Your Dream Vacation~

I've been wanting to go to Bulgaria for a long time. Don't ask me why. I know very little about the place other than that they make rosehip jam there and have mountains.

rhodopes_mountain.jpg

I've been wanting to go to Bulgaria for a long time. Don't ask me why. I know very little about the place other than that they make rosehip jam there and have mountains.

rhodopes_mountain.jpg

Come to Maine

We make rosehip jam here, and we have mountains, too.

I've been living here almost twenty years and the beauty of the place still knocks me out sometimes.

The rosehip jam?

Not so much.

Where would it take you?

Why do you want to go there?

It's not really a dream vacation, but I've always wanted to climb to the top of the 3 largest pyramids in Egypt. They won't let you climb them (legally), but I've heard that the guards can be bribed and at night you can get away with it if you pay the right people.

Where would it take you?

It's not really a dream vacation, but I've always wanted to climb to the top of the 3 largest pyramids in Egypt. They won't let you climb them (legally), but I've heard that the guards can be bribed and at night you can get away with it if you pay the right people.

that's what i love about americans....we dont give a shit about rules....wonder of the world..hell yea we will pay you to let us climb it and damage it....

my dream vacation would be an open airline ticket, an open train ticket and free rentals cars.....

i would just travel...i would travel the us ....i havent seen maine, redwoods, whales, puffins, i would like to see the upper west and midewest...(hell i couldnt find the midwest) and chicago....when i go up north its always interesting to say the least...i have never been to key west....or to brownsville texas....or boston....big sky country...big rock country....just places i have not been....i love seeing the mississippi ..big powerful river...the skywalk...on and on i could go...i would just travel the states and canada...i like canada...it like american but more polite

We did ours already several times. I could go for the same rip any day. Stay on the waterfront on one of the Islands in the Everglades. A boat is a must have while there. Less than five minutes to the gulf. Never know what you'll bring up when you toss your fishing line in. I caught a sea snake night fishing the first trip down there. The neighbor just about lost it, "Get rid of that thing it's poisonious!!" Red Fish, sea bass, cobia and all sorts of critters. I am allergic so I can't eat anything there. For the most part it is catch and release only.

I'd like to take a trip one of these summers on the East coast from Maine to Florida.

A summer month in the Yosemite National park would be a good trip too. I have not been there since I was a child.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Where would it take you?

that's what i love about americans....we dont give a shit about rules....wonder of the world..hell yea we will pay you to let us climb it and damage it....

Why do you think Americans are the only ones willing to bribe the guards?
It was Turk that told me about it. Said it cost him about $600 (US) to bribe the right people for his climb to the top of the Pyramid of Khufu.

my dream vacation would be an open airline ticket, an open train ticket and free rentals cars.....

i would just travel...i would travel the us ....i havent seen maine, redwoods, whales, puffins, i would like to see the upper west and midewest...(hell i couldnt find the midwest) and chicago....when i go up north its always interesting to say the least...i have never been to key west....or to brownsville texas....or boston....big sky country...big rock country....just places i have not been....i love seeing the mississippi ..big powerful river...the skywalk...on and on i could go...i would just travel the states and canada...i like canada...it like american but more polite
Not sure on going to Canada how politely you'll be treated. We were treated great. Mom and dad went there and the guy at the border was really rude to them. Searched their pickup through and through. grabbed on to a little voice box out of the glove box and started pushing the button as he asked what's this. It was a gadget the one of their workers had given them about the size of a key chain lock. The button the guy pushed made it say, "Your an asshole". It did nothing to improve the relationship at that point. He held them up at the border for a couple more hours.

The Keys are beautiful. Either rent a room or have a camper. Don't go for a night in a tent, bad, bad, bad!!! Son and I went for a quick trip with a couple of friends that wanted us to spend an entire month the next winter there with them. A storm came up and darn near blew me, the tent and the dog away. (son liked it he met a pretty blonde and spent a good amount of time in her trailer) In order to get out of the Keys I drove back toward the Everglades going as slow as the pickup would go in a rain that was so bad I could not see the hood of the pickup. It was all the way to Homestead with my door open so I could see the line on the road. I missed my turn and we ended up in South Miami at 3 AM. Not a good place to be at 3 in the morning with the fuel tank almost empty.

Dreamland. A nap is my idea of the perfect vacation.

True. And it's about the only one I can afford.

I don't know where you are but have you ever thought about trading places with someone you know in another state?

but I've been lucky,, have been on a couple of dream vacations to Alaska and to the Holy land.. now if I could go back and stay anywhere I wanted to it would be Santorini.

Dreamland. A nap is my idea of the perfect vacation.

I don't know where you are but have you ever thought about trading places with someone you know in another state?

but I've been lucky,, have been on a couple of dream vacations to Alaska and to the Holy land.. now if I could go back and stay anywhere I wanted to it would be Santorini.

Well, I do have my best friend I want to visit in California. I have never been to Cali. I hope to make it there this summer! :eusa_pray:

Actually, that is pretty much my dream vacation too when I'm day dreaming. To have enough money to just go anywhere whenever I felt like it. Never have to book in advance for the cheap deals, just go to the airport and buy a first class seat on the next plane and take a friend when I wanted company. I'd roam around by train and boat also. Never make plans, just take off for someplace new or back to some place familiar as whenever I got the urge. Live a gypsy life. Maybe eventually settle down on a houseboat on some lake in Bugaria and send for my pets. After an adventure like that I doubt I could return to real life.

Well, I do have my best friend I want to visit in California. I have never been to Cali. I hope to make it there this summer! :eusa_pray:

well there ya go,, california is a beautiful state.. lots to see.. I love it end to end.

Where would it take you?

The Creation Science Museum in Ohio

It's comedy gold!!!!

I have a south american fantasy vaction planned, for machu pichu, the amazon, ecuador and chile.

My eurpean vaction will be paris, prague, barcelona, greece, istanbul.

My asian vacation will be new zealand, australia, cambodia, vietnam, china, nepal.

I'd like to see east africa, tanzinia and kenya.

north america: alaska, BC, Banff.

Come to Maine

We make rosehip jam here, and we have mountains, too.

I've been living here almost twenty years and the beauty of the place still knocks me out sometimes.

The rosehip jam?

Not so much.
Too many Maniacs in Maine.
JK!

I've been to Isle au Haut. What little of Maine that I've seen was impressive.

well there ya go,, california is a beautiful state.. lots to see.. I love it end to end.

Los Angeles is a slime pit. Stay away from there. Almost the entire coast of CA is just freakin beautiful.
I don't like large metro areas, but I have to admit, San Diego is perhaps the cleanest large city I have ever been to. Of course, that was probably 20 years ago, so I'm not sure how it looks now.

If you have a few days, take highway 1 from Santa Barbara to Mendocino, awesome.

Forum List

Back