~Your Most Prized Possession~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
In your home, big or small, what is your ONE most prized possession??
Could be your most sentimental....whatever it is, if you had to vacate your home immediately, this item would be the very first thing you would grab, taking all means to NOT leave it behind~

I'm presuming pets don't count?
If so, then my pets. The other stuff is just...stuff.

It can't be classed as one single possession, more of a collection.

The box contains:

Several Roman coins. One is dated from the time of Claudius (1st century AD), the other from the reign of Constantine (4th century AD). Some Roman pottery and what looks like a simple bracelet (indeterminate date). Some Medieval arrowheads (some I think are Saxon, but I can't be sure). A couple of old musket balls.

All found by me with my metal detector in England. I found the Roman coins near what was the main Roman supply depot during the Roman invasion of Britain. I found the arrowheads at considerable risk to my person. Whilst skimming a field in Buckinghamshire I was chased by a dog that would look more at home patrolling the Berlin Wall than a farm. Thankfully the landowner was close behind and secured his hound, before it gleefully tore my face off. I swagged the pottery whilst volunteering at a local dig. Yes, I know, it was bad of me. But I couldn't help myself and it was only a few bits and pieces.

WOW. That's tought to say. I have a couple that would definitely rank up there.....

My father's Ruger Security Six revolver. It's the gun I learned to shoot with more than twenty years ago and its value to me as a rememberance of my father is pretty much priceless.

My Eagle medallion from the Boy Scouts of America. One of my proudest moments of my life.

The last one is my Silver Crescent medallion. It's an award from the medieval recreation group that I'm part of. It was custom made for me by a local artist/merchant who has commented that it was such a pain that he will NEVER do another one. It's essentially a singularly unique piece.

My best friend, my wonderful life companion, the only thing I have ever touched ever day of my life, my beautiful penis.

I love you Larry.

My 1989 Peavey Tracer Guitar. Don't ask me why I value it so much, and I'm not very good with it (probably cause it's my first one and it's been with me on 3 combat tours and a year-long exile to Korea). I have purchased better ones, but this is my fave. I would have to say a funeral prayer card and crucifix for my grandfather as well, who died in 1998.

Well, aside from the dog and cat it would be my wedding/engagement/anniversary rings. I rarely wear them in the house (because my hands are in and out of water so much and the water lays under the stones and annoys me) so yeah, I'd grab them. Prescription sunglasses are the second thing I'd grab.

Well, aside from the dog and cat it would be my wedding/engagement/anniversary rings. I rarely wear them in the house (because my hands are in and out of water so much and the water lays under the stones and annoys me) so yeah, I'd grab them. Prescription sunglasses are the second thing I'd grab.

Personal Opinion, and take that for what it's worth; but I think your statement says something really special about your relationship, and how good it must be, Zoom. Obviously they hold much more sentimental value than just the gold and jewels that make up the physical object. That's great in my mind. Those are the truly important things in life.

In your home, big or small, what is your ONE most prized possession??
Could be your most sentimental....whatever it is, if you had to vacate your home immediately, this item would be the very first thing you would grab, taking all means to NOT leave it behind~

My Glock 22.

hahahahah I love guns. I didn't think of that. Next on list...

My gun is for fun and goes with me all of the time.

My weapon stays in it's case.

Forum List

Back