Your Favorite Things About Israel

He brought us to this place and gave us this land, a land flowing with milk and honey
Deuteronomy 26:9 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

vai-vi-AY-nu el ha-ma-KOM ha-ZEH va-yi-ten LA-nu et ha-A-retz ha-ZOT E-retz za-VAT kha-LAV ud-VASH

Delicacies of the Land
In the Bible, the Land of Israel is described as a land flowing with milk and honey. In a literal sense, this refers to goat's milk and date honey. On a metaphorical level, milk is a nutritional necessity, whereas honey is a savory delicacy. Hashem (God) promises that the Land of Israel will not only sustain His nation with the basic essentials for survival, but He will bless the Land with sweetness and prosperity.

You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, how I bore you on
eagles’ wings and brought you to Me

Exodus 19:4 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

a-TEM r’-ee-TEM a-SHER a-SEE-tee l’-mitz-RA-yim va-e-SA et-KHEM al kan-FAY
n’-sha-REEM va-a-VEE et-KHEM ay-LAI

Modern Fulfillment of Biblical Prophecy
“Operation Magic Carpet”, also called “Operation On Wings of Eagles” based on this verse, secretly airlifted almost fifty thousand Yemenite Jews to Israel between June 1949 and September 1950. Many of the Yemenite Jews had never seen an airplane before, and they likened the ride from Yemen to Israel as a fulfillment of this verse, “I bore you on eagles’ wings.” This Operation was just one example of the fulfillment of the State of Israel’s responsibility toward all Jews worldwide, summarized by Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin in a speech he delivered to the Zionist Congress in 1992: “Our responsibility also extends to all Jews throughout the world… World Jewry should know that we are responsible for them and will do all we can to assist them when they are in need.”

Kept this guy alive.

cc_AP_329241130114_copy.jpg

Thus said King Cyrus of Persia: God of Heaven has given me all the kingdoms of the earth, and has charged me with building Him a House in Yerushalayim, which is in Yehuda. Any one of you of all His people, Hashem his God be with him and let him go up
II Chronicles 36:23 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

koh a-MAR KO-resh ME-lekh pa-RAS kol mam-l’-KHOT ha-A-retz NA-tan LEE a-do-NAI e-lo-HAY ha-sha-MA-yim v’-HU fa-KAD a-LAI liv-NOT LO VA-yit bee-ru-sha-LA-im a-SHER bee-hu-DAH mee va-KHEM mi-kol a-MO a-do-NAI e-lo-HAV i-MO v’-YA-al

The Miracle of the Ingathering of the Exiles
The last verse in the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) calls upon the Jewish people to ascend to Eretz Yisrael (the Land of Israel). After decades of Babylonian rule, Cyrus grants permission for the exiled Jews to return to their land and rebuild the Beit Hamikdash (Holy Temple) in Yerushalayim (Jerusalem). This was a fulfillment of the prophecy of Yirmiyahu(Jeremiah), that after seventy years Hashem (God) would return the Jewish people home (Jeremiah 29:10). Just as He fulfilled His word to return the People of Israel to the Land of Israel after the first exile, today as well God has begun to fulfill His promise to gather the exiles from the four corners of the earth and to bring the ultimate redemption (Deuteronomy 30:3-5). Since the establishment of the State of Israel, millions of Jews have returned home from over one hundred different countries. How fortunate are we to witness the beginning stages of the tremendous miracle of the ingathering of the exiles. May we soon merit the final fulfillment of the complete redemption of Israel and the entire world.

A lover of money never has his fill of money, nor a lover of wealth his fill of income. That too is futile
Ecclesiastes 5:9 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

o-HAYV KE-sef lo yis-BA KE-sef u-MEE o-HAYV be-ha-MON LO t’-vu-AH gam ZEH HA-vel

Proper Values
The word hevel (הבל), ‘futile,’ appears many times throughout Ecclesiastes as a description of the pursuit of various physical pleasures. Although the word is translated as ‘futile,’ it literally means ‘vapor’. Vapor has the power to distort what a person sees. For example, the hot air rising from desert sands creates the mirage of an oasis. In this verse, the author observes that amassing wealth is “hevel.” More than just futile, the pursuit of wealth is similar to vapor, since it has the power to distort a person’s reality and values. King Solomon warns not to pursue wealth, because one who does so will never be satisfied.

Ka Echsof - written by Rabbi Aharon of Karlin
I'll so desire for the pleasure of Shabat
That accomodates and unifies in Your virtue
Prolong the pleasuere of Your owe to the nation asking for Your will
Sanctify them in the sanctity of the Shabat
Accomodating and unifying in Your Torah
Open for them the pleasere and desire to open the gates of Your will

I'll so desire for the pleasure of Shabat
That accommodates and unifies in Your virtue

The One who Was and Is, secure those who keep and expect Your sacred Shabat
Like a deer longign for waterfalls
So will their soul yearn to receive the pleasure,