Your Favorite Sci Fi / Space Movie

What's Your Favorite Sci Fi / Space Movie?

• Alien

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Interstellar

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Gravity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Empire Strike Back

• The Martian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independence Day

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The 5th Element

• Something Else

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters
SPACEBALLS

spaceballs.png

I almost forgot to mention "Forbidden Planet" which had the best 1950s special effects ever put on film. Even by today's standards they don't look half bad.

Something else.

Dune was by far the best sci-fi space movie of all time. The problem with it was that it attempted to portray a hundred pound novel in a couple of hours, and if you hadn't read the novel a lot of the story went over your head, which is why it was a bust at the box office. The story, the acting, the special effects (for the time when it was produced) were all first rate. Nothing else really comes close.

Something else.

Dune was by far the best sci-fi space movie of all time. The problem with it was that it attempted to portray a hundred pound novel in a couple of hours, and if you hadn't read the novel a lot of the story went over your head, which is why it was a bust at the box office. The story, the acting, the special effects (for the time when it was produced) were all first rate. Nothing else really comes close.
Agree. I read 5 or 6 of the books and it was indeed epic. I can't help but draw a parallel between the conditions at the time in the "known universe" and the coming of Christ. Even the similar "Sardaukar Terror Troops" to the "Sardinian swordsmen".

I almost forgot to mention "Forbidden Planet" which had the best 1950s special effects ever put on film. Even by today's standards they don't look half bad.

Yeah, I remember that. The old captain of the spaceship they were traveling on smoked a pipe like there was no tomorrow. The Liutenant (played by the late Leslie Nielsen) puffed away on cigarettes.

'The Day the Earth Stood Still' - 1951 Michael Rennie and Patricia Neal

thumb-1920-626389.jpg

Close second

'Forbidden Planet' - 1956 Leslie Nielsen and Anne Francis

010-forbidden-planet-theredlist.jpg

Forum List

Back