Your experience of God

You say you "view the spiritual in a different light". How so?
I view the spirit and soul simply as the essence of life, it's the thing that makes us more than just biomechanical objects. It's our personality, our talents, our traits, those things we're born with that make us what we are beyond the flesh and neurons. Even some animals and plants, I believe, have it. I don't believe it's magical, I don't believe there's anything inherently special about it, it's just a component of a living thing.

How I feed my spirit, my soul, is walking in the wilderness. I don't meditate. or practice any kind of ritual, I just walk. It makes me happy on the inside, gives me an overall satisfying peace. Maybe I do see it in a similar light, I don't know, I don't view it in the same light as the Abrahamic faiths, which is probably what I meant. I was drunk when I wrote that, my bad.

How I feel now, is that if I knew what the consequences in my life for taking up meditation long term would be, I may never have started.
Never heard of someone finding doubt in meditation. Please elaborate why you feel this way.

Thanks for your answer.

My meditation story is very personal. Not really appropriate for a forum discussion.

There are two reasons I won't discuss it. One, because I'd have to discuss Buddhism at length, and no one here is interested in that. And two, I haven't had good experiences self-disclosing on this forum.

Last edited:
By the way--what is spirituality anyway. Is there a general definition for that? Or is the definition religious based as well?

The knowledge that I am not dead after years of trying hard to die. I burnt my candle at both ends, I stood on the golf coursed God and dared him to strike me dead, I have snorted and shot up mounds of cocaine, started fights, drove cars into trees. I attempted murder on more then one occasion, and all my plans have come to naught. All this is stupidity to normal people as it should be. I have value to God if not any one on this planet. I also know hell is not the pit of fire and brimstone you psuddhist make fun of. Hell is separation from God. I have a mission, be it digging wells in Nigeria, teaching kids archery in my churches youth ministry, or washing dishes after 4th of July bar-b-q's. I am rock solid in my faith, and have nothing to prove to anyone. I dont have to ask how a person see God, because I dont need to know. I have things to do, and I do them.

I, for one, am grateful your life has been spared by the Grace of God. It truly is humbling to realize that he does care for us as individuals, isn't it? There are so many people in the world, and yet this all powerful Creator knows me individually. He knows you individually. He even know those who don't know him individually. And He is enticing all of us to come to Him to be healed of our faults and injuries, both physical and spiritual.

I just want you to know that God isn't the only one who you have value to brother.

Nope. I have a step Son That I raised since he was two, and his Mother who I took beatings to be with, as well as two more kids who have become great teen. All have seen the worst people are capable of because of how I and the other Men in my family tend to behave. They give me value on earth, and make me want to try harder.

You took beatings to be with? Can you explain? seriously...

Blues

Forum List

Back