Your account is inactive due to too many incorrect login tries

saveliberty

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2009
... or something to that effect. Happened yesterday, but I didn't incorrectly login all day...

Why did I get this message?

I waited an hour and got in just fine.

I was thinking more like accumulated vacation time from all my posts, sounds better than log in ban.

Plus you'd think there would be a warning. I was really wondering if I was being hacked.

I was thinking more like accumulated vacation time from all my posts, sounds better than log in ban.

Plus you'd think there would be a warning. I was really wondering if I was being hacked.
I just had to kick off 7 hackers on my sons computer with anti-hacking software..91% corrupted programs...

I just had to kick off 7 hackers on my sons computer with anti-hacking software..91% corrupted programs...

Ouch! Try a wifi user name like NSA.gov/punishablebydeath

You log out?

I mean, that's even possible?

I got logged out when I cleaned my cookies, which is why I hate to do that.

I clean everything out every time I even change sites, and it still remembers my login name and password in the top left box thing. I just have to click the 'log in' button. I assumed it was based on logging static IP,s not cookies. I was away for some months and it still had me in memory; even a year gone some time back, same thing.

When I was on MySpace some years ago, my account was locked after several login attempts with wrong passwords. It's a security measure to prevent your account from getting hacked and someone may have tried to log into your account on that day.

Yep, so my question is, will mods pursue posters who try this form of banning using their IP address?

There was a LOT of coughing and sputtering yesterday at the servers.. I had to wait seconds for every character to show up. So if you banged on the site without waiting for a full page it's possible you actually did exceed the login tries. OR -- It counted the tries, but was too busy to let you in.

It's that illegal operation that C-K runs in the back room. Takes all the bandwidth. Especially during sports playoffs.

Yep, so my question is, will mods pursue posters who try this form of banning using their IP address?

Not likely to spoof your IP Addresses.And with all the routes to connect, it's just not feasible anymore to use them for identification (unless you are a refrigerator or a car) And any psycho that's gonna sit there and try to block your login access for hours not knowing if you are coming back is too just too dumb to feed themselves.

Probably just a slow streak for the site.

It wasn't just this site that was slow the other day, many others were as well. It's a matter of where and when you're routed, not necessarily the particular server you're trying to get on. A slowdown can be at any point on the route, even your own ISP.

Forum List

Back