Your Dream Vacation~

Well, I do have my best friend I want to visit in California. I have never been to Cali. I hope to make it there this summer! :eusa_pray:

well there ya go,, california is a beautiful state.. lots to see.. I love it end to end.

Los Angeles is a slime pit. Stay away from there. Almost the entire coast of CA is just freakin beautiful.
I don't like large metro areas, but I have to admit, San Diego is perhaps the cleanest large city I have ever been to. Of course, that was probably 20 years ago, so I'm not sure how it looks now.

If you have a few days, take highway 1 from Santa Barbara to Mendocino, awesome.

yep I agree,, skip LA.. ever been to the Sequoia Nat'l park.. you ain't seen nutting til you've seen those trees,

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQwlqf2dEBc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVfNXpeGV3Q&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
True. And it's about the only one I can afford.

I don't know where you are but have you ever thought about trading places with someone you know in another state?

but I've been lucky,, have been on a couple of dream vacations to Alaska and to the Holy land.. now if I could go back and stay anywhere I wanted to it would be Santorini.

Well, I do have my best friend I want to visit in California. I have never been to Cali. I hope to make it there this summer! :eusa_pray:

Just stay away from LA, that place is too crowded and its a dump. Yosemite, the central coast, and the Redwoods will blow your mind. :clap2:

I think I've already had my dream vacation. Back when I was working for United Airlines, my friend and I went to Japan. I got to go first class, both directions. We met up with many friends. We got lost in Tokyo a couple of times. We spent the night at a Japanese Onsen, thanks to friends of ours who paid for it. No other Americans were there. We got stared at a lot.

We went to a really fancy restaurant in the Ginza <sp?> district of Tokyo. I don't think they'd seen Americans before. Again, our Japanese friends <different friends> paid. The management gave my friend and I gifts and as we were leaving, he bowed low. I felt like saying "We're not worthy, we're not worthy".

Now that my job went to India, I doubt I'll ever have another vacation like that again. However, someday, I would like to see the Louvre.

well there ya go,, california is a beautiful state.. lots to see.. I love it end to end.

Los Angeles is a slime pit. Stay away from there. Almost the entire coast of CA is just freakin beautiful.
I don't like large metro areas, but I have to admit, San Diego is perhaps the cleanest large city I have ever been to. Of course, that was probably 20 years ago, so I'm not sure how it looks now.

If you have a few days, take highway 1 from Santa Barbara to Mendocino, awesome.

yep I agree,, skip LA.. ever been to the Sequoia Nat'l park.. you ain't seen nutting til you've seen those trees,
Been there.
I grew up on the central coast of CA.
We had redwood trees in the front yard.

Been there.

but redwoods (and i know they are big and beautiful) aren't the same animal as a sequoia are they? edit to add.. why yes, I guess they are..

http://www.natureali.org/SQF/sequoia_vs_redwood.html

Last edited:
Been there.

but redwoods (and i know they are big and beautiful) aren't the same animal as a sequoia are they? edit to add.. why yes, I guess they are..

Giant Sequoia versus Coast Redwood © Alison Sheehey
the sequoias are one variety.
My parents have one japanese redwood (cedar) in the front yard, the rest are Coast Redwood. The japanese one is the smallest, and the only one that was actually planted (by the original owner of the house), the rest are natives. It's also the youngest (at about 45 years old) of the 7 redwoods in front of the house.
My parents raised me in an awesome place, and I can't thank them enough for that.

Forum List

Back