Your favorite day of the week

Your favorite day of the week
I like them roughly equally, though perhaps I like Sunday best because Sunday mornings are great for running errands before the "Bible thumpers" get out and about after services/mass.

Other than that, all days of the week are, as they were before I became mostly retired, pretty much the same.
  • Having for the overwhelming majority of my professional life been a business owner, I have always chosen how to balance the competing demands on my time, thus:
    • I worked to greater and lesser extents everyday.
      • The only difference between work and play is that people will play one to work. I have spent my career doing the work I do because I absolutely love doing it. Much of the activity I perform at work is the same activity I'd perform even if I weren't being paid to do it; I'd just do less of it were I not paid to do it. The reason I'd do less of it is that I'd be spending more of my time toiling at something that generates two things: income and a large measure of misery.
    • I "play" to greater and lesser extents everyday.
Since everyday entails my doing what I want to do, I don't much have a favorite day of the week. The closest I come to having such a thing is having preferred days for doing very specific things. For example:
  • Weekday late mornings are good for going to the filling station.
  • I prefer to take non-work related commercial airline flights on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
  • I prefer to check out hot new restaurants on Mondays through Thursdays.
  • Mondays through Thursdays are the days I do whatever shopping I have to do.
  • I prefer to go to the city club during the week (M-F) but I prefer the country club on the weekends.
  • I prefer the theater on weeknights over weekend evenings.
  • If I'm going to garden, I tend to do it on Thursdays.
  • I host small dinner parties and get togethers M-Th, but I prefer Friday nights for larger gatherings.
  • When my kids were in K-12, I preferred to schedules visiting them on Mondays and Fridays. (Plenty of times, it just didn't work out that way, most often because their sporting events happened mid-week. When I absolutely could not flex my schedule to watch them compete, I'd make sure that somebody "from home" did show up to cheer for and support them -- Momma or Dad, an aunt or uncle, or even, on occasion, my housekeeper.)

Forum List

Back