Your Favorite

He is second from the left. and the clothes makes him look bigger here.
DSC01444-1.jpg

Well, he hates tuna he said and will not eat it. The recruiter told him to eat all fat foods and take in a lot of calories then he is, and sit down do nothing. LOL

No job openings now anyway for the next 8 months.

Time to get off this PC, cause I need to take him to see the doctor this morning. I have to go with him because I'm paying 100 percent of the bill. He has no insurance yet.

Last edited:
OH I found this picture of him last year. He is still this size. We were tubing in the River.

IMGP0035.jpg

Fast food?

Mine....is this:

300740-Taco-Salad.jpg

Bummer Terry...I seldom have them. But on the 2 or 3 or less times a year that I do, my preference is Burger King. I like the char-broiled flavor and fact.
I cannot do Burger King any more! Last time I went there, I ordered two of those mini burgers. I had only like 3 bites left, and I happened to look down and hanging off my burger was African HAIR. I opened the bun and tons inside too. Never will I eat at our Burger King here again.

Head or pubic?

On a more serious note. My 20 year old son is 5ft 4inches, he only weighs 98 lbs and wants to get up to 115 pounds at least. He has for months been using that stuff weight trainers use. You know that yucky stuff you mix. He eats constantly too. I buy him the big containers of peanuts so he can munch on those while at work.

He also has been doing push-ups and free weights but my gosh the boy cannot gain a pound. Any suggestions?

I increased his diet to include beans, whole grains about 5 months ago. NOTHING!

First off, it sounds like the boy has a high metabolism. He burns it off fast!.

What he has to do to gain weight is give up active sports for awhile. If he plays basketball or tennis or anything involving a lot of running he needs to stop. Working out with free weights is great. He can exert energy in that fashion.

That's the easy part. The tough part, especially for a kid his age, is to relax. Your mind has a lot to do with appetite. He needs to let stresses go. Noone can do that for him but himself. He can give up those expensive shakes, not that they are bad, they are just really expensive, and drink a milkshake with every lunch and dinner. After meals he can just relax for awhile when possible. I am betting that even with these practices he will have a tough time putting on weight fast but this will work. It worked for me. I am not sure but I believe I got this from an article by Arnold Schwarzenegger. The milkshake thing I got from a nurse or nutritionist. Them working him til 2am and having him come back at 7am is not something he has to tolerate and will hurt his goal imho.

I went from 135 to 180 where I tend to stay at today 15 years later.

Last edited:
On a more serious note. My 20 year old son is 5ft 4inches, he only weighs 98 lbs and wants to get up to 115 pounds at least. He has for months been using that stuff weight trainers use. You know that yucky stuff you mix. He eats constantly too. I buy him the big containers of peanuts so he can munch on those while at work.

He also has been doing push-ups and free weights but my gosh the boy cannot gain a pound. Any suggestions?

I increased his diet to include beans, whole grains about 5 months ago. NOTHING!

Add Bacon in everything. :eusa_drool:
Serious?

Have him eat a couple of bananas everyday. I knew a gal who could not gain weight for nothing, her Dr., told her to eat 2 or 3 bananas a day, and she gained weight, and lots of beef helps

What he has to do to gain weight is give up active sports for awhile. If he plays basketball or tennis or anything involving a lot of running he needs to stop. Working out with free weights is great. He can exert energy in that fashion.

That's the easy part. The tough part, especially for a kid his age, is to relax. Your mind has a lot to do with appetite. He needs to let stresses go. Noone can do that for him but himself. He can give up those expensive shakes, not that they are bad, they are just really expensive, and drink a milkshake with every lunch and dinner. After meals he can just relax for awhile when possible. I am betting that even with these practices he will have a tough time putting on weight fast but this will work. It worked for me. I am not sure but I believe I got this from an article by Arnold Schwarzenegger. The milkshake thing I got from a nurse or nutritionist. Them working him til 2am and having him come back at 7am is not something he has to tolerate and will hurt his goal imho.

Thanks for all your help. He will be 21 years old this July! He ate a big steak tonight for dinner and Pixie he eats banana's too. His doctor told him to do everything Gunny suggested and he is. I'm going to go get that protein mix again on top of his diet. Chicken, Beef, eggs, banana's, seafood (he hates fish but will eat shrimp and crab) The doctor told him to stay away from dairy products for a while but he likes yogurt and milk shakes but he said he will cut down on the milk.

He doesn't do any sports except lifting weights, and going to work. He works at a front desk for Wyndam Resorts.

Doctor gave him some steroids, I have no idea why...I guess she thinks he has this virus that is going around that is resistant to any antibiotic. Sore throat and a bad cough and headaches. She took blood so fingers crossed it isn't his thyroid. I thought about that being why he couldn't gain weight too but I doubt it.

Gunny,

Thank you so much, he didn't believe me, or when I showed him what you posted. That next morning when the doctor told him exactly what you wrote. He was like...oh wow...Mom...I just smiled at him. LOL

I would have to say Subway and Zips( local burger place), and they make the best tarter sauce.
When I am drunk it would probably be Taco Bell.

Thanks for all your help. He will be 21 years old this July! He ate a big steak tonight for dinner and Pixie he eats banana's too. His doctor told him to do everything Gunny suggested and he is. I'm going to go get that protein mix again on top of his diet. Chicken, Beef, eggs, banana's, seafood (he hates fish but will eat shrimp and crab) The doctor told him to stay away from dairy products for a while but he likes yogurt and milk shakes but he said he will cut down on the milk.

He doesn't do any sports except lifting weights, and going to work. He works at a front desk for Wyndam Resorts.

Doctor gave him some steroids, I have no idea why...I guess she thinks he has this virus that is going around that is resistant to any antibiotic. Sore throat and a bad cough and headaches. She took blood so fingers crossed it isn't his thyroid. I thought about that being why he couldn't gain weight too but I doubt it.

Gunny,

Thank you so much, he didn't believe me, or when I showed him what you posted. That next morning when the doctor told him exactly what you wrote. He was like...oh wow...Mom...I just smiled at him. LOL

My son is probably going to be like your son. He is two, so of course he eats all day but he is small for his age, pretty skinny but all muscle. He is going to be tough that is for sure, but not real big.

Gunny,

My son is probably going to be like your son. He is two, so of course he eats all day but he is small for his age, pretty skinny but all muscle. He is going to be tough that is for sure, but not real big.
Is your son below on the growth chart? The way the doctor explained to me with my son was this: When you are young, your body produces any where between 130 to 500's of growth hormone, when my son was tested (by taking blood every 15 minutes for 3 hours) his peak was only 4. Basically the doctor said he is growing at a very slow rate. He was in a size 6 slim jeans I remember for years! The doctor said he probably wouldn't go through puberty until he is 21. The shots have helped a great deal because when he was in the 11th grade he was only 4' 6" two years of shots he grew to 5' 1" and now at 5' 4".

All I can tell you is everyone loves this kid as he grew up. He could do no wrong in teachers eyes, girls loved him blah blah blah and my son is no dummy. He used it to his advantage all the time. I hope your son isn't as small as my son is because frankly it stinks.

I"m sure your son will be just fine, he is probably very active right now so he is burning off that fat.

Forum List

Back