Your Opposite Favorite

Heaven forbid they become President but there are a lot of people on the other side of the spectrum I like. Including are Pat Buchannan, Charlie Daniels and Ted Nugent.

lol.. I thought it was what was being asked. ;o)

Maybe it was, I don't know. It seemed like he was asking for your favorite opposite PARTY member, but maybe he was asking for an all out opposite on the spectrum. Who knows.

He did say Republican/Democrat.

It's hard for me to say I like ANY politician who is my ideological opposite, but I can name just a bunch of democrats I like.

Goldwater was a liberal republican

Wow.

"A time will come when members of my party will view me as a liberal."

-Barry Goldwater

Can you explain how exactly he was a liberal? Or are you referring to classical liberalism?

Goldwater was a liberal republican plus he could have ran an ad connecting the democrats to the KKK, they already had it made and he decided against it thinking it was going to far.

barry goldwater was the closest thing we've had to a conservative run for president in the past 50 years. the fact that you think he's a liberal republican speaks volumes to what the republican party has become- a festering sore on the body politic.

there is nothing conservative about the republican party.

"When you say "radical right" today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party away from the Republican Party, and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."-BG 1994

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them." BG 1995

"We're the new liberals of the Republican party. Can you imagine that?"- Goldwater to Bob Dole 1996

he was right.

barry goldwater was the closest thing we've had to a conservative run for president in the past 50 years. the fact that you think he's a liberal republican speaks volumes to what the republican party has become- a festering sore on the body politic.

there is nothing conservative about the republican party.

"When you say "radical right" today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party away from the Republican Party, and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."-BG 1994

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them." BG 1995

"We're the new liberals of the Republican party. Can you imagine that?"- Goldwater to Bob Dole 1996

he was right.
This is all why I picked him as my opposite but really he would probably be an indepedent today! He is the only republican my Grandmother voted for.
And I always thought he was right about the Republican party but I should have said in today's terms he is a liberal conservative. Another one like him is Ronald Reagan and I still like Nancy to this day. And I was sorry to hear she broke her pelvis the other day, it is not good for someone her age.

Forum List

Back