~Your Cell Phone~

Model parts, not models.

As far as I can tell.

certain models are made in china, most are manufactured in mexico.

They are assembled from the component parts and much of the work that is not manufacturing of the electronic components is still in the Americas.

BlackBerrys earned the nickname "Crackberry". "Crackberry" refers to the similarity between cocaine users' addictiveness to cocaine and BlackBerry users addictiveness to the BlackBerry. BlackBerry phones are assembled in Canada. However, the parts that form the smartphones are mostly imported by China and Japan. Products' screens are made by Japanese companies. The material of BlackBerry is plastic.

Research In Motion - Research Papers - Senozancan

Research paper with cost added for in-depth research says that they are assembled in Canada still.

Date Submitted: 05/16/2011 04:15 AM

Even so, this clearly shows how RIM still produces more from the Americas involvement than most other phone companies.

I would still purchase BB because of that. :)

Even so, this clearly shows how RIM still produces more from the Americas involvement than most other phone companies.

Agreed Ropey, I am not disagreeing apologies if My words read combative. I find it fascinating that this little machine with little parts are pieced together with parts a from all corners. I am a blackberry fan. My husband loves his iphone.

:cool:

Agreed Ropey, I am not disagreeing apologies if My words read combative. I find it fascinating that this little machine with little parts are pieced together with parts a from all corners. I am a blackberry fan. My husband loves his iphone.

:cool:

I find you mentally agile, funny and not combative kiki. I've not seen your combat though. :) My sister loves her iPhone as well. I also buy BB because I'm a Canadian.

Go Canada... :clap2:

^ Why I am really in here. :)

RIM sources from companies that apply good labor relations and uphold international child labor codes, they are manufactured mainly in Canada, Mexico and Hungry. I have some issue with RIM but they are, generally, one of the most ethical manufacturers.

Sucks to be George who think's he'd manufactured a stick to beat me with. He's an idiot.

RIM sources from companies that apply good labor relations and uphold international child labor codes, they are manufactured mainly in Canada, Mexico and Hungry. I have some issue with RIM but they are, generally, one of the most ethical manufacturers.

Sucks to be George who think's he'd manufactured a stick to beat me with. He's an idiot.

And Canada rocks...

Let's not forget that. :eusa_clap:

Let's review, shall we? I put up a thread in the Computer forum, asking for advice as to what type of high def television I should purchase. A lot of folks posted on that thread, giving me a lot of very valuable advice. Your contribution?

Since you're a liberal, I assume you will research companies and find one that builds their products in the US? Or at least somewhere where they have decent safety standards and child labor laws? Or are you just interested in the 'best' or the 'cheapest'. Are you gonna put your money where your mouth is or what?

Now, I read in this thread, that you own a Blackberry and wouldn't trade it for any other type of cell phone. Blackberries are not manufactured in the U.S.

I'm not the one caught in the middle of my own hypocrisy, CG - you are. You might want to reassess just who is the "idiot" here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back