Young white singers branded as Racists and Hate-mongerers by Media...

Hagbard Celine said:
I never claimed it did not exist. I said I didn't know of any black rappers whose messages were hateful to whites and then I said "you may prove me wrong." You've got nothing on me. And then, because we were discussing the girls of Prussian Blue, I found some of their music on the internet, listened to it, and posted my opinion of on this thread because that's what the thread is about. The thread is ABOUT Prussian Blue! My comment on their music is totally within the confines of the thread. You guys are irritable and itching for a fight and are trying to drag me down your level, but it's just not going to happen. "I can't say I blame you....." BLAH! :rolleyes:

Your parsing is about to approach pathetic, Clintonian proportions. Why don't you stop squirming and just admit that you were proven wrong? It's no disgrace.

In the first place, this thread was merged with another on a similar topic. Moderators sometimes do this, in the interests of clarity and bandwidth savings. Insein's original thread topic - as you are well aware - was the DOUBLE STANDARD. You addressed his concerns by bleating, "I know [rappers] sing about capping people, but I don't think they ever make it racial". It was a profoundly foolish thing to say, and you were immediately proven wrong. But, instead of acknowledging that fact, you squirmed and dodged. And continue to do so.

As far as your saying, "You may prove me wrong", you said that in an entirely different context. What - don't you think people can read?

"You may prove me wrong, but the last time I checked, being a Hitler youth (sic) isn't exactly in line with the ideas of tolerance and love for your fellow man".

Give it up already, will you? It's becoming sad.

MissileMan said:
When did we decide that two wrongs make a right?

But, don't you find something chillingly Orwellian in, "Some racists are more wrong than others"?

musicman said:
Ah, but do you seriously deny the cultural double standard being applied?
No, but the presence of a double standard doesn't make either of them right or any less disgusting.

I don't listen to rap ( I won't call it rap music) so I'm not familiar with racist lyrics that may be out there. I don't remember seeing anything on MSM about racist lyrics in rap either. There have been pieces done about foul language and sexual content. Now that I'm aware of the racist lyrics, I guess I have no recourse other than boycotting rap performers and their record labels. This won't be difficult since I've been doing it anyways because rap SUCKS! I don't think there's much chance of me buying an album put out by two little inbred retards either, so I will be boycotting Prussian Blue also.

MissileMan said:
No, but the presence of a double standard doesn't make either of them right or any less disgusting.

Nor has anyone here inferred otherwise.

You'll concede Insein's initial point, though?

two wrongs dont make a right, but three does!

as far as im concerned, the knife need to cut both ways. tis all fun and games... they are jsut "lyrics". that is until another race does the same thing, then its jsut plain racist. fuck them both

MissileMan said:
I believe I already have.

No - not in the strictest sense, MM. I believe that, "Does our culture employ a double standard on the matter of racism?" is an important enough question to merit an emphatic yes or no answer. "Yeah, but..." is kind of a cop-out.

musicman said:
No - not in the strictest sense, MM. I believe that, "Does our culture employ a double standard on the matter of racism?" is an important enough question to merit an emphatic yes or no answer. "Yeah, but..." is kind of a cop-out.

As were all the "yeah, but the blacks are doing it too" arguments.

Johnney said:
two wrongs dont make a right, but three does!

as far as im concerned, the knife need to cut both ways. tis all fun and games... they are jsut "lyrics". that is until another race does the same thing, then its jsut plain racist. fuck them both

Actually, that's 3 lefts.

MissileMan said:

I don't listen to rap ( I won't call it rap music) so I'm not familiar with racist lyrics that may be out there. I don't remember seeing anything on MSM about racist lyrics in rap either. There have been pieces done about foul language and sexual content. Now that I'm aware of the racist lyrics, I guess I have no recourse other than boycotting rap performers and their record labels. This won't be difficult since I've been doing it anyways because rap SUCKS! I don't think there's much chance of me buying an album put out by two little inbred retards either, so I will be boycotting Prussian Blue also.

Sigh. Again, "rap" music is not defined by nor does the majority even contain racist lyrics.

The ClayTaurus said:
Sigh. Again, "rap" music is not defined by nor does the majority even contain racist lyrics.
jsut like any other music out there. the only reason we are even hearing about the girls is because they are white, girls, and push white pride.

From Dictionary.com

rac·ism

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

It doesn't matter if it is black against white, white against black, or any race against another race.

Racism is racism.

It's all disgusting.

Johnney said:
jsut like any other music out there. the only reason we are even hearing about the girls is because they are white, girls, and push white pride.

Yet they are being attacked as an individual group, while rap continues to be attacked as a genre.

Forum List

Back