YOur kind of Christian; Family Research Council

So...you post a vague question with no link and no information, and we're supposed to research it..I see.

• Banned
They're a hate group. I'm sure you'd like them.

They paid for the Tebow ad.

"The Family Research Council's Senior Researcher for Policy Studies Peter Sprigg was criticized by gay rights activists when he, in his official capacity as a fellow of the FRC, stated that gay behavior should be outlawed and that "criminal sanctions against homosexual behavior" should be enforced. More recently, Sprigg has publicly suggested that repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy would encourage molestation of heterosexual service members. When asked about Sprigg's comments regarding the criminalization of same-sex behavior, FRC President Tony Perkins said that criminalizing homosexuality is not a goal of the Family Research Council, but did not denounce Sprigg's statements. Perkins repeated the FRC’s association of gay men with pedophilia, saying that "If you look at the American College of Pediatricians, they say the research is overwhelming that homosexuality poses a danger to children." The opinions expressed by Perkins are contradicted by mainstream social science perspectives on same-sex parenting and the likelihood of child molestation by homosexuals, and some scientists whose work is cited by the American College of Pediatricians have accused the ACP of distorting and misrepresenting their work.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Research_Council

Perkins went to Uganda to preach hate and support the kill gays execution legislation.

Last edited:
Especially since I have no idea what it is.

This is the way Sky works. I guess she's not doing the OOOOhHHHhhHHmmmm thing today. Or she's off her meds.

• Banned
So...you post a vague question with no link and no information, and we're supposed to research it..I see.

She doesn't agree with the FRC's stance on homosexuality. Big surprise.

I don't agree with them supporting Martin Ssempa and the kill gays legislation in Uganda. Do you?

Tony Perkins, President of the Family Research Council mentored Martin Ssempa.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Peter Sprigg, FRC policy studies senior fellow, has previously suggested exporting American homosexuals.

Your kind of guy Allie, your kind of group. Kill or export queers.

SPLC lists FRC as a hate group. Since you hate SPLC, I'm sure you disagree.

Last edited:

I don't agree with them supporting Martin Ssempa and the kill gays legislation in Uganda. Do you?

Tony Perkins mentored Martin Ssempa?

Especially since I have no idea what it is.

This is the way Sky works. I guess she's not doing the OOOOhHHHhhHHmmmm thing today. Or she's off her meds.

They had the nerve to want to air the Tim Tebow Super Bowl ad CLICK

I'm not familiar with it either, but if the Tebows are involved with them, they get the benefit of the doubt.

He's a class act, and measures every action he takes very carefully. That is a testament to the quality and character of his parents.

"The Family Research Council's Senior Researcher for Policy Studies Peter Sprigg was criticized by gay rights activists when he, in his official capacity as a fellow of the FRC, stated that gay behavior should be outlawed and that "criminal sanctions against homosexual behavior" should be enforced. More recently, Sprigg has publicly suggested that repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy would encourage molestation of heterosexual service members. When asked about Sprigg's comments regarding the criminalization of same-sex behavior, FRC President Tony Perkins said that criminalizing homosexuality is not a goal of the Family Research Council, but did not denounce Sprigg's statements. Perkins repeated the FRC’s association of gay men with pedophilia, saying that "If you look at the American College of Pediatricians, they say the research is overwhelming that homosexuality poses a danger to children." The opinions expressed by Perkins are contradicted by mainstream social science perspectives on same-sex parenting and the likelihood of child molestation by homosexuals, and some scientists whose work is cited by the American College of Pediatricians have accused the ACP of distorting and misrepresenting their work.
Family Research Council - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perkins went to Uganda to preach hate and support the kill gays execution legislation.

They are a hate group, period. If they support killing of any group..they are not christian.

Tony Perkins mentored Martin Ssempa?

Sorry, got Perkins mixed up with Pastor Rick Warren who mentored Ssempa. They're damn near identical. Perkins group is listed as a hate group. Rick Warren mentored Ssempa. Draw your own conclusions.

Tony Perkins and the Family Research Council, who last year paid lobbyists $25,000 to convince members of Congress to block a planned resolution denouncing Uganda’s gay death penalty bill. And let’s not forget Pastor Rick Warren, who supported, funded, appeared with, and publicized the work of Uganda’s leading anti-gay activist, Pastor Martin Ssempa.
http://www.truthwinsout.org/blog/2011/01/14429/

Last edited:

Family Research Council - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are a hate group, period. If they support killing of any group..they are not christian.

They are Christian and they are a hate group.

I'm not familiar with it either, but if the Tebows are involved with them, they get the benefit of the doubt.

He's a class act, and measures every action he takes very carefully. That is a testament to the quality and character of his parents.

Wow. You don't care if a hate group ran the ad.

Last edited:
Scott Lively is a noted anti-gay activist and the president of Abiding Truth Ministries, a conservative Christian organization located in Temecula, California. Abiding Truth Ministries is classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. He is also directly linked to pending Anti-Gay Legislation in Uganda that would, if passed, make homosexuality punishable by a lengthy prison sentence or even death.

Lively and his colleagues visited Uganda and held workshops, They "discussed how to make gay people straight, how gay men often sodomized teenage boys and how 'the gay movement is an evil institution' whose goal is 'to defeat the marriage-based society and replace it with a culture of sexual promiscuity.'" Lively wrote days later bragging that "someone had likened their campaign to 'a nuclear bomb against the gay agenda in Uganda.'"

Along with Kevin E. Abrams, he co-authored the book The Pink Swastika, which states in the preface that "homosexuals [are] the true inventors of Nazism and the guiding force behind many Nazi atrocities." Several academic historians have questioned the book's claims and selective use of research.
Scott Lively - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is this YOUR kind of Christian?

These are some of the groups I have a tough time with, NOT Christians in general.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back