Your favorite "bubblegum" songs

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
This is just a thread for sharing the whimsical side of your personality, so just share with us your favorite "bubblegum" songs, ideally a Youtube version so others can easily listen to a bit of it. And you don't have to have just one favorite. Post others as they come to mind.

What's a bubblegum song?
Songs that meet the American Bandstand standard. You remember American Bandstand's rate a record, right? Most of the kids rated records highly because "it had a good beat and was easy to dance to." Not a lot of substance, but they liked it for what it was, fun.

"Bubblegum" songs are just fun and they aren't trying to be more than that.

for all of you that dont know how to use google.....

Bubblegum pop (also known as bubblegum music or simply bubblegum) is a genre of pop music with an upbeat sound contrived and marketed to appeal to pre-teens and teenagers, which may be produced in an assembly-line process, driven by producers and often using unknown singers. Bubblegum's classic period ran from 1967 to 1972. A second wave of bubblegum began two years later and ran until 1977 when disco took over and punk rock emerged.

for all of you that dont know how to use google.....

Bubblegum pop (also known as bubblegum music or simply bubblegum) is a genre of pop music with an upbeat sound contrived and marketed to appeal to pre-teens and teenagers, which may be produced in an assembly-line process, driven by producers and often using unknown singers. Bubblegum's classic period ran from 1967 to 1972. A second wave of bubblegum began two years later and ran until 1977 when disco took over and punk rock emerged.
TY for sharing that. The critical party of it that I was going for is this:
an upbeat sound contrived and marketed to appeal to pre-teens and teenagers
I just call it "fluffy" music...relative simplistic melodies/harmonies, not "dark" in theme or tone, and often having simplistic lyrics. The Olympics reminded me that much of K-pop, C-pop and J-pop fits the definition of "bubblegum," as far as I'm concerned...most especially if I don't know what the words are.

Forum List

Back