Your Guns belong to us now

When you commit a crime and are convicted, and later find a way to purchase a handgun or assault rifle though a private party or gun show, you do NOT own that gun.

You ILLEGALLY POSSESS that gun. You gave up the right to own a gun when you committed the crime, beat your wife, were dishonorably discharged from the military, or stalked someone to the point that they took out a restraining order on you.

Through free choice, your actions voided your own rights.

That GUN belongs to the state. They can come and take it and destroy it.

If you're not a felon, mentally ill, dishonorable discharge, domestic abuser, restraining order, or a fugitive from justice, then this doesn't apply. Nor does most of what will be put into place in the months to come.

If you're a law-abiding citizen who follows the rules, you may have to fill out an extra form at a gun show, but that's about it. Your life won't change one bit.

If you're mentally ill, we know you didn't choose that situation, and it may seem unfair that the sheriff will be taking away your guns, but it's for your own safety and the safety of your community.

For someone who has never been to a gun show or bought a firearm from a gun show, you are very wrong.

58205_214921208632922_893082080_n_zpsf8b51bbe.jpg

When you commit a crime and are convicted, and later find a way to purchase a handgun or assault rifle though a private party or gun show, you do NOT own that gun.

You ILLEGALLY POSSESS that gun. You gave up the right to own a gun when you committed the crime, beat your wife, were dishonorably discharged from the military, or stalked someone to the point that they took out a restraining order on you.

If you're not a felon, mentally ill, dishonorable discharge, domestic abuser, restraining order, or a fugitive from justice, then this doesn't apply. Nor does most of what will be put into place in the months to come.

If you're a law-abiding citizen who follows the rules, you may have to fill out an extra form at a gun show, but that's about it. Your life won't change one bit.

If you're mentally ill, we know you didn't choose that situation, and it may seem unfair that the sheriff will be taking away your guns, but it's for your own safety and the safety of your community.

Maybe you should personally coe to get my guns. I'd love that.

But you can still vote for Obama without showing Photo ID

But you can still vote for Obama without showing Photo ID

i'm all for asking voters for ID before they vote. as long as we can also ask for proof of the voter not being racist or homophobic. you down?

I love how santicmonious demon craps pick and choose which laws to follow.

In a private sale between two state residents, who will conduct the background check? Who will be allowed access to the criminal records database? How will he gain access to the database? And who will be the authorized custodian of the 4473 or any other documents?

This is where a state carry license could come in handy, if you have a carry license with some type of state permit that requires a rigorous background check, with your picture on it and an expiration date, then I have no problem with a private sale.

However, for military style weapons, there should be strict transfer of ownership document, like a pink slip. Since only a minority of gun owners engage in the AR-15 fetish, the new policies on registering those weapons with the FBI will be the price they'll pay for their hobby.

Most hunters and homeowners will never have to deal with this paperwork more than once.

The NICS database is going to have to be redone. A person should be able to request something like a 30-day clearance that they can take to gun shows and private sales. A document with a photo matching their driver's license, with their current home address.

I want legal law-abiding gun owners to be able to purchase whatever they want with the minimum of hassle. Most gun owners that I've talked to don't mind background checks and actually understand that it makes their community safer.

If you can get pre-approved for a loan, why can't you get pre-approved for gun purchase?

Why do you leftists continue to promote the gun show MYTH?

I have been to MANY gun shows, and I have NEVER been able to purchase a firearm at a gun show WITHOUT completing a Form 4473. I repeat. NEVER.

ALL federal firearms license holders (gun shops, pawn shops, etc.) are required to have the buyers of firearms complete a Form 4473.

In some states, PRIVATE sales of firearms must be done through a federal firearms license holder, so the Form 4473 can be completed.

If you are interested in what the Form 4473 looks like, here is the link to the ATF website:

ATF Online - Applications - eForm 4473

Any other LIES you care to pass off as "facts"?

Forum List

Back