Your Favorite 4X4 Pic...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
I got a couple pics I'm going to post later, but I wanted to mention, I've always been partial to Chevy's. I've had a bunch of them, and a 3/4 ton is all the better. But I have to give credit where credit is due. If I was to buy a brand new 4X4 right now, I'd be hard pressed to find a better truck for a better price than this one. The 2005 Nissan Titan. It's won more best in class awards than all the others put together, including it's 305 h.p. engine. I've bought American trucks for years, but Nissan has proved to the American truck makers that a good thing doesn't neccessarily last forever.

http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/MediaGallery/0,,37517,00.html

4titan_gal_lrg08.jpg

The best four-by I've ever seen was a 1970 Bronco with a built 302 that was locked up on both ends. He had 38" super swampers on that bad boy, and he literally went through a mud bog that I was unable to navigate on my 4x4 Honda ATV.

The Hummer that was in the group was unable to get within a half mile of the really nasty mud that I'm talking about.

My hat's off to any rig that can out mud-bog my 4 wheeler.

NightTrain said:
The best four-by I've ever seen was a 1970 Bronco with a built 302 that was locked up on both ends. He had 38" super swampers on that bad boy, and he literally went through a mud bog that I was unable to navigate on my 4x4 Honda ATV.

The Hummer that was in the group was unable to get within a half mile of the really nasty mud that I'm talking about.

My hat's off to any rig that can out mud-bog my 4 wheeler.

You got a pic of that old Bronco NT? I think those old Bronc's are cool. But above, you know, I was talking about a bone stock new truck.

I'll keep looking, PR... I can't seem to find that CD.

As far as bone stock rigs, this was one of the best 4x4 trucks I've ever had. Sadly, my brother lost control in it and we left the highway sideways at 70 MPH a couple of years ago.. there wasn't a straight piece on it when we finally came to a stop.

This Dakota had the 3.9 liter in it, which is basically a 318 block with the last 2 cylinders chopped off. Very solid V6. It outperformed stock Toyotas and Rangers in the mud.

10049_Dakota.jpg

Old skewl favourite:
IH Scout II (this one happens to be a '72.)

DSCF0012.JPG

New Skewl Favourite:

2004+ F150. No nicer-looking truck on the market. :) And solid-Ford Quality. :D

2961_21a999e6-2d1b-4d8c-abe0-aff1ae7a5244.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
-=d=- said:
Old skewl favourite:
IH Scout II (this one happens to be a '72.)

New Skewl Favourite:

2004+ F150. No nicer-looking truck on the market. :) And solid-Ford Quality. :D

Awesome trucks -=d=-. I love them both. We used to have a 1969 IH Scout, yellow with a white top. You can see it sitting in the driveway behind me in the picture I posted in the mine, mine, mine thread. It had a 110 h.p., turbo charged four banger. Little bugger had some guts.

And you're right about the Ford. That's the best looking truck Ford ever built, and in my opinion also, the best looking truck on the road. Looks like your's has got about a 6" or 8" lift aye? Maybe even 10".

Nice Dodge, FMR... you got a HEMI in that?? I always dug that commercial. I hear the economy isn't very good in those. My Dodge 2500 had the Cummins in it, I've never been more impressed with a pickup's power, and 20 MPG or better. I don't have a pic of it, unfortunately. It sits all mangled up in the barn as I type... :cry:

Nice Scout, -=D=-, you still have that? Those were impressive 4x4s, too.

That is a beautiful Ford... ALMOST as nice as my mangled 2500 :D Seriously, that's gotta be one of the nicest looking trucks I've seen... and I really don't care for Fords. Very nice rig.

Jackass, that old Jeep is very cool, I wanna get my paws on one like that someday.

I don't really care for the new look on the Jeeps, it may be the round headlights.. just something about the front end that turns me off.

Here's a pic of a kickass truck, guaranteed to turn any red-blooded American on! My friend Karl pulled up unexpectedly in the driveway with this bad boy & my wife went absolutely nuts over it. It had a built 360 in it that would roast those big tires something fierce.

11071_Dodge.jpg

Nt..you can actually get an old jeep like that from The Netherlands. They arent the exact same but VERY VERY close. The goverment there used them until the 90's and just finished selling them off. Not sure what the cost would be to ship it over though. :)

NT, you're right, that's one ultra fine Dodge your friend has there. Personally though, I'd prefer that Dodge of yours with the deisel in it, and that's exactly what I'm looking for right now. It's time for my Ford cargo van to go bye-bye. I've put it through hell and it's kept right on running. One damn tough old van. Got nothing bad to say about it.

But here's some pics of a couple old Chevy's I had in Wisconsin. The thing about trucks back there was, the body gave out long before the truck did, because they SALT LIKE CRAZY up there. EVERYTHING RUSTS!

The first one here was a one owner I just happened on. It belonged to an old guy that bought it new, and after he died it sat in an old tobacco shed for years. When the property and estate went up for auction, so did the truck. I bought this at the auction for $1200. It was a "full time" four wheel drive with a stump puller four speed, and the tried and true four bolt 350 engine. Body wansn't bad, but the interior was mint. Oh, it's was 1974 1/2 ton.

Trucks-1.jpg

The next one here I found sitting in a wed patch on a farm. It hadn't been started in years. It rusted and the farmers bought a new one. What do they do with the old one? Why pull it off to the side and let the weeds grow up around it of course. LOL! But they had bought it new, "ordered" it, and it had 456 dif gears, a TH400 tranny, and a 454 under the hood. I put a Wieand Stealth intake manifold, a 750 cfm vacuum secondary Holley, and Hedman headers on it. It's was probably the most powerful pickup truck I'd ever driven. If the tires ever quite spinning, it would have twisted the drive shafts off. Now the best part... I paid $400 for this truck. I sold it for $1500 when I left Wisconsin. I did put a new box on it and some engine parts, but I sure had my fun with it.

Trucks_001-1.jpg

NT...sorry for the delay...haven't been on my pC for a while.

Ram 2500 with the HEMI!!!!! Does very good (all things considered) on the hwy. Approx 18 mpg....not bad for a 7000 lb 4x4....as long as I keep my foot out of it.

In hindsight I should have gotten the Cummins, but I stole this one from the dealership....they were going out of business.

Forum List

Back