your government is not your friend

-=d=- said:
I will continue to do 'that'. If using somebody's words in a POSTIVE way, about related discussion points offends them, they are a retard. :)

Come On D, if you change a persons words then you are not using their words properly and cannot quote them directly. You should fix your quoted statement.

MtnBiker said:
Come On D, if you change a persons words then you are not using their words properly and cannot quote them directly. You should fix your quoted statement.

My 'changes' to the concept he stated are visible; it's pretty clear. So if I plagarize them, I get yelled at for not citing a source. But if I applaud them for a concept, then CLEARLY change a few nouns to apply that thought to a FURTHER concept, it's bad?

Seriously folks... :)

-=d=- said:
My 'changes' to the concept he stated are visible; it's pretty clear. So if I plagarize them, I get yelled at for not citing a source. But if I applaud them for a concept, then CLEARLY change a few nouns to apply that thought to a FURTHER concept, it's bad?

you don't get it do you?

freeandfun1 said:
you don't get it do you?

No. In fact I do not understand unreasonable people. I don't understand people who bitch simply because they can; not because what they are bitching about makes sense.

:)

-=d=- said:
No. In fact I do not understand unreasonable people. I don't understand people who bitch simply because they can; not because what they are bitching about makes sense.

:)

So you have a difficult time understanding yourself don't you?

-=d=- it is not right to misquote people. even if you are doing it only in an effort to get your point across. you would not tolerate it if somebody did that to you, so why should I tolerate it? I don't care what your intentions are, I only want my name being associated with MY actions/words and not those of ANYBODY else.

Capiche?

-=d=- said:

It is very simple D, if you quote someone do not change the words.

freeandfun1 said:
So you have a difficult time understanding yourself don't you?

-=d=- it is not right to misquote people. even if you are doing it only in an effort to get your point across. you would not tolerate it if somebody did that to you, so why should I tolerate it? I don't care what your intentions are, I only want my name being associated with MY actions/words and not those of ANYBODY else.

Capiche?

I disagree. I would tolerate somebody appreciating what I write, and using it to further a point, by changing the subject of the sentence - as long as their edits were clearly marked.

You need to understand, you are 'not' smarter than me. Your pet peve is my changing the subject of your comments; mine is being talked 'down' to.

;)

-=d=- said:
I disagree. I would tolerate somebody appreciating what I write, and using it to further a point, by changing the subject of the sentence - as long as their edits were clearly marked.

You need to understand, you are 'not' smarter than me. Your pet peve is my changing the subject of your comments; mine is being talked 'down' to.

;)

You have a serious ego problem don't you?

Nobody has inferred that they are smarter than anybody. I just clearly stated that I DO NOT APPRECIATE you creating false quotes from me. Fairly simple actually.

Nobody talked down to you (give an example). You told me not to fret in one post and then in another said that I could not participate in discussion. Not sure how you reconcile those two statements.

freeandfun1 said:
You have a serious ego problem don't you?

Nobody has inferred that they are smarter than anybody. I just clearly stated that I DO NOT APPRECIATE you creating false quotes from me. Fairly simple actually.

Nobody talked down to you (give an example). You told me not to fret in one post and then in another said that I could not participate in discussion. Not sure how you reconcile those two statements.

freeandfun1 said:
Get a life

freeandfun1 said:
Both of you are showing your ignorance.

freeandfun1 said:
Fucking take this shit down now!

freeandfun1 said:
you don't get it do you?

(shrug).

;)

Instead of maybe a PM? saying "hey man, I don't appreciate you using my words in a quote that isn't accurate, can you edit that?"

It was 'I'm important! how DARE you! blah blah'

-=d=- said:
(shrug).
Instead of maybe a PM? saying "hey man, I don't appreciate you using my words in a quote that isn't accurate, can you edit that?"

-=d=- again you are not honest with yourself. our first confrontation a few months ago was over the same issue. at that time I DID PM you and ask you not to do it. What did you do? You created a false quote again. So be honest and admit that you just enjoy the fight and you have no intention of being sincere.

Forum List

Back