Your favorite MMA fighters now and in the past.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
For now I gotta go with Conor Mcgregor and Sage Northcutt.
Back in the day I loved watching Tank Abbott for his no holds barred style.
As the sport progressed Hoyce Gracie became a favorite,then came the likes of Chuck Liddell,Randy Couture,and a host of other fighters who were far more well versed in mixed martial arts.
These guys know how to strike,grapple and have a ground game.
Can't wait to see Sage fight again and the UFC is Fuken crazy to let this guy walk!!

I think the best mma fighter of all time is bones

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
As the sport progressed Hoyce Gracie became a favorite,then came the likes of Chuck Liddell,Randy Couture,and a host of other fighters who were far more well versed in mixed martial arts.
Can't wait to see Sage fight again and the UFC is Fuken crazy to let this guy walk!!

Tank always bothered me. Seemed any decent fighter he'd draw would just manhandle him. His best one was probably lasting against Oleg taktarov (my favorite of the old crew). But Oleg owned the entire match.

But it is crazy how it's evolved

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

Tank always bothered me. Seemed any decent fighter he'd draw would just manhandle him. His best one was probably lasting against Oleg taktarov (my favorite of the old crew). But Oleg owned the entire match.

Tank was unbeatable in his early days,only because it was more of a tough man competition in the early days of MMA than what it is today which is a bunch of highly skilled mixed martial arts fighters.

Tank was unbeatable in his early days,only because it was more of a tough man competition in the early days of MMA than what it is today which is a bunch of highly skilled mixed martial arts fighters.

Not really unbeatable. Lost to Oleg, Belfort, Frye, Severn, Rizzo, Smith, later Kimo and Mir. Every shot at a decent fighter he came out with an L.

He was entertaining in the pre fight stuff and kinda like Kimbo could be entertaining vs a guy. But just wasn't as impressed with him as an actual fighter.

But I'll be honest. Tough as Oleg was, he wouldn't be able to go today. So no prob with you liking him, he was entertaining

And I have to say that Forrest Griffin was one of my favorites. And some great moments but not the best fighter ever.

But he was one of the most entertaining. I remember his line when he was on the UFC TV show talking about how he was passing on the police academy and a white picket fence. And instead he was living on his friend's couch fighting for a living and had no insurance. Lol

I do kind of miss the stories of those early days. Tank bragging that he could bench 1000 pounds or whatever. Oleg talking about running 10 km with a burst appendix when he was in the Russian military.

ESPN had a 30 for 30 on UFC 1 that was a blast. Was driving across the country and threw it on. All about how they made the rules up on the fly, the fighters talking about it and how they partied after. Well worth it

The pan of MMA is just about out of flash. It was an interesting curiosity at first. For a while it seemed poised to develop into a legitimate mainstream sport, but now it seems it has hit a plateau and will never be more than a niche interest if it survives the next 20 years at all. Good idea and a good try though.

Thats in the later days of MMA. When it was mostly streetfighters he ruled the day

Not really unbeatable. Lost to Oleg, Belfort, Frye, Severn, Rizzo, Smith, later Kimo and Mir. Every shot at a decent fighter he came out with an L.

He was entertaining in the pre fight stuff and kinda like Kimbo could be entertaining vs a guy. But just wasn't as impressed with him as an actual fighter.

But I'll be honest. Tough as Oleg was, he wouldn't be able to go today. So no prob with you liking him, he was entertaining

My point being is those guys actually had skills.
Tank was a barroom brawler with no formal training and the rules were nonexistent in those days.

Personally I'll never pay for a boxing match again.
MMA is far better!

Bj penn
Georges st pierre
Anderson silvas style was my favorite. Some of the shots he landed defied biology. It was like he was 600 more joints than the average human.

One of my favorites is Clay Guida. He's not the most talented fighter, but his stamina and work ethic in the ring are great. Win or lose, his fights are usually entertaining.

I liked Benson Henderson a lot, mostly because of the first fight I saw him in, against Cowboy Cerrone. There were at least 3 occasions during that fight where I was sure Henderson would have to tap, but he didn't. He showed himself to be extremely tough and flexible (and able to continue getting oxygen to his brain through a tight choke) in that fight. Unfortunately, Henderson was in a number of pretty boring fights; he didn't have an exciting style.

I never liked Anderson Silva. Too much a showboat. I can't deny how great he was, though.

I liked Brock Lesnar when he was in the UFC. He was never a skilled fighter overall, but holy crap, that man was big with very little body fat.

Forum List

Back