Your Middle School Years

I hit puberty early so all the boys were assholes to me in junior high. :)

I did find out a few years ago a couple guys thought this other girl and I had the best boobs in school. And to think I was so self concisious then

I saw your pic somewhere on here a while ago, you're cute!

Why self conscious? You couldn't press a pair of slacks and time a pie right?

I can time a pie juuuuuuuuust right.

Oh, not that kind of pie. Nevermind.

I hit puberty early so all the boys were assholes to me in junior high. :)

I did find out a few years ago a couple guys thought this other girl and I had the best boobs in school. And to think I was so self concisious then

I saw your pic somewhere on here a while ago, you're cute!

Why self conscious? You couldn't press a pair of slacks and time a pie right?

I can time a pie juuuuuuuuust right.

Oh, not that kind of pie. Nevermind.
:lol::lol::lol:

Actually Middle school years were miserable even in the school. My mom had a wicked temper she threaten the school over my older brother being sent home with homework...She told them don't ever send my children home with homework if they can't get the work done you have for them here at school your not doing your job. She told them we had work at home and the school was not going to take away the time she laid out for chores.

By the time I got into middle school I was already hated there because my brother was not an ideal student (having nothing to do with his IQ more like he started drinking heavily and hanging with glue sniffers and potheads) and the school did not want my mom there again.

First semester of the first year there I was a straight A student as I had been throughout school. Second semester that year there I started realizing more the politics and bullshit that comes with any given situation where you have people. That kinda topped it all off with what I went through at home every day school no longer held any viable interest to me. The next thing that happened I snapped, left home and school was pretty much over at that point.

It was a time when drugs were just beginning to come into full swing. At dances boys put drugs into some of the girls punch so if you did happen to go to a dance you needed to take soda pop with you. A couple girls went nuts after getting their punch doused with acid so I avoided school dances. Sixty miles away was the Watts riots had not been fully resolved blacks still had many issues they were fighting. My best friend was black. Some of the blacks there at school hated whites and would start fights or pick on white kids at lunch hour by walking through in a gang and kicking over lunches of people setting down to eat pinic style on the lawns. I recall standing up and telling these guys don't touch my lunch. These guys just laughed and told all the guys around where I was sitting what pussies they were when a little girl would stand up to them but they wouldn't. It did not make sense to me that 25 black students out of several hundred would be allowed to be such bullies. I do understand now the reason they had so much hate in them. The blacks lived in a very poor area to the north of town and the whites mostly in that school came from the country club closer to the foothills.

Wow, that sucks. The whole thing. I apologize my folks belonged to a CC, to all blacks and those whites that hadn't the chances. I'm so sorry.

My son entered middle school this year. He's handling it pretty well, I think. But then again, how would I know?

I can describe my years in middle school for most of the students around me as - Old enough to know better but not old enough to care.

To start off with you have picture a tall lanky kid with a face like a "pizza". Oh yes, the hormones had kicked in double time. I recall having a rather heavy crush on a supremely attractive young lady. Ah, Debbie Ferginson, tall, slender, blue eyes and moderately developed fun bags. I could tell that she felt some attraction by, that special look......:eusa_eh:

Now, me being a pizza face and given to bashful humility as a result, spent many a forlorn time pursuing and wimping out in an effort to ask her to a school dance. Now, this went on for weeks, pursue/wimp, pursue/wimp until finally with 2 days left I gathered what little courage was left and waited what seemed an eternity for her friends to dissipate....:eusa_pray:

Finally, she noticed my lingering presence a fair distance away and slowly started coming my way. At that point our eyes seemed drilled upon each others and I started stumbling in her direction, in complete terror mode. Naturally, as we got closer, my attention was fully occupied with the moment, I didn't notice a bench and took a nose dive ending up flat on my ass....:redface:

I looked up and there she was, laughing, and there I was embarrassment, complete. Well, I slowly got up, dusted off and her laughter had been reduced to a smile and twinkling eyes. She asked, would you like to go to the Saddie Hawkins dance with me? I said yes and she smiled and walked away. How was I suppose to know that the girls ask the guys to a Saddie Hawkins dance?...:eusa_doh:

Last edited:
To start off with you have picture a tall lanky kid with a face like a "pizza". Oh yes, the hormones had kicked in double time. I recall having a rather heavy crush on a supremely attractive young lady. Ah, Debbie Ferginson, tall, slender, blue eyes and moderately developed fun bags. I could tell that she felt some attraction by, that special look......:eusa_eh:

Now, me being a pizza face and given to bashful humility as a result, spent many a forlorn time pursuing and wimping out in an effort to ask her to a school dance. Now, this went on for weeks, pursue/wimp, pursue/wimp until finally with 2 days left I gathered what little courage was left and waited what seemed an eternity for her friends to dissipate....:eusa_pray:

Finally, she noticed my lingering presence a fair distance away and slowly started coming my way. At that point our eyes seemed drilled upon each others and I started stumbling in her direction, in complete terror mode. Naturally, as we got closer, my attention was fully occupied with the moment, I didn't notice a bench and took a nose dive ending up flat on my ass....:redface:

I looked up and there she was, laughing, and there I was embarrassment, complete. Well, I slowly got up, dusted off and her laughter had been reduced to a smile and twinkling eyes. She asked, would you like to go to the Saddie Hawkins dance with me? I said yes and she smiled and walked away. How was I suppose to know that the girls ask the guys to a Saddie Hawkins dance?...:eusa_doh:

:rofl:

That sounds about right for middle school!

Actually Middle school years were miserable even in the school. My mom had a wicked temper she threaten the school over my older brother being sent home with homework...She told them don't ever send my children home with homework if they can't get the work done you have for them here at school your not doing your job. She told them we had work at home and the school was not going to take away the time she laid out for chores.

By the time I got into middle school I was already hated there because my brother was not an ideal student (having nothing to do with his IQ more like he started drinking heavily and hanging with glue sniffers and potheads) and the school did not want my mom there again.

First semester of the first year there I was a straight A student as I had been throughout school. Second semester that year there I started realizing more the politics and bullshit that comes with any given situation where you have people. That kinda topped it all off with what I went through at home every day school no longer held any viable interest to me. The next thing that happened I snapped, left home and school was pretty much over at that point.

It was a time when drugs were just beginning to come into full swing. At dances boys put drugs into some of the girls punch so if you did happen to go to a dance you needed to take soda pop with you. A couple girls went nuts after getting their punch doused with acid so I avoided school dances. Sixty miles away was the Watts riots had not been fully resolved blacks still had many issues they were fighting. My best friend was black. Some of the blacks there at school hated whites and would start fights or pick on white kids at lunch hour by walking through in a gang and kicking over lunches of people setting down to eat pinic style on the lawns. I recall standing up and telling these guys don't touch my lunch. These guys just laughed and told all the guys around where I was sitting what pussies they were when a little girl would stand up to them but they wouldn't. It did not make sense to me that 25 black students out of several hundred would be allowed to be such bullies. I do understand now the reason they had so much hate in them. The blacks lived in a very poor area to the north of town and the whites mostly in that school came from the country club closer to the foothills.

Wow, that sucks. The whole thing. I apologize my folks belonged to a CC, to all blacks and those whites that hadn't the chances. I'm so sorry.
It's not that everyone needs to make an apologize for your parents being CC members as much as we need to remember why people and even children can get so angry and hateful. My children grew up for the most part in poverty. My daughter claims she hates beans as we ate a lot of them starting out. My parents came from totally different backgrounds. Mom's family was very poor. Dad's family was more middle class. Mom vowed she would never be poor again as she fears it.

You evidently grew up in more a can do family. People in the poorest areas and slums grow up in that mind set that they are in a situation that things possibly will never get any better. I believe it makes it more difficult for many of the poor to overcome.

My mother cut my hair herself and dressed me funny. Thankfully, she didn't name me Grace. I fell up the stairs and off the bus during the emergency drills, usually in a dress with an armload of books. At my first school dance, in HS, an older girl came up to me and told me I was ugly and my mother dressed me funny. I told her she had a flair for the obvious. Flew right over her head.

My mother cut my hair herself and dressed me funny. Thankfully, she didn't name me Grace. I fell up the stairs and off the bus during the emergency drills, usually in a dress with an armload of books. At my first school dance, in HS, an older girl came up to me and told me I was ugly and my mother dressed me funny. I told her she had a flair for the obvious. Flew right over her head.

Tina Fey, is that you? :cool:

It's not that everyone needs to make an apologize for your parents being CC members as much as we need to remember why people and even children can get so angry and hateful. My children grew up for the most part in poverty. My daughter claims she hates beans as we ate a lot of them starting out. My parents came from totally different backgrounds. Mom's family was very poor. Dad's family was more middle class. Mom vowed she would never be poor again as she fears it.

You evidently grew up in more a can do family. People in the poorest areas and slums grow up in that mind set that they are in a situation that things possibly will never get any better. I believe it makes it more difficult for many of the poor to overcome.

I'm sorry for my tone yesterday, that wasn't necessary. In another thread or maybe earlier in this one, I admit to missing most of high school, by choice. I had 'anger issues', indeed many teens do. Some at parents, some at authority in general, some at life-especially the kids that always seem 'together' in general.

It seems to me that it's the responsibility of significant adults in the child's life to help them realize that working to their full potential or at least using enough of it to successfully complete school is their road to getting out of bad areas, not eating beans all the time, and not hurting yourself to get back at 'life', as life just doesn't care.

Perhaps the greatest gifts we give our children and ourselves is to realize that it's the people in our lives and our own attitude that makes us what we are. Not others opinions of us.

Forum List

Back