Your Favorite Things About Israel

Your Favorite Things About Israel

Their longevity

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

Then as time passes God has second thoughts about His chosen----

Ezekiel

25 And you, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,
26 Thus says the Lord GOD; Remove the turban, and take off the crown: this shall not remain the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.
27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he comes whose right it is; and I will give it to him.
31 And I will pour out my indignation upon you, I will blow against you in the fire of my wrath, and deliver you into the hand of brutal men, skilful to destroy.
32 You shall be for fuel to the fire; your blood shall be in the midst of the land; you shall be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, "the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year."
Jewish population by country - Wikipedia

:)-

https://unitedwithisrael.org/watch-a-lively-musical-performance-for-sukkot/?utm_source=newsletters_unitedwithisrael_org&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Savage+Attack+on+LA+Jews%3A+2+Charged%3B+‘Openly+Jewish’+Students+Try+to+Hide+Identity%3B+CNN+Blames+Israeli+‘Assault’+on+Hamas+for+Lack+of+Peace&utm_campaign=20210922_m164842672_Savage+Attack+on+LA+Jews%3A+2+Charged%3B+‘Openly+Jewish’+Students+Try+to+Hide+Identity%3B+CNN+Blames+Israeli+‘Assault’+on+Hamas+for+Lack+of+Peace&utm_term=WATCH_3A+A+Lively+Musical+Performance+for+Sukkot

Nearly 50 years after the Yom Kippur War, the National Library of Israel has released a number of rare photos showing how the festival of Sukkot, or “Feast of Tabernacles,” was celebrated during the conflict, even as war raged in the Sinai and the Golan Heights.

Also known as the 1973 Arab-Israeli War, the Yom Kippur War took this name because it broke out on the Day of Atonement, the holiest day on the Jewish calendar. Because of its name, many forget that Sukkot, which begins just a few days after Yom Kippur, also fell during the height of the fighting.

A biblical injunction commands Jews to sit in a temporary dwelling called a sukkah during the festival. Due to the circumstances during the war, the chief military rabbi had declared soldiers exempt from fulfilling this commandment, yet many soldiers built improvised sukkahs on jeeps and other military vehicles anyway, some even in enemy territory.

The photos include a number taken by the photographer Nathan Fendrich, a then-39-year-old American tourist who had come to Israel to document historical and archaeological sites. Stuck in Israel at the outbreak of the war, he decided to travel between the various fronts, armed with his camera.

Fendrich recently donated his collection, including hundreds of previously unpublished photographs, to the National Library of Israel in Jerusalem.

(full article online)

The pain of exile is compared to the raging waters of the Flood. Like the Flood, only G‑d can end the exile. But, like Noah, we can hasten the redemption by actively yearning for it and doing all in our power to hasten its arrival.

Forum List

Back