Your Favorite current cold cereal

I asked current, cause every 4-6 months I switch cereals.
Currently, it's 'Life' cereal, not the cinnamon flavored 'Life', but plain, old regular 'Life'.
I'm getting ready to switch again in a month, and need ideas.
Total honey almond flax (flax clusters and almonds) General Mills. I can stand Cereal (even the best ones get old) for about 6 months and I switch to two grapefruit halves with a dash of salt. That'll last about six months and I go back to cold cereal.

I've seen them.
But shied away cause I don't know what flax is.
Always thought, flax was a candle ingredient, not made for eating.
I remember flax from the "flax seed poultices" my mom would wrap my occasional infected contusion with. A poultice is an old Indian method of drawing "poison" from a wound. Flax is a natural source of Omega-3 ALA

Last edited:
Toss up between original special K and honey-nut cheerrios.

(a secret pleasure is captain crunch!)

I'm not an organic ass or anything but Cascadian Farm Cinnamon Crunch rocks. It's what Cinnamon Toast Crunch was before they screwed it up in recent years...

I eat whatever the wife/daughter buy at the store. Right now in the pantry are Rice Chex and some kind of Total cereal - it has extra shnibbles or something. Hell I just ate it and I can't say what's in it.

I think there's some old Chocolate Cheerios in there too.

Graham Crackers and milk is a favorite.

Z-Boing, years ago was addicted to Quaker Oat Squares.
May go back to 'em.

When I walk into the cereal isle to find another type cereal, the selection is so vast, that I draw a blank as to what I used to like, or should try.

Kashi has some good cereal but don't get the one that says 'twigs' in its description. It tastes like twigs. Blech.

I don't like any cereal that gets soggy after a few spoonfuls.

Chex cereals are good . . . corn, rice, wheat.

I eat oatmeal every day, switch off on the fresh fruit.

However there are those times that cold cereal is the necessity of life. I like some of the Kashi too, but my long craved non-soggy cereal is Grape Nuts with my own raisins. I pour milk and wait for a minute or two before digging in, they are 'that' crunchy.

I haven't eaten cereal in years. It's just not that good for you neither is milk.

Cow's milk is only good for one thing. Making baby cows fat.

Like you, mine changes over time.

Raisin Bran seems to be the favorite go to cereal more often than others.

FWIW, I use Sugar Smacks like some week-end chippers use heroin.

I know its addictive and not good for me, but every once in a while I buy and eat a whole box in a few sittings.

Then I have to detox off them (usually by eating sugar coated shedded wheat) to help me kick my Sugar Smacks habit.

But I'm not addicted, see?

I can quit anytime I want.

But in a perfect world where all foods are equal, I'd go with Kelloggs Frosted Flakes with full-fat whole milk.

When I was a kid we weren't allowed sugar cereals, nor were we allowed to put sugar on our cereal. For some unknown reason, Mom made an exception for Trix. Do they even make Trix anymore? I didn't care much for Trix. I loved Cap'n Crunch, but my Mom wouldn't buy it.

cold cereal is too expensive.
I eat oatmeal or potatoes for breakfast, when i eat breakfast

It is expensive, I agree.

When you consider the nutrition you get from it versus the cost, it is too damned expensive.

Buy off brands and it becomes somewhat more reasonable since you're not paying so much for the advertising to make it a BRAND.

I'm also informed that the packaging costs the suppliers more than the contents.

What's the WORST cereal in ya'll's opinion?

The very worst cereal I ever tasted was Trix, about fifty years ago.

Lucky Charms is, I suspect even worse.

How is cold cereal expensive? I don't have kids or anything but I'd estimate it costs less than a $1 for an entire breakfast for me eating cold cereal. An apple and glass of orange juice costs more...

Forum List

Back