Young white singers branded as Racists and Hate-mongerers by Media...

musicman said:
Well, by "people in our culture", I mean creators and contributors rather than consumers. So, you'd have to include the arts, enertainment, academia, and others. Program directors, determiners of curriculum, and publishers - not Joe Six-Pack. With that clarification, I reiterate that our culture issues the "racist" condemnation in a selective and subjective way, and that's not fair. Do you agree?

Yep, it's not fair.

Pale Rider said:
Not only are you a flaming liberal, you sound like a stinking communist.

What the hell is an "f-13"?

In context, even a moron could have figured out it was a typo, F-16.

Im a flaming liberal?? BWAHSAHHAHAHAHHAh, you obviously havent read any of my posts. Im more libertarian than liberal, or conservative,

Thanks for the neg rep points for a post where I was merely giving my bio when asked my age.
Not that I care that much, just surprised me that YOU DO. :):):)

The reason, and I dont agree with it, that is given why black racism doesnt exist, is because racism isnt merely an attitude, it requires an ability to facilitate that attitude through power. Since the black people dont have enough power to create enough problems for whites because of their hatred (for those blacks that are racist ), then it isnt racist.

Oddly enough, the racist attitude that some blacks have only does their own people more harm.

Regarding the intelligence level of blacks vs. whites, the poster is simply wrong. The bell curve only showed differences in intelligence due to cultural differences, not racial differences. A friend of mine did his PHD paper on racial dna structures and culture. He explained it to me, and that it has been shown, that if you switched whites with blacks into different enviorments, suddenly the blacks become superior in areas the whites were previously.

LuvRPgrl said:
The reason, and I dont agree with it, that is given why black racism doesnt exist, is because racism isnt merely an attitude, it requires an ability to facilitate that attitude through power. Since the black people dont have enough power to create enough problems for whites because of their hatred (for those blacks that are racist ), then it isnt racist.

So, the defining quality of racism is being in the majority, and thus having the ability to "enforce" one's hatred? It is, then, impossible - by definition - for blacks to be racist?

It seems I've heard this theory advanced by a prominent American university professor. Perhaps someone from the board could help refresh my memory. So, this is not some wacko philosophy that's relegated to the fringe. It is being preached and taught, as fact, in our cultural mainstream!

That sure goes a long way toward explaining the "whites are always wrong" mindset so prevalent in the American Left - we DESERVE it. Thanks, LuvRPgrl!

LuvPR,

I understand where you are going with this...nevertheless, I couldn't disagree more.

Racism IS an attitude and a belief system....thats why it can be so pervasive and so dangerous and so damn difficult to deal with. Some of the most stereotypically racist people are LOWER CLASS whites. People who have NO POWER to exert over African Americans whatsoever. Now you could argue that their racism is, in part, caused by the power they believe they should have over others and don't...but the bottom line is that poor whites don't have any power over blacks of any economic class...yet some are still racist...

Your definition is troublesome to me...because it excuses and therefore condones any and all black racism and the incredibly dangerous and devestating problems caused by this racism.

Stop excusing bad behavior, intolerance, prejudice, and discrimination because the person exhibiting these digusting qualities is black! To refuse to do so is.....racist! :eek:

Gem said:
LuvPR,

I understand where you are going with this...nevertheless, I couldn't disagree more.

Racism IS an attitude and a belief system....thats why it can be so pervasive and so dangerous and so damn difficult to deal with. Some of the most stereotypically racist people are LOWER CLASS whites. People who have NO POWER to exert over African Americans whatsoever. Now you could argue that their racism is, in part, caused by the power they believe they should have over others and don't...but the bottom line is that poor whites don't have any power over blacks of any economic class...yet some are still racist...

Your definition is troublesome to me...because it excuses and therefore condones any and all black racism and the incredibly dangerous and devestating problems caused by this racism.

Stop excusing bad behavior, intolerance, prejudice, and discrimination because the person exhibiting these digusting qualities is black! To refuse to do so is.....racist! :eek:

exactly. you dont need power to hate someone based on their skin color. any moron could do that. racism is racism

LuvRPgrl said:
So, thats why you were able to understand it :)

Hmmm... if that was an attempt at a subtle insult, it backfired P-girl. Because if I undestood it, and you didn't, then that would make you LESS than a moron. Not good.

And even though you SAY you're not a liberal, you still sound like one. Liberals LOVE to give twisted and convoluted explanations and reasons for things, and it never really adds up to much more than lip service, and that's what your definition of racism is. Lip service. Racism NOT being racism simply because a race doesn't have enough POWER is pure crap. Blacks do indeed have plenty of power. Their actions have profound impacts on all aspects of EVERYONES lives, including whites, as I tried to demonstrate in my prior post, but you've choosen to ignore.

Sometimes you have to NOT listen to the PC crowd and their hogwash. This coming Christmas, say "MERRY CHRISTMAS", and if you want a nativity scene in your front yard, PUT ONE OUT THERE, and when blacks are racist, CALL THEM RACIST.

Gem said:
LuvPR,

I agree Gem. I'm not so sure about the past, (say those born prior to 1964), but I can say today that 'most people' in the United States of any race have been taught the 'horrors' of prejudice/racism. I think for most the message is not easily converted to something else.

Until recently I think this was true across the board. I think it's predominately true for the 'Caucasians' of middle class or above. I think it's also predominately true of other races, though there is a movement in a certain segment of the African American intelligensia to make 'whitey' the focal point of all hate, an example of which was the professor speaking at Howard University, until then, a very respected university.

Kathianne said:
I agree Gem. I'm not so sure about the past, (say those born prior to 1964), but I can say today that 'most people' in the United States of any race have been taught the 'horrors' of prejudice/racism. I think for most the message is not easily converted to something else.

Until recently I think this was true across the board. I think it's predominately true for the 'Caucasians' of middle class or above. I think it's also predominately true of other races, though there is a movement in a certain segment of the African American intelligensia to make 'whitey' the focal point of all hate, an example of which was the professor speaking at Howard University, until then, a very respected university.

I would say it's a bit alarmist to say Howard University is no longer respected because they had one crack-pot speaker...

The ClayTaurus said:
I would say it's a bit alarmist to say Howard University is no longer respected because they had one crack-pot speaker...

I'd go along with that, Clay - if crack-pot speakers at universities were anomalies. They're not - it's the rule of the day.

The ClayTaurus said:

Unless there is a denouncement of...One can imagine what would happen if Stanford hosted a white saying the same of Blacks, Hispanics, Palestinians, or Asians.

Forum List

Back