Your military service does not mean you get to say it's OK to disrespect the flag...

The constitution does.

And if you're fighting in service of those freedoms and protecting everything the flag stands for, then yes, your service makes you uniquely qualified to speak on this matter.
No it doesn't. Furthermore, for every service member who follows your opinion on the subject, there are 10 that reject it.

I don't think so. Most are not speaking up but the ones I know could give a shit if they stand, kneel, laydown or whatever.
Bullshit. Most veterans and people in the service are patriots.
Yes we are...sworn to uphold the Constitution...not go all snowflake about people kneeling for the flag.
This issue has nothing to do with "upholding the Constitution." No matter how hard you try, you can't make it into a free speech issue.
You're right, people kneeling in protest is not free speech. America has rules about what free speech is like and those rules must be followed. What about half-kneeling?

No it doesn't. Furthermore, for every service member who follows your opinion on the subject, there are 10 that reject it.

I don't think so. Most are not speaking up but the ones I know could give a shit if they stand, kneel, laydown or whatever.
Yes we are...sworn to uphold the Constitution...not go all snowflake about people kneeling for the flag.
This issue has nothing to do with "upholding the Constitution." No matter how hard you try, you can't make it into a free speech issue.
You're right, people kneeling in protest is not free speech. America has rules about what free speech is like and those rules must be followed. What about half-kneeling?
Bosses telling their employees what they can do and say is not a violation of the First Amendment, moron. Trying to make it about the form your speech takes only shows what a douche bag you are.

Bosses telling their employees what they can do and say is not a violation of the First Amendment, moron. Trying to make it about the form your speech takes only shows what a douche bag you are.
Even your name-calling is protected.

We already know you’re crazy; no need to reaffirm it.

President Trump’s Lies, the Definitive List

We know that you're a lying cockroach. Disagreeing with a liberal isn't a lie.
LOLOL

Those aren’t “disagreements,” they’re documented lies. There’s over 100 on that page alone. Since you claim Obama and Hillary lie 10 times as much, either. Post 1,000 lies for each of them or you’re the liar.

No excuses accepted.
They are only "documented" by the fake news. The leftwing definition of a "lie" is any objection to leftwing horseshit.

Did you ever notice we didn't have fake news until your god trump came along. And you do worship a god and that would be trump.
Yes, we did have fake news. Many of us have been pointing that out for decades. Trump is just the first politician to point out fake news. The rest have all been afraid up until this election.

I am so glad someone is watching out for us and pointing out the fake news.

I came home just a little while ago, some new neighbors had an opposing college football flag in their yard. I dearly hate the college, so I went over blew a fog horn to they would see me and I knelt, laid on the ground, grabbed my crotch and then to top it off whipped it out and pissed on it. Is that Ok, or did I go a little overboard?

LOLOL

Those aren’t “disagreements,” they’re documented lies. There’s over 100 on that page alone. Since you claim Obama and Hillary lie 10 times as much, either. Post 1,000 lies for each of them or you’re the liar.

No excuses accepted.
They are only "documented" by the fake news. The leftwing definition of a "lie" is any objection to leftwing horseshit.

Did you ever notice we didn't have fake news until your god trump came along. And you do worship a god and that would be trump.
Yes, we did have fake news. Many of us have been pointing that out for decades. Trump is just the first politician to point out fake news. The rest have all been afraid up until this election.

I'm looking out for me. I couldn't give a damn about you.

Burning the flag, or disrespecting the flag, means I no longer am listening to your message. I no longer want to hear you, all I know is that you are an enemy of the United States, and I don't care what you have to say.
Enemy of your shitty foreign "policy". "Do as we say, not as we do". Your flag declares imperialism and corporate fascism

No it represents economic and political ideologies which have lifted hundreds of millions of people out of poverty and liberated hundreda of millions from tyranny. Kneeling for it represents support for the racist BLM terrorist organization which is founded on a lie.

I came home just a little while ago, some new neighbors had an opposing college football flag in their yard. I dearly hate the college, so I went over blew a fog horn to they would see me and I knelt, laid on the ground, grabbed my crotch and then to top it off whipped it out and pissed on it. Is that Ok, or did I go a little overboard?
Not if it was Alabama Crimson Tide.

They need to stop beer sales during the National anthem...its disrespectful to be in line waiting for your brew .....stand at attention ...no bathroom visits during the anthem ...lock them up...R E S P E C T our Flag goobers................

Say, what if you're taking a dump when somebody starts playing the NA?

Are you required to stand up, pull up your pants and salute?

Is it "disrespect" if you continue to plop?

These are the burning issues of our times, for which everything must stop. Because robots.

Active or not?

It makes a difference.

If not active, its undoubtedly protected free speech. But, if pino trump gets his way, that will all change and you dummies will wish you had paid more attention to liverals.
My post -- I think there is some constraint if you're active. IOW, active military give up certain rights.

what rights? I never gave up any rights while serving.
Oh? Freedom of protest while in uniform? Freedom of movement while on duty? Who else can be written up for destruction of government property for continuously getting sunburned?

So your job allows you to leave work and protest something? You get to pick the location you perform your work duties? Admonishment on a piece of paper!! how ruthless the military can be
Are you sure you've actually served? Actually been under the UCMJ?

Well, when I was in I attended two Vietnam protests, one at UT in Austin and one at Washington Mall in D.C, both in civilian clothes. The one in Austin myself and the others I went with were called in to the CID and so to speak counseled.

BUT, your rights were not surrendered.

what rights? I never gave up any rights while serving.
Oh? Freedom of protest while in uniform? Freedom of movement while on duty? Who else can be written up for destruction of government property for continuously getting sunburned?

So your job allows you to leave work and protest something? You get to pick the location you perform your work duties? Admonishment on a piece of paper!! how ruthless the military can be
Are you sure you've actually served? Actually been under the UCMJ?

Well, when I was in I attended two Vietnam protests, one at UT in Austin and one at Washington Mall in D.C, both in civilian clothes. The one in Austin myself and the others I went with were called in to the CID and so to speak counseled.

BUT, your rights were not surrendered.

You're right they were polite and nothing became of it. I wasn't in uniform and not really yelling, just walking down the main street of Austin with the others. In D.C. everyone was really just getting high. But Jefferson Airplane was good.

Kneeling is not a form of disrespect, and we have a First Amendment.

Only if it affects their performance.

LOLOL

No excuses accepted.

The right wing gets their information from wikileaks.

Forum List

Back