Your "Conservative" President

Article I Section 8 of the US Constitution

"Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States; ...."

You have a right to be a danger to yourself.
I've never advocated being a danger to others... and that's the difference between freedom and anarchy
Where does one end and the other begin? Would you feel safe being a passenger in a plane whose pilot is a cocaine addict? How about being the patient of a surgeon who is addicted? Would you trust your auto mechanic if he or she was a heroin addict? You seem to assume that addicts are junkies on the street, but oftentimes, they hold jobs and put other people's welfare at risk. The addict is not the best judge of when they are putting other people's lives and welfare in danger.

Besides, I was just pointing out a flaw in Karl's "law." The flaw is 100% valid, and even has a name
Thanks, but I didn't come up with the Law of Supply and Demand. I believe you have me confused with Adam Smith, the author of "The Wealth of Nations".... by the way, just because you may come up with a rare exception to the law does not make it invalid. Most economic theory uses that very law for its foundation. You might as well try to argue that Newton's Laws of Motion are invalid simply because they break down at speeds close to the speed of light.

KarlMarx said:
Article I Section 8 of the US Constitution

"Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States; ...."
Allright

Where does one end and the other begin? Would you feel safe being a passenger in a plane whose pilot is a cocaine addict? How about being the patient of a surgeon who is addicted? Would you trust your auto mechanic if he or she was a heroin addict? You seem to assume that addicts are junkies on the street, but oftentimes, they hold jobs and put other people's welfare at risk. The addict is not the best judge of when they are putting other people's lives and welfare in danger.
What does this have to do with legality?
You're legally allowed to drink alcohol, but aren't allowed to drink and drive a taxi. Or fly a plane.
The same laws could apply to flying a plane or performing surgery.

What about, say, an engineer. Should he be allowed to smoke some weed on the weekends?

Thanks, but I didn't come up with the Law of Supply and Demand. I believe you have me confused with Adam Smith
What you cited was not the law of supply and demand at all, but rather an example of negative price elasticity of demand.
The law of supply and demand, simply stated, determines the equilibrium price of a product based on its supply and (you guessed it) demand.

Max. I know it's fun to feel the pure power of pure thinking, but think about it. If crack were legal out society would devolve to shit in about 20 years. The compassion of compassionate conservatism is NOT leaving people to their own destruction in a libertarian fit of selfishness.

What about, say, an engineer. Should he be allowed to smoke some weed on the weekends?
No.

What you cited was not the law of supply and demand at all, but rather an example of negative price elasticity of demand.
The law of supply and demand, simply stated, determines the equilibrium price of a product based on its supply and (you guessed it) demand.
Now, you're arguing on matters of mere symantics. I made my point.

rtwngAvngr said:
Max. I know it's fun to feel the pure power of pure thinking, but think about it. If crack were legal out society would devolve to shit in about 20 years. The compassion of compassionate conservatism is NOT leaving people to their own destruction in a libertarian fit of selfishness.

What if marijuana were legal?

KarlMarx said:
No.

Now, you're arguing on matters of mere symantics. I made my point.
Semantics.

Hahahaha. I'm kidding.

Seriously though, with alcohol as the prime example of something that has both been legal and illegal, it seems that the consequences for criminalizing the drug were more severe than the consequences of allowing it legally. Despite supply and demand.

Max Power said:
You're a very angry individual, LuvRPgrl. Anger is the path to the dark side.?"
ahhhh, a place you know well.

Max Power said:
Fortunately for gays, "The people," don't run this country.
We live in a constitutionally limited republic. Not a pure democracy.
This was intentional, to ensure that freedoms were not controlled by popular opinion.?"
How many times in one week do you want to be blatantly wrong? The people run the country, both directly and indirectly. The voting on the issue was presented to the people directly, they had a direct vote on it in many states and by a heavy majority turned it down. Even if you try to circumvent the system with activist judges, we will get around it, the overwhelming majority of the public doesnt want it.

Max Power said:
Maybe you're taking the wrong prescription pills then :p
Either way, the "war on drugs" is nothing more than a war on freedom.
And, FWIW, good ol' mary jane will do a lot less to fuck up your mind than MANY prescription pills.?"
Well, then you are admitting pot will fuck up your mind, "just not as much"
Uh, yea dude, sit back and have another joint. Probably what you were doing when you claimed the % of the GDP is higher now than ever.

Max Power said:
No. You are confused.
Price is controlled by supply and demand, not the other way around.?"
Your an idiot, and Im not confused. It is a system that works back and forth.
Anybody with basic knowledge of markets knows that as a price of something goes down, supply dwindles, demand will increase, price will go up, back and forth, back and forth. You see the price of fuel is going down? Production is attempted to meet projected demands, sometimes it comes up short, prices go up, then they make too many, prices drop, its an entire system where each affects the other continuously along with other factors. But anyways, now you are arguing against your own statements.

Max Power said:
In 19th century Ireland, when the price of potatoes would rise, poor people were no longer able to afford meat and potatoes, so they purchased more potatoes. ?"
Uh, do you realize what you just said there? my god are you a mess... :):):) Its totally non sensical. Go back to the third grade and start over. "people can no longer afford potatoes, so they bought more potatoes" c'mon dude, even a second grade mexican immigrant can see the problem in that one...

Max Power said:
Try to make sure you're 100% sure of something before you call someone a moron ;-).?"
see DIRECTLY above, I DID make sure. :):)

Max Power said:
Besides, I was just pointing out a flaw in Karl's "law." The flaw is 100% valid, and even has a name.?"
flaw is 100% valid???? Now I know you are smoking something, you cant be that much of a moron. Uh, and it has a name? Oh, you mean the one Wikpedia said, "it may or may not exist in the real world"???? BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Max Power said:
Alcohol IS a drug. Are you debating this FACT?
Are you including Amsterdam in your "world?"
Yes I would debate that fact, unless you want to, as liberal morons usually do, expand the definition of drug to include things like vitamins, additives, etc.

Oh, by the way, neat try to change definitions. Quantity demanded is the same as demand for something. SUPPLY.............DEMAND.........PRICE, all three interactive, all three the only ingredients necessary to operate a free market.

bye bye sonny boy :arabia:

Max Power said:
Allright

What does this have to do with legality?
You're legally allowed to drink alcohol, but aren't allowed to drink and drive a taxi. Or fly a plane.
The same laws could apply to flying a plane or performing surgery..
The difference, moron, is that alot of people drink without getting drunk, and alot of people drink occasionally. Cocaine and speed and pot are totally addictive to anyone who uses them. After some time of usage, you become physically dependent on them, anyone will. So a person can drink on sunday, and not drink at work on monday, unlike pot or coke, eventually you WILL become a daily user.

Max Power said:
What about, say, an engineer. Should he be allowed to smoke some weed on the weekends? .
No, its illegal. I sure wouldnt want to know that the 20th story balcony Im standing on was engineered by a pot head. DUDE....... :cuckoo:

Max Power said:

No, he cited the negative elasticity law of demand centrifugal reduction act 231.02.135A, minus the negative zero sum degree of calibration to create a supply of increasing and spiraling price demand controlled by sub zero refrigarators.

bye bye again sonny boy (talk about owned hehehheheh)

LuvRPgrl said:
How many times in one week do you want to be blatantly wrong? The people run the country, both directly and indirectly. The voting on the issue was presented to the people directly, they had a direct vote on it in many states and by a heavy majority turned it down. Even if you try to circumvent the system with activist judges, we will get around it, the overwhelming majority of the public doesnt want it.
Nope. Constitutionally limited Republic > Democracy.
Next, you're probably going to tell me that free speech is prohibited if a majority of people don't like it.

Well, then you are admitting pot will fuck up your mind, "just not as much"
Uh, yea dude, sit back and have another joint. Probably what you were doing when you claimed the % of the GDP is higher now than ever.
Haha pot. I hate pot. I have much better shit than that.

]Your an idiot, and Im not confused. It is a system that works back and forth.
Anybody with basic knowledge of markets knows that as a price of something goes down, supply dwindles, demand will increase, price will go up, back and forth, back and forth. You see the price of fuel is going down? Production is attempted to meet projected demands, sometimes it comes up short, prices go up, then they make too many, prices drop, its an entire system where each affects the other continuously along with other factors. But anyways, now you are arguing against your own statements.
Nope. Price does not affect demand. Price affects quantity demanded. Go pick up your Economics 101 textbook and read it again.

bye bye sonny boy :arabia:
Bye!!!!!!!!

Max Power said:
Nope. Constitutionally limited Republic > Democracy.
Next, you're probably going to tell me that free speech is prohibited if a majority of people don't like it.!!!!!!!!
If enough people want it, yes, it can be done. SPeech is already limited. YEP, the PEOPLE run the country, like it or not sonnny.

Max Power said:
Haha pot. I hate pot. I have much better shit than that.!!!!!!!!

Tell me something I dont already know,,,,,

Max Power said:
Nope. Price does not affect demand. Price affects quantity demanded. Go pick up your Economics 101 textbook and read it again.

Bye!!!!!!!!
nah, wont bother, I already read it, no difference, quantity demanded, demand, its semantics. And you still like to live by a theory that "may or may not exist in the real world" ,,,,oh, you still havent addressed that little factoid sonny

I notice you are conveniently ignoring all the parts where I totally blasted your statements out of the water.

LuvRPgrl said:
oh, you still havent addressed that little factoid sonny

Uhh yeah I did. I gave the example of potatoes in Ireland in the 19th century. Simply because you choose to ignore it doesn't mean I haven't addressed it. Silly girl!

Here's the thing max, we don't let people die in the gutter here. Since we don't, as a society, there should be some social attempt to curb the behaviors that get people in the gutter. Overwhelmingly it's drugs and alcohol. Paternalistic? Yes. Why do you hate daddy?

Max Power said:
Uhh yeah I did. I gave the example of potatoes in Ireland in the 19th century. Simply because you choose to ignore it doesn't mean I haven't addressed it. Silly girl!

NEVER has the word MORON applied so aptly.

Your response was this:
In 19th century Ireland, when the price of potatoes would rise, poor people were no longer able to afford meat and potatoes, so they purchased more potatoes.

As I noted about your response, its nonsensical. "when the price of potatoes rose, poor people could no longer afford meat and potatoes, so they purchased more potatoes"??????

thats like saying, I cant afford that car, oh, the price just went up, so now I can afford it. Are you really that stupid, or can you see the problem with those statements?????? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE tell me, "ahhh, now I see what you are saying"

Since it makes no sense, YOU HAVENT RESPONDED,

sheesh sonny boy :whip: , getting trounced in a debate by a girl, how embarrassing,....

LuvRPgrl said:
NEVER has the word MORON applied so aptly.

Your response was this:
In 19th century Ireland, when the price of potatoes would rise, poor people were no longer able to afford meat and potatoes, so they purchased more potatoes.

As I noted about your response, its nonsensical. "when the price of potatoes rose, poor people could no longer afford meat and potatoes, so they purchased more potatoes"??????

thats like saying, I cant afford that car, oh, the price just went up, so now I can afford it. Are you really that stupid, or can you see the problem with those statements?????? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE tell me, "ahhh, now I see what you are saying"

Since it makes no sense, YOU HAVENT RESPONDED,

sheesh sonny boy :whip: , getting trounced in a debate by a girl, how embarrassing,....

I guess they couldn't quantize the meat in accordance with available meat funds. The slicer couldn't get thin enough.

The ClayTaurus said:
The government is my dad? They get to parent me around?

If the government (rest of the tax payers) GETS TO pick your sorry addicted, ruined ass out of the gutter when you fuck up, then yes. SO the question remains: Do we let people die in the gutter?

Forum List

Back