Your favorite also rans?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Who has run for president who you wish had done better? Current candidates or past. Whether you liked them a lot and wanted them to win or were just intrigued by them and would have liked them to stay in at least a little longer.

I'm obviously in the very tiny minority but I was actually excited about Huntsman possibly running when I first heard about it. I still like him. Too bad so sad for me ! :)

Who has run for president who you wish had done better? Current candidates or past. Whether you liked them a lot and wanted them to win or were just intrigued by them and would have liked them to stay in at least a little longer.

I'm obviously in the very tiny minority but I was actually excited about Huntsman possibly running when I first heard about it. I still like him. Too bad so sad for me ! :)

Of the whole field of Republican Candidates, he certainly has the most balls. He is not afraid to state his opinions and the reason for them. He does not pander to the wingnuts. And he has a good record as governor of Utah.

At this moment in history, I'm wondering what things would look like today if Hillary had done a bit better.

Gary Johnson.

Ron Paul sort of stole his thunder. He's the only libertarian who's demonstrated a real ability to operate in the executive role. I hope he does better in the future. I'll probably be voting for him in the general election, as he is running for the Libertarian Party nomination.

At this moment in history, I'm wondering what things would look like today if Hillary had done a bit better.

Hillary would have implemented a national healthcare system. She also wrote her college thesis on Saul Alinsky...( Rules for Radicals ) :eek:

Hillary would have implemented a national healthcare system. She also wrote her college thesis on Saul Alinsky...( Rules for Radicals ) :eek:

Yeah, I didn't really favor her, I just wonder what the political landscape would look like today had the democrat with the bigger balls won in 2008.

I still think she was the favorite of 'the establishment' - but that's what a 'what if' thread is all about, eh?

Yeah, I didn't really favor her, I just wonder what the political landscape would look like today had the democrat with the bigger balls won in 2008.

I still think she was the favorite of 'the establishment' - but that's what a 'what if' thread is all about, eh?

The political landscape today, would have looked much better, in my opinion. She would be similar to Bill, in `95 and work :WITH :, ( Gingrich )instead of governing by mandate, which Obama DID say he would do if he didn't get the votes for his socialized medical program. He would decree it. Ram it through.

Good ole` Ben Nelson, and that Cornhusker Kickback for his state, was the vote that put the healthcare debacle in place. Hmm....Ben retiiring though....now...:badgrin: He knows he hasn't a chance with the voters....they hate him.

Adlai Stevenson.

He said, "If the Republicans will stop lying about the Democrats, the Democrats will stop telling the truth about the Republicans."

Bless him.

Michelle Bachman.

She makes me laugh every time I see her speak.

I can't stand to hear her speak. There is something very monotonous about her voice. And Santorum makes me anxious, to hear him speak. He sounds almost hostile, though I think he isn't. Those ARE two good and capable conservatives with solid records, however.

I have a thing with voices. Some just repel me, even if I really like their missive. Laura Ingraham comes to mind. Hannity's can get on my nerves after about 20 minutes. Oh! And that tart, Margaret Hoover. :lol: Mute.

Bill Bradley..... I had this fantasy that he would choose Kurt Rambis for his running mate.

I'd go with Hubert Humphrey. He was a brilliant Senator who understood the workings of Washington. His problem was he was kind of frumpy looking and didn't create passion

Would have made a better President than Nixon or LBJ

Michelle Bachman.

She makes me laugh every time I see her speak.

I can't stand to hear her speak. There is something very monotonous about her voice. And Santorum makes me anxious, to hear him speak. He sounds almost hostile, though I think he isn't. Those ARE two good and capable conservatives with solid records, however.

I have a thing with voices. Some just repel me, even if I really like their missive. Laura Ingraham comes to mind. Hannity's can get on my nerves after about 20 minutes. Oh! And that tart, Margaret Hoover. :lol: Mute.

Do you really think so? You don't find them to be just a little bit crazy?

Of the people who haven't been mentioned yet, I think RFK would be the most promising.

As far as interesting (not necessarily good)
- The other Kennedys (a second JFK term, Teddy, Joe JR)
- George Romney
- Nelson Rockefeller
- Al Smith
- Barry Goldwater

Forum List

Back