Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cal, Jan 4, 2010.
He's really from Georgia, not Virginia. and he robs banks.
That's true, she is a gift from God, a gift to conservatives.
And just to piss you off again Dogbert, this is the reason I love Palin. And to think that she did all of this in just a couple of years. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
This is a good e-mail that she printed in her book on pages 405-408 from and Alaskan constituent. Keep in mind that the Associated Press sent out 11 journalists to fact check her book. They sent none out to fact check Obama's two books.
A few of her accomplishments as Governor.
A View From Alaska: By Dewey Whetsell
" The last forty-five of my sixty-six years I've spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here's the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets it. It's not about persona, style, rhetoric, it's about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I'm about to mention here."
1. Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the governor's office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republicans' Corrupt Bastards Club. (CBC) and sent it packing. Many of it's members are now residing in state housing and wearing orange jumpsuits. The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti, and singing " La la la la" ( well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country who has ever done anything similar. But while you're thinking, I'll continue."
2. Now, with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaska politicians to protect the giant oil companies here. So Palin constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called "ACES." ExxonMobil ( the biggest corporation in the world) protested, and Sarah told it, " Don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out." It stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies fell meekly into line. Again, give the name of any other governor in the country who has done anything similar.
3. The other thing she did when she walked into the governor's office is that she got the list of state requests for federal funding for projects known as "pork." She went through the list, took 85 percent of them out, and placed them in the " when-hell-freezes-over" stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we'll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor's jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor's cook ( remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the state vehicle issued to her ( maintaining that she already had a car) and dismissing her state-provided security force ( never mentioning--I imagine--that she was packing heat herself.) I'm still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.
4. Even with her much-ridiculed " gosh and golly" manerisms, she managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built that will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it even if they tried. If that doesn't impress you, you're trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.
5. For thirty years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thomson. It made excuses the entire time for why it couldn't start drilling. In truth it was holding it as an investment. No governor for thirty years could make it get started. This summer, she told Exxon she was revoking it's lease and kicking it out. It protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the courthouse. Alaska won again.
6. President Obama wants the nation to be on 25 percent renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50 percent renewable by 2025. We are already at 25 percent. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona. Everbody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool. But that's just a cover-up.
I am still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won't be holding my breath."
I don't think so, Maple. She's like a billygoat for cub fans.
I think you owe me a apology there Elvis.
you a billygoat?
While I am sure the billygoats take offense to being compared to Mrs. Palin, I am not one.
You said I was defending youngstalin when instead I was dead-on about Maple.
Being a 'good' person, doesn't make one a good POTUS. If it did, I could be POTUS. If your best call on Obama is that he is a 'good' person, then you have some growing up to do, kid. Liberals do not want people off welfare - they love welfare.... they like taking my money and handing it to some fat ass bitch with 6 kids by 8 different men. Well, I personally, would prefer to donate money to charities that actually help people than have some asshole in the WH take my money and hand it out to lazy bitches, criminals and illegal aliens.
Yes, because that defines everyone on welfare. If you care to wipe the bile off your face, you would see how ignorant that statement is.
I would love to see any facts you have behind this very degrading statement.........
This is an introduction thread. Y'all take your political bickering elsewhere, please.
Separate names with a comma.