Your opinions please--discrimination

Ahhh, sweetie didn't mean to brush you off. I'll take that last dance.

Had me scared there for a moment...thought i'd lost the touch...Mashed potatoes,Surfer Stomp,or country Western..Like a 'slow man with a slow hand' or something like that...then again I am open to new dances...LOL

One word of advice - don't burn bridges that might cause you problems in the professional community. I like Manu's idea of working the angle for better pay and more hours, but I wouldn't go the legal route to try to stick it to 'em.

Think "verbal judo."
They move by advancing your co-worker while acknowledging your hard-work and skills.
You move by countering by asking for a raise and some more hours.

Now they have a decision to make - either to back up their own statements regarding your skills and abilities and finding some compromise with you, or you move on to another employer, hopefully keeping the guys who passed you over as a positive reference.

Only burn bridges if you are certain it cannot come bac kto haunt you later.

One word of advice - don't burn bridges that might cause you problems in the professional community. I like Manu's idea of working the angle for better pay and more hours, but I wouldn't go the legal route to try to stick it to 'em.

Think "verbal judo."
They move by advancing your co-worker while acknowledging your hard-work and skills.

Now they have a decision to make - either to back up their own statements regarding your skills and abilities and finding some compromise with you, or you move on to another employer, hopefully keeping the guys who passed you over as a positive reference.

Excellent advice!...But knowing...Trigg thinks like me...she will probably tell em' to "Take this job and shove it"...lol

Had me scared there for a moment...thought i'd lost the touch...Mashed potatoes,Surfer Stomp,or country Western..Like a 'slow man with a slow hand' or something like that...then again I am open to new dances...LOL

Well, to tell ya the truth I didn't know men could do anything other than slow dance. At least that's what my hubby's been telling me (was he fibbing??):(

I love that song "slow man with a slow hand" how'd ya know??? :mm:

Think "verbal judo."

My husband has been telling me to leave this job for awhile anyway. Some of the people there are very hard to work with. I'm such an easy going person I tend to get taken advantage of sometimes.

I would have stayed, but if they don't appreciate me enough then I'm gone, and mentioning my kids as a problem just ticked me off.

well if you are going to split then i would take the opportunity to practice what i suggested......one day it may be useful

so what did family and friends and hubby recomend

Hubby says I should tell them to take a flying leap off a short pier.

Mom says, that she loves me and she's sure I'm doing a great job at work. Gotta love moms!!!!!!

Hubby says I should tell them to take a flying leap off a short pier.

Mom says, that she loves me and she's sure I'm doing a great job at work. Gotta love moms!!!!!!

So have some fun with the asshats. If you're going to quit anyway, before you do say, "you know, I really appreciate what you said about how well I do and that you don't want to lose me, but you're putting so-and-so ahead of me into the part-time position, and I just wondered, you said you don't want to put ME there because I have kids... *is that legal to do that*, I was just wondering". :D

PUT 'EM ON THE SPOT! They probably KNOW that it is, so let them contemplate what kind of hell you could brew up if you wanted.

Well, to tell ya the truth I didn't know men could do anything other than slow dance. At least that's what my hubby's been telling me (was he fibbing??):(

I love that song "slow man with a slow hand" how'd ya know??? :mm:

Humm...cause thats what my ex...who was/is a 'singer' always played prior to her exiting stage [email protected] love to dance fast! dontcha' know...lol...if ya come to the Bucket of Blood in VC someday...I will show ya...lol!

Opp's I am not saying you are like my ex...just that most girls have the wrong impression about us dudes..if that makes sense...sorry i am in need of a vacation...tonight may just be the night! Must get back to being just me...I call em like I see em..no quarter given...until and unless I am proved wrong...gotta love ya though!

Humm...cause thats what my ex...who was/is a 'singer' always played prior to her exiting stage [email protected] love to dance fast! dontcha' know...lol...if ya come to the Bucket of Blood in VC someday...I will show ya...lol!

Opp's I am not saying you are like my ex...just that most girls have the wrong impression about us dudes..if that makes sense...sorry i am in need of a vacation...tonight may just be the night! Must get back to being just me...I call em like I see em..no quarter given...until and unless I am proved wrong...gotta love ya though!

Bucket of Blood saloon??? Sounds kinda scary if you ask me. But wait, I looked at Paleriders pictures and the place actually looks nice.

The farthest west I've gotten is Dodge City Kansas, I have family out that way.

Bucket of Blood saloon??? Sounds kinda scary if you ask me. But wait, I looked at Paleriders pictures and the place actually looks nice.

The farthest west I've gotten is Dodge City Kansas, I have family out that way.

The Bucket is a real cool place. The crowd is good people, most of whom enjoy the old west.

You'd enjoy it. It's like stepping back in time 150 years or so.

Forum List

Back