the Constitution.

Nor am I interested in who did what to whom in the past. The 'Mom, they did it too' is not acceptable to me.

Nor am I interested in which party does what to whom. Both are full of fucking idiots. I don't vote for fucking idiots... no matter what letter they wear.

how is the fact that the supreme court is the arbiter of constitutionality an excuse? the fact that there are people who intentionally misconstrue how the constitution is supposed to be interpreted offends me. it is distasteful and goes against everything that constitutional scholars (of which i certainly am not one) have argued about for over 200 years. yet a bunch of yahoos are suddenly going to say THEY are the only ones who know what the constitution says, means and allows. laughable.

you would do well to learn something about the constitution. I'd suggest starting with Marbury versus madison.

i'm also not certain what the view that everyone in government sucks (except for your own suckish people, of course) has to do with properly construing the constitution?

the FACT is that the legislature wouldn't know if something was constitutional if it bit them on the butt... same as YOU haven't a clue as to what is constitutional. That's what constitutional scholars are for. And putting Article II or commerce clause or whatever other secrtion you think applies does nothing to change that. So it's meaningless... and panders only to the pretend constitutionalists who think the constitution is some fundie's bible, without a clue as to its actual purposes.

i'm not sure what the 'mom they did it too comment' has to do with anything other than as a means for you not to acknowledge reality and fess up to the hypocrisy of the right. If you're referring to the fact that politicians always made deals, well that's how things get done... same as they did when the country was formed. And y'all are always the ones running around shrieking about original intent...... not me.

I don't put much stock in original intent when the constitution wasn't even construed that way when they were alive....and certainly a bunch of slave-owning, landed gentry shouldn't be used to make determinations about civil liberties now.

:clap2: Sometimes I think there must be two entirely different versions of the Constitution.

Ya the REAL one and the one the Democrats trot out when ever they are bullshitting the public. You and Jillian would sell us out to a couple old Lawyers.

:rolleyes:

1.) HONEST ELECTIONS..whereby the wisest people in the land honestly compete for 'public office' instead of your phony republicrat puppet show where the cheerleaders and announcers do all the talking..also 'none of the above' and 'negative vote' ballot options..(absent this, we'd be better off drawing names out of a hat!)..

2.) COMPLETE GOVERNMENT TRANSPARENCY ..for you stooooooopid fuck republicrats to realize that if government officials can't talk about things openly and honestly, then they shouldn't be doing these things in the first place..and that stinking government officials who do things 'behind closed doors' surely shouldn't be holding any position of 'public trust..'

...i only needed two wishes, republicrats!.. ;)

Last edited:
COMPLETE GOVERNMENT TRANSPARENCY ..for you stooooooopid fuck republicrats to realize that if government officials can't talk about things openly and honestly, then they shouldn't be doing these things in the first place..and that stinking government officials who do things 'behind closed doors' surely shouldn't be holding any position of 'public trust..'

I don't think the government should be transparent in this day and age. They should work in secret, behind closed doors until they have a complete bill that is ready for signature.

With todays lynchmob media and internet ready to pounce on every rumor, every shred of information and every interim draft, it has become impossible to legislate effectively. Politicians from both sides are prevented from working out compromises because as soon as they do, the digital lynchmob attacks and they are innundated with angry emails and phonecalls from the masses

COMPLETE GOVERNMENT TRANSPARENCY ..for you stooooooopid fuck republicrats to realize that if government officials can't talk about things openly and honestly, then they shouldn't be doing these things in the first place..and that stinking government officials who do things 'behind closed doors' surely shouldn't be holding any position of 'public trust..'

I don't think the government should be transparent in this day and age. They should work in secret, behind closed doors until they have a complete bill that is ready for signature.

With todays lynchmob media and internet ready to pounce on every rumor, every shred of information and every interim draft, it has become impossible to legislate effectively. Politicians from both sides are prevented from working out compromises because as soon as they do, the digital lynchmob attacks and they are innundated with angry emails and phonecalls from the masses

So.. this is the kind of Obama change you were hoping for.. very perceptive of you..most voters were completely fooled...

By legislate effectively you mean what? Without debate and disagreement?

Maybe the problem with the government is that they are legislating too much to begin with.

While we're talking about wishes, how about a none of the above box on the ballots? Then I can vote against all those creeps simultaneously.

While we're talking about wishes, how about a none of the above box on the ballots? Then I can vote against all those creeps simultaneously.

I guess you missed the part where we are a REPRESENTATIVE Republic. We elect people to Represent us. FAILING to fill a position by vote means the State gets to fill it by non vote.

Forum List

Back