19. Amen
20. New York Undercover
21. Fame
22. Roc
23. The Flip Wilson Show
24. The Jamie Foxx Show
25. Diff'rent Strokes
25. Family Matters

Strictly Old School: Gregory Lewis on black culture and politics | Sun-Sentinel Blogs | Ebony's Top 25 black television shows

I like that one that............I forgot it's name, but it reinforced all the black stereotypes that a white person would be scolded for mentioning, and it talked about or hinted to the differences in black and white people, and showed rude, bold black women, and cool, funny black men, and all the white token characters were goofy and dumb...........................you know, that show, can't remember which one it was.

very clever

Your Favorite Black TV Show

What exactly is a "black tv show"?

Would I (a white honkey crackah) get away with calling something a "white tv show"?

Doubtful indeed.... :doubt:

This seperatism has got to stop.

I think a show qualifies as a black tv show if most of the characters are black, I would think How I Met your Mother or the new Beverly Hills 90210 qualify as white tv shows, even though there is 1 black character in Beverly Hills and an Iranian.

Your Favorite Black TV Show

What exactly is a "black tv show"?

Would I (a white honkey crackah) get away with calling something a "white tv show"?

Doubtful indeed.... :doubt:

This seperatism has got to stop.

I think a show qualifies as a black tv show if most of the characters are black, I would think How I Met your Mother or the new Beverly Hills 90210 qualify as white tv shows, even though there is 1 black character in Beverly Hills and an Iranian.

I know... Im merely pointing out a lil hypocracy IMO.

I dont like the seperatist ideas it perpetuates.

We are all Americans until it comes to out little cliques.... then we are all blacks, whites, hispanics, transgendered, or whatever focus group we choose.

Then we are preached at, that we are all "equal"..... yeah right.

You got a problem celebrating our diversity?

No doubt, Good Times.

A Black Husband and wife working their butts off to feed the family, an artistic young black man who choses art over crime, an angry young black man who's dealing with issues concerning racism and a young black woman dealing with men trying to pressure her into sex too early.

As a whole, the plot has this family dealing with the daily realities of their crime ridden neighborhood, while at the same time, having them deal with each other. Very realistic portrayal of black inner city life.

The humor gave the show the ability to expose the real side of a black inner city family without scaring the white viewers. You know, the side that suggests that inner city blacks are real people with real problems.

Food for thought.

Last edited:
NBA Playoffs.

Good point. I'm not a basketball fan myself. To give you an idea of how long it's been since I watched a basketball game on TV, the last game I watched (a playoff game between the Celtics and the Pistons in '78, at one point in the game, there were 10 white boys on the court.

Forum List

Back