Your inner Sheldon Cooper.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
Everyone has a little Sheldon in them. One part of your life that for various reasons you are an absolute stickler about.

My Sheldon comes out when I'm getting a sub sandwich. Our local supermarket deli (Publix) has the best subs around. They are kept that way for me because of the way I insist that my subs are made. After the bread is sliced it has to be cheese first, then the meat, then the mayo. This exact lineup keeps the bread from soaking up juices from the meat or soaking up the mayo and getting soggy by the time I get home. I only want a little bit of lettuce because I also want green peppers, onions, pickles, black olives, and banana peppers and if they put too much lettuce and then all that, it sometimes tears the bottom of the bread that connects the two pieces and meat and juice leaks out and soaks the bread, plus when it's torn, it tends to want to lose it's ingredients. A publix sub is one of the best things around to eat and if you take the time to make it properly, it stays that way.

There are a few other times when I get OCD about things but the above is the time when I'm most Sheldon-like.

Anyone else?

iced water...i want cubed ice..filling the glass then add the water...no lemon....those lemons slices have been handled by everyone by the time it hits the water

I always put sugar in my cup before I pour my coffee and actually cringe in restaurants when my coffee comes pre poured.
This started out somewhat practical, I suppose. I was raised with there always being a sugar bowl with an ornate silver sugar spoon in it.
My mother was raised the same way, even with the same spoon.
Sugar was put in the cup first and when coffee was poured on top, you didn't need to stir it. The special sugar spoon NEVER, EVER got wet. It's probably been washed 30 or 40 times in the last 60 years.
Mom died Christmas Eve, 1973, and I ended up with the spoon. It is sitting in the sugar bowl, next to the coffee pot, still dry as a bone. It is one of my most prized possessions.

I always put sugar in my cup before I pour my coffee and actually cringe in restaurants when my coffee comes pre poured.
This started out somewhat practical, I suppose. I was raised with there always being a sugar bowl with an ornate silver sugar spoon in it.
Sugar was put in the cup first and when coffee was poured on top, you didn't need to stir it. The special sugar spoon NEVER, EVER got wet. It's probably been washed 30 or 40 times in the last 60 years.
Mom died Christmas Eve, 1973, and I ended up with the spoon. It is sitting in the sugar bowl, next to the coffee pot, still dry as a bone. It is one of my most prized possessions.

There ya go Sheldon!

There ya go Sheldon!

I actually had to google Sheldon. I'm not a Big Bang Theory fan.
I have no other strange OCD quirks that I'm aware of other than I find coffee cups that have been sitting long enough so that the cream leaves a ring around the inside of the cup, are disgusting. The wife is famous for leaving have empty coffee mugs around. When she does, I make a point of leaving the seat up.

There ya go Sheldon!

I actually had to google Sheldon. I'm not a Big Bang Theory fan.
I have no other strange OCD quirks that I'm aware of other than I find coffee cups that have been sitting long enough so that the cream leaves a ring around the inside of the cup, are disgusting. The wife is famous for leaving have empty coffee mugs around. When she does, I make a point of leaving the seat up.

I wasn't interested in the show at first, but a friend told me I should watch it and it was pretty funny.

As far as the coffee cups, buy wife keeps and uses about a dozen coffee cups. I have one. The result of this is that she has a lot of cups with the cream ring in them. Since i use the same cup over and over, mine never has the time to develop the ring.

I know Sheldon doesn't have cats, but you should see me wash my hands after I've cleaned my six cat boxes. You would think I had scooped the boxes out with my bare hands.

I wash and rinse three times, using a lot of soap and very hot water. I lather all the way up to my elbows, scrub, scrub, scrub all over, between the fingers, the tops of the hands, the palms, the arms, scrub, scrub, scrub like a surgeon. Then rinse while rubbing my hands together briskly to dislodge and wash away any bacteria. Then do it again twice more.

I also wash my hands very thoroughly after coming back from shopping, not three times, though..only two in this circumstance.

I never get sick. Seriously, all the colds and flu just pass me by. :)

Last edited:
I know Sheldon doesn't have cats, but you should see me wash my hands after I've cleaned my six cat boxes. You would think I had scooped the boxes out with my bare hands.

I wash and rinse three times, using a lot of soap and very hot water. I lather all the way up to my elbows, scrub, scrub, scrub all over, between the fingers, the tops of the hands, the palms, the arms, scrub, scrub, scrub like a surgeon. Then rinse while rubbing my hands together briskly to dislodge and wash away any bacteria. Then do it again twice more.

I also wash my hands very thoroughly after coming back from shopping, not three times, though..only two in this circumstance.

Handwashing is the most effective method of preventing sickness. Good job Sheldon. ;)

Handwashing is the most effective method of preventing sickness. Good job Sheldon. ;)

Some people say if you wash your hands all the time you won't develop a natural resistance to bacteria and viruses. But I disagree. In the rare cases that I do get sick (a cold every two-three years), the illness is mild and brief. That would indicate a good resistance, I would think. I also am not prone to infections when I get cuts, the occasional cat scratch, or whatever.

So I'll just keep on with the hand washing. : )

Everyone has a little Sheldon in them. One part of your life that for various reasons you are an absolute stickler about.

My Sheldon comes out when I'm getting a sub sandwich. Our local supermarket deli (Publix) has the best subs around. They are kept that way for me because of the way I insist that my subs are made. After the bread is sliced it has to be cheese first, then the meat, then the mayo. This exact lineup keeps the bread from soaking up juices from the meat or soaking up the mayo and getting soggy by the time I get home. I only want a little bit of lettuce because I also want green peppers, onions, pickles, black olives, and banana peppers and if they put too much lettuce and then all that, it sometimes tears the bottom of the bread that connects the two pieces and meat and juice leaks out and soaks the bread, plus when it's torn, it tends to want to lose it's ingredients. A publix sub is one of the best things around to eat and if you take the time to make it properly, it stays that way.

There are a few other times when I get OCD about things but the above is the time when I'm most Sheldon-like.

Anyone else?

It's CDO

Either say it in order, or don't say it at all.

Some people say if you wash your hands all the time you won't develop a natural resistance to bacteria and viruses. But I disagree. In the rare cases that I do get sick (a cold every two-three years), the illness is mild and brief. That would indicate a good resistance, I would think. I also am not prone to infections when I get cuts, the occasional cat scratch, or whatever.

So I'll just keep on with the hand washing. : )

Working in the medical profession for the past 30 years, I am well aware of the positives and negatives of handwashing. I could start a whole thread on what you mentioned about developing "natural resistance" but simply handwashing won't significantly affect that. The only hazard of handwashing is the occasional dry and cracked skin that can sometimes result and then a resistant infection taking hold. It's rare though.

Anyone else?

It's CDO

Either say it in order, or don't say it at all.

O have a t-shirt that says:

"I Have CDO."
"It's the same as OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order,"
"AS THEY SHOULD BE!"

Forum List

Back