Your Favorite Guitar Solos

Anyone ever hear of this guy? Yngwie Malmsteen

Far Beyond The Sun

Another poster posted some music from him recently. He is really impressive. Not really my type of "music" though. :D

Nor mine, actually, but he is a damned fine guitar player.

He is very good, but his music reminds me a lot of 80s glam band music, although he is MUCH more talented than most of them. It just has "80s" feel to it. I could listen to it if I was in the mood to hear that type of music though.

I've only heard 3 or 4 pieces so far. He is definitely worth a bit more study.
I see what you mean. He does sound frenetic and chaotic at times, but he's so damned good, after 10 minutes, it seems more like Segovia or classical guitar. I did get past the chaos and well into amazement.

as a teenager he was into classical music....he dug Paganni the Violinist....he kinda played chaotic too... ....he is considered neo-classical playing Heavy Metal.....his biggest influence was Richie Blackmore of Deep Purple....:D

Far Beyond The Sun

Another poster posted some music from him recently. He is really impressive. Not really my type of "music" though. :D

He is very good, but his music reminds me a lot of 80s glam band music, although he is MUCH more talented than most of them. It just has "80s" feel to it. I could listen to it if I was in the mood to hear that type of music though.

I see what you mean. He does sound frenetic and chaotic at times, but he's so damned good, after 10 minutes, it seems more like Segovia or classical guitar. I did get past the chaos and well into amazement.

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten more exposure here in the States. Apparently he was in this band below for a while. It's probably the type of music that he plays why he isn't more well known. It's described as "neoclassical heavy metal." It's interesting but not all that popular apparently. The song below is pretty choppy and lacks any consistent melody IMO. It seems like a bunch of stuff just mish-mashed together.

he is fairly well know here in the hard rock world.....and most rock Guitar players know who he is....

this poor kid was just about ready to make it big when he contracted Lou Gehrig's Disease at around 22-23.....these videos should be from around 1988-90....

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten more exposure here in the States. Apparently he was in this band below for a while. It's probably the type of music that he plays why he isn't more well known. It's described as "neoclassical heavy metal." It's interesting but not all that popular apparently. The song below is pretty choppy and lacks any consistent melody IMO. It seems like a bunch of stuff just mish-mashed together.

he is fairly well know here in the hard rock world.....and most rock Guitar players know who he is....

I'd never heard of him before just recently. Though I enjoy SOME metal, I'm not that much into it, so that might be why I've never heard of him. His music definitely has a heavy metal sound to it. He's very talented musician.

Far Beyond The Sun

Oops. I actually didn't mean to post this particular video. It was supposed to be a song video. Oh well, now I can't remember which one I was going to post here.

Far Beyond The Sun

thats because that song was from 1984....:)

Oh, well that makes sense. :lol:

Forum List

Back