Your daily shot of sweet Irony

theim

May 11, 2004
Madison, WI
I'm really sorry, but I am just pissed as all hell because of this horseshit.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051023/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_us_contractors_killed_1

BAGHDAD, Iraq - An angry mob of insurgents attacked a convoy of American contractors last month when they got lost in a town north of Baghdad, killing four and wounding two, the U.S. military said on Sunday.

The Sept. 20 attack in the mostly Sunni Arab town of Duluiyah, about 45 miles north of Baghdad, was reported for the first time on Saturday by the British newspaper The Daily Telegraph and confirmed by the military on Sunday.

The convoy, which included U.S. military guards riding in Humvees, made a wrong turn into Duluiyah and insurgents opened fire with rifles and rocket-propelled grenades, Maj. Richard Goldenberg, a spokesman for Task Force Liberty in north-central Iraq, told The Associated Press.

"Task Force Liberty soldiers, which have a forward operating base in that area, responded to assist the convoy, administered first aid to two wounded contractors and evacuated the remains of four contractors killed," Goldenberg said.

He said he had no information about what the U.S. soldiers riding in the convoy had done during the attack.

The attack caused no U.S. military casualties, but Goldenberg said his men, acting on a tip, returned to the area two days later to detain an individual suspected of ties to the attack. The U.S. troops killed two insurgents after coming under fire.

The Telegraph reported the contractors killed and wounded were employees of the Halliburton Co. subsidiary Kellogg Brown & Root, the biggest U.S. military contractor in Iraq. But Goldenberg could not confirm that.

The Telegraph reported that two of the contractors not killed in the initial attack were dragged alive from their vehicle, which had been badly shot up. They were forced to kneel in the road before being killed.

"Killing one of the men with a rifle round fired into the back of his head, they doused the other with petrol and set him alight," the paper reported.

"Barefoot children, yelping in delight, piled straw on to the screaming man's body to stoke the flames."

The crowd then "dragged their corpses through the street, chanting anti-U.S. slogans," the report said.

The Telegraph cited U.S. Capt. Andrew Staples, a member of the Task Force Liberty battalion that patrols the area including Duluiya, who told the paper he had talked to soldiers involved in the attack. But none of the soldiers involved were identified.

It was not immediately clear why the U.S. military had not reported the deaths earlier. But two other military spokesmen said Sunday that the military generally relies on U.S. government officials to report the deaths of American civilians and contractors in Iraq.

In a similar attack in March 2004, a mob of Iraqis in the insurgent stronghold of Fallujah killed four U.S. security contractors, mutilated their bodies and hanged them from a bridge

And just so you might NEVER forget whose side the Liberals are on, here are some comments from the yahoo boards.

(Note: before clicking this link, know that I am NOT responsible for any infectious disease you may get from wading into this fetid, bile-filled swamp of liberal bottom feeders. Please make sure your vaccinations are up to date)

http://post.news.messages.yahoo.com...actors_killed_1&.sig=Qz.vzlwn5nfVPfPEXsalOQ--

>> Vive La Resistance ! <<
by: alexbenedicte 10/23/05 02:34 pm
Msg: 85 of 114

now that's what I call "good news"

clueless mercs looking to steal oil
by: andrew60637 10/23/05 01:36 pm
Msg: 54 of 114

hey where is that oil field at lemme see the map. ooops... BOOM

OH WHO CARES--JUST MORE DEAD AMERICANS
by: corcorsm 10/23/05 11:32 am
Msg: 15 of 114
1 recommendation

REALLY! do you care if 1 or 1000 americans die in iraq today

I saw the story last night. I thought of posting but knew it would just be said that since 'our guys' had burnt the two in Afghanistan, well...

Truth is, in the case of burning the Taleban there was no desecration, though they would argue just burning was. It was also a health hazard and then psyops used it.

Not so here, so reminiscent of the bridge incident.

Burning a contractor alive? We need to stop pussyfooting around and raze Duluiyah to the ground in a similar manner as Fallujah, only without giving the terrorists a chance to get out. The children added fuel to the poor man's fire. They're just as culpable. I say we go in there with loudspeakers blaring "SURRENDER NOW!!!" in Arabic set to "Ride of the Valkyries" and shoot anybody who's found armed or in a non-surrender position...then cremate the bodies.

The American people have never been supportive of dictators like Saddam Hussein or Hitler or Idi Amin and a few others. The problem I have is how we are somehow supportive of a dictator like GWB.

I once, with much regret, supported a change from a municiple water supply to sell it off to a contractor that promised efficiency and lower water rates. Within 5 years the rates for water and sewage tripled although the number of millionaires only increased by about 10% in the locale. Any increase in the disposable income amongst the po' folk has been pretty much decimated by the unexpected rise in water and sewage rates. Neighboring towns that did not embrace the comings on of the contractors continue to have water and sewage rates commensurate with typical COLA increases. I dunno, you figure it out?

This goes really deep.

Common working folk that vote Republican are voting against themselves. I can cite a thousand reasons but most of them are obvious.

Republicans have no shame in their hypocrisy and outright lying whether it be war, business, or just plain politics.

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:
The American people have never been supportive of dictators like Saddam Hussein or Hitler or Idi Amin and a few others. The problem I have is how we are somehow supportive of a dictator like GWB.

I once, with much regret, supported a change from a municiple water supply to sell it off to a contractor that promised efficiency and lower water rates. Within 5 years the rates for water and sewage tripled although the number of millionaires only increased by about 10% in the locale. Any increase in the disposable income amongst the po' folk has been pretty much decimated by the unexpected rise in water and sewage rates. Neighboring towns that did not embrace the comings on of the contractors continue to have water and sewage rates commensurate with typical COLA increases. I dunno, you figure it out?

This goes really deep.

Common working folk that vote Republican are voting against themselves. I can cite a thousand reasons but most of them are obvious.

Republicans have no shame in their hypocrisy and outright lying whether it be war, business, or just plain politics.

Psychoblues

have faith in 3 years you will be able to vote your "dictator out of office....then you can return to the apeasment plan that served the clinton era so well

manu1959 said:
have faith in 3 years you will be able to vote your "dictator out of office....then you can return to the apeasment plan that served the clinton era so well

Psycho is like the lunatic on the street with the placard saying "THE WORLD WILL END ON JUNE 6 2006!!!"

June 6, 2006 will come, and the lunatic will figure a way around it. Likewise, GW will one day not be president, and Psycho will say the master plan of KKKarl Rove is to have him be a shadow president, secretly pulling the strings of the elected one. Which would make KKKarl the shadow shadow president or something. I don't know.

Psychoblues said:

This goes really deep.

Psychoblues

WOW THANKS for informing me. I didnt know PRESIDENT Bush is a dictator. I thought we had a congress, senate and supreme court. SILLY me. :thup:

Only a 10% increase in millionaires, what a freaking shame....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Im soooo happy you let me know Im a hypocrite (I doubt you even know the REAL meaning of the word) and am lying about the war, business, politics,,,well, now do tell. Am I one of those republicans that hates women? hates kids? hates the poor? is a racist?

I REALLY, REALLY need to know.

Thanks in advance for you answers. Are there 12 step programs for me to get over my "republicanitis"?

Forum List

Back