Your Best Halloween Costume was . . .

A bag of jelly beans. :D

Recall that as a kid begging my Mom for one of those ones that come in the boxes and having to go to several stores to find one since they were sold out. Then finally finding it. Forget what it was, some superhero I'd think. :) But I remember how stoked I was when we finally found one. :)

One year I let several girlfriends dress me up as Ernie K-Doe. They did the whole thing and did a helluva job. Not sure if I have an actual photo but I was a dead ringer -- nobody in the world recognized me.

This is Ernie K-Doe:

MainErnieK-Doe.jpg

Things are a little different in New Orleans....

Convict outfit, handcuffs, with a bloody mannequins hand hanging from one of the cuffs

Recall that as a kid begging my Mom for one of those ones that come in the boxes and having to go to several stores to find one since they were sold out. Then finally finding it. Forget what it was, some superhero I'd think. :) But I remember how stoked I was when we finally found one. :)

I think I only had a store bought costume a few times. My mom usually made all of my costumes, and she was quite good at it too. For the bag of jelly beans, she taped a bunch of balloons on me, put a bathing cap on my head with a clear plastic trash bag with arms and head hole cut out and put a sign on it that said "Brach's Jelly Beans." Lol. :) I was a walking advertisement in a way, I suppose.

When I was an actual official kid I had a tube of toothpaste costume. All the housewives answering the door wanted to squeeze me.

Actually come to think of it I should run that play again now that I'm all growed up... :eusa_think:

I think I only had a store bought costume a few times. My mom usually made all of my costumes, and she was quite good at it too. For the bag of jelly beans, she taped a bunch of balloons on me, put a bathing cap on my head with a clear plastic trash bag with arms and head hole cut out and put a sign on it that said "Brach's Jelly Beans." Lol. :) I was a walking advertisement in a way, I suppose.

Remember those, good orange and green ones. :)

Reminds me, gotta get some Halloween candy and something to bake. Have a apartment party in te clubhouse every year. Usually do some cupcakes and get some sorta candy. Haven't noticed many trick or treaters though, guess they just go to the party and get it all in one place. :)

One year I let several girlfriends dress me up as Ernie K-Doe. They did the whole thing and did a helluva job. Not sure if I have an actual photo but I was a dead ringer -- nobody in the world recognized me.

This is Ernie K-Doe:

MainErnieK-Doe.jpg

Things are a little different in New Orleans....

OMG! You'll have to find some photos and post them here. :D

Doorbell rings on Hallowe'en. Lady of the house opens the door. There stands a kid in tricorn hat with a patch over one eye, plastic cutlass at his side. He snarls, "trick or treat, arrrr!"

"Oooh a pirate!" intones madame. "But where are your buccaneers?"

Kid ponders what seems an obvious question, then gives his obvious answer:

"under my buccan hat!"

Reminds me, gotta get some Halloween candy and something to bake. Have a apartment party in te clubhouse every year. Usually do some cupcakes and get some sorta candy. Haven't noticed many trick or treaters though, guess they just go to the party and get it all in one place. :)

Yeah, there aren't many trick or treaters going door to door anymore. A lot of them in my area go to the local mall. Parents feel safer, I guess. When I was little, there were kids everywhere on the streets on Halloween. It as a lot of fun. There was no mall around back then though. :)

Yeah, there aren't many trick or treaters going door to door anymore. A lot of them in my area go to the local mall. Parents feel safer, I guess. When I was little, there were kids everywhere on the streets on Halloween. It as a lot of fun. There was no mall around back then though. :)

Outta have each tenet place their bowl of candy on a long table and the kids can go down the line taking from each one. So much more efficient. :)

Doorbell rings on Hallowe'en. Lady of the house opens the door. There stands a kid in tricorn hat with a patch over one eye, plastic cutlass at his side. He snarls, "trick or treat, arrrr!"

"Oooh a pirate!" intones madame. "But where are your buccaneers?"

Kid ponders what seems an obvious question, then gives his obvious answer:

"under my buccan hat!"

:lol:

Outta have each tenet place their bowl of candy on a long table and the kids can go down the line taking from each one. So much more efficient. :)

Still, not as fun, IMO. I used to have a blast on Halloween! :)

Me too. Only stopped going trick or treating when 17 when someone guilted me with "Aren't you a little old to be trick or treating?" :) Free candy to me, never too old for free candy. :)

Me too. Only stopped going trick or treating when 17 when someone guilted me with "Aren't you a little old to be trick or treating?" :) Free candy to me, never too old for free candy. :)

I dressed up with my son several times for Halloween, but then again I was a young mom, probably could have still gotten away with trick or treating myself! :lol:

Never occured to me there might be an age cut-off. Had so many highschool aged girls coming by. Guess for boys at some point you're supposed to stop and start going out to mug little kids taking their's like in the movies. :)

Never occured to me there might be an age cut-off. Had so many highschool aged girls coming by. Guess for boys at some point you're supposed to stop and start going out to mug little kids taking their's like in the movies. :)

And egg. Make sure the eggs have been left out for a few days in advance so that they're good and smelly though! :lol:

Forum List

Back