Your.. Political 3 Wishes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lumpy 1, May 28, 2010.

1. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,840
    First my just 3....:wtf:

1) The government will finally get the message that they work for us and not for their re-election.

2) Government control over the American people will be greatly diminished.

3) We will have divided government in the next election with Republicans and Independents taking over the House and Senate.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    1. That every bill begins with the words "This bill is Constitutional under 'insert relevant section of the Constitution that grants the Government the authority to enact bill'.

2. No Special Interests. The only 'special interest' group acceptable is 'We, The People'.

3. That no further back door deals, pork, and kickbacks are tolerated.

And...... most importantly.....

1. That 'We, The People' recognize that our best interests are not served by stupid, partisan bickering and pathetic point scoring. The Democrats are corrupt. The Republicans are corrupt. Neither side is worthy of your vote. Get smart and stop allowing these corrupt assholes to destroy our once great nation. I don't just blame the politicians, I blame Americans.

3. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    right... because continuiong to inject partisanship and party affiliation into the matter is totally the solution :rolleyes:

4. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,001
    I wish for a credible third party presence in the House and Senate that will make it nearly impossible to pass any new laws except those that truly have a consensus.

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    1. the constitution doesn't work like that. we aren't a code state. you'd have to attach caselaw, too. THAT is what a common law country is. it also isn't the province of the legislature to rule on constitutionality.

2. the special interests bus left the gate the day the corporatists sitting on the USSC decided that corps are people with first amendment rights to free speech. what should have happened was complete election finance reform.

3. The country started with backdoor deals. otherwise slavery would have been outlawed from the beginning.

and you people forget that 'we the people' are the ones who voted for THIS government. YOU voted against it. so when you say that 'we the people' stuff, all it says to me is that you are resentful you lost.

I agree that people should stop voting against their own interests...

that way we never have anyone like bush as president again. :thup:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 5
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
  6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Excuses, not reasons.

I'm really not interested in what you think on my stances, mo chara. There is no need to waste your time thinking you can educate me on the Constitution.

Nor am I interested in who did what to whom in the past. The 'Mom, they did it too' is not acceptable to me.

Nor am I interested in which party does what to whom. Both are full of fucking idiots. I don't vote for fucking idiots... no matter what letter they wear.

7. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,838
    1. Repeal the 16th Amendment, this will close the IRS and have the States go back to funding the Gubbamint

2. End, privatize or turn over to the states any Program not specifically enumerated in the Constitution (Adios Tennessee Valley Authority, Rural Electrification, ObamaCare)

3. Make Congress part-time, unpaid work and have them meet only once a month like the local zoning Board.

8. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,398
    Hmm.

Number one would be to rule the world.

Number two, is that Political candidates be vetted (sort of like Juries) and have to know NOTHING about Politics, in order to be elected.

And three, ban lobbying while simultaneously enforcing that candidates must fulfill their actual promises. Therefore, the voters are the "lobbyists" and they get exactly what they voted for.

9. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617

10. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    1) Balanced budget amendment to the constitution
    2) Term Limits
    3) Flat Tax system that simplifies the code, and ensures every citizen pays the same rate on every dollar earned

Many more besides that that would require more wishes... but these have to be the starting points to get the others done