Young republicans push back!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the 18% that said this:

"Neither 'Gay Pride Week' nor 'Straight Pride Week' should be observed,"

Be who you are, and let it go at that.

"Members of the Gay Alliance for Tolerance and Equality told the station they consider the celebration an assault on homosexual students.

"What is there to say about it, 'I'm proud, and I'm straight and I guess white,' I don't know?" said GATE member Jennifer Rodriguez. "I think they definitely are being discriminatory because there's probably a lot of gay Republicans out there."

Huh???

Obviously my little pea-brain is lacking sufficient sophistication to grasp the nuaces of her position. Somehow homosexuals celebrating their lifestyle is a wonderful thing, but straight people doing the same is not only discriminatory but constitutes an assault on homosexuals.

I'll work on it. Maybe with a lot of pondering, I'll grasp the concept.

Feel free to help me out here.

Does anyone have a problem with St. Patty's day parade? Or the Puerto Rican day parade? Etc?

The "straight pride pride week" is completely reactionary to "gay pride week", a minority celebration that doesn't seek to villify or attack the majority. If minorities want to celebrate their solidarity, fine, I could care less, but when other people have "pride weeks" merely condescend to a minority, it just looks petty and stupid.

nakedemperor said:
Does anyone have a problem with St. Patty's day parade? Or the Puerto Rican day parade? Etc?

The "straight pride pride week" is completely reactionary to "gay pride week", a minority celebration that doesn't seek to villify or attack the majority. If minorities want to celebrate their solidarity, fine, I could care less, but when other people have "pride weeks" merely condescend to a minority, it just looks petty and stupid.

Ok, follow along here.

1. Any holiday or observation intended to demonstrate support for any group no matter how small or large is exclusionary.

2. Reactionary is in the eye of the beholder.

3. Discrimination is in direct proportion to the lawyer you can afford and the lobby already in place.

4. The fact that a minority exists at all indicates a majority that must be at fault. By staging a "majority" rally, we publically cast away the guilt that the minority paid for in item three.

If you need help, please consult Sylvan Learning or Hooked on Phonics. I will be happy to hire an attorney to translate, at taxpayer expense of course.

Feel better now.......
:halo:

pegwinn said:
Ok, follow along here.

1. Any holiday or observation intended to demonstrate support for any group no matter how small or large is exclusionary.

Naturally.

pegwinn said:
2. Reactionary is in the eye of the beholder.

The biggest problem I have with your post is this. This is OBVIOUSLY reactionary. You think they would have had "straight pride week" if no "gay pride week" existed? Come on, take the blinders off. The inherent pettiness and invectiness of having a "celebration" that only exists to condescend to another groups celebration is ridiculous.

pegwinn said:
3. Discrimination is in direct proportion to the lawyer you can afford and the lobby already in place.

For real. And the ACLU and the Christian right and competing for the "most anal legal defense of their lobbies" award.

pegwinn said:
4. The fact that a minority exists at all indicates a majority that must be at fault. By staging a "majority" rally, we publically cast away the guilt that the minority paid for in item three.

Subtle shifts in sarcasm throw me =)

I don't understand this sentiment. Who is at fault for some people being discernably unlike other people? I THINK this is sarcasm, but the second sentence seems pragmatic enough to suggest otherwise.

pegwinn said:
If you need help, please consult Sylvan Learning or Hooked on Phonics. I will be happy to hire an attorney to translate, at taxpayer expense of course.

Feel better now.......
:halo:

I have 3490328432094 pre-law and law school buddies. Don't make me call my lawyer(s)!!! :dev1: =)

Do not threaten me with 3490328432094 lawyers. I will rig claymores and we will all make the evening news.

Having a "Gay Pride" week or day or dance or anything is fine. Having the counterpart is fine as well. I just find it amusing that the gays are pissed off about it.

The test of a special interest obervation is how some react to the opposite question.

If contemplating a "black pride day" how would most look upon a "white pride day". Obvious answer is that WP would be considered racist. But BP is "cultural". Both are wrong and neither should get a pride day.

pegwinn said:
Do not threaten me with 3490328432094 lawyers. I will rig claymores and we will all make the evening news.

Hahaha.. oh pegwinn, you so cwazy.

pegwinn said:
Having a "Gay Pride" week or day or dance or anything is fine. Having the counterpart is fine as well. I just find it amusing that the gays are pissed off about it.

The test of a special interest obervation is how some react to the opposite question.

If contemplating a "black pride day" how would most look upon a "white pride day". Obvious answer is that WP would be considered racist. But BP is "cultural". Both are wrong and neither should get a pride day.

I think anyone should be able to have a pride day or week or whatever. Nothing wrong with celebrating who you are, your ethnicity, your culture, your race, your age, whatever. But when your celebration is borne entirely out of a percieved need to "respond" to another group's celebration (forget minority/majority issues), of course your motives can and should be called into question.

nakedemperor said:
I think anyone should be able to have a pride day or week or whatever. Nothing wrong with celebrating who you are, your ethnicity, your culture, your race, your age, whatever. But when your celebration is borne entirely out of a percieved need to "respond" to another group's celebration (forget minority/majority issues), of course your motives can and should be called into question.

Grasshopper your kung fu is weak. But, as I exist to train the younger followers, I will try to help you out.

Your comment "when your celebration..........question", is flawed because any celebration that sets an inclusion standard is obviously a "response". Gay Pride is a "response" to straights supposedly persecuting them around the nation. Straight Pride is a response to the Gay Lobby telling me that I have no right to oppose gays, and to do so is discriminatory.

Any issue that is one sided is wrong. For Example:

Why is an all male military academy sexist BUT an all female school is empowering?

Why do we have ethnic lobbies in congress, yet if someone were to propose a white folks lobby they are one step from the KKK?

Now I could go on for pages like this........ I trust Grasshopper, that you get the picture? When you can take the stone.........

nakedemperor said:

http://www.flashpoints.info/countries-conflicts/Northern_Ireland-web/n-ireland_parades_main.html

It does look stupid; this week is the start of African American history month. How many of us are ready to march in the "white pride" parades, during this month? :rolleyes:

THERE IS NO LEGITIMATE THREAT TO HETEROSEXUAL RIGHTS HERE IN AMERICA!

Therefore, there is no basis for a protest (or a parade) of that nature; for we, the vast majority, (the heterosexuals) are well in control of this country. This was not a legitimate parade; it was a mockery and an blantant exploitation of the 1st Admendment.

Hey, I'm a Michigan man, why don't I set up a "Michigan Pride" parade in Columbus, Ohio. While I'm at it, set up a "We northerners had kicked your ass" parade in Atlanta! :rolleyes:

If you start respecting shit like that, then we'll be up to our armpits in stupid "pride" parades, specifically designed to invoke taunting, discrimination and potential violence. Is that what you want?

pegwinn said:

Oh, c'mon.. You're overreacting.. What..maybe 2% actually got pissed off about it?

Shattered said:
Oh, c'mon.. You're overreacting.. What..maybe 2% actually got pissed off about it?

I dunno, I voted with the 22% that said neither should be celebrated. But if yur gonna have one, ya needa hav duh udder..........

pegwinn said:
I dunno, I voted with the 22% that said neither should be celebrated. But if yur gonna have one, ya needa hav duh udder..........

That's where I voted (neither).. But I don't see any point in crucifying an entire *group* of people when only about 2% of that group is actually complaining. Hell, maybe they're the 2% that are still in the closet about their sexuality, and such a thing makes them feel uncomfortable..

hylandrdet said:
http://www.flashpoints.info/countries-conflicts/Northern_Ireland-web/n-ireland_parades_main.html

It does look stupid; this week is the start of African American history month. How many of us are ready to march in the "white pride" parades, during this month? :rolleyes:

THERE IS NO LEGITIMATE THREAT TO HETEROSEXUAL RIGHTS HERE IN AMERICA!

Therefore, there is no basis for a protest (or a parade) of that nature; for we, the vast majority, (the heterosexuals) are well in control of this country. This was not a legitimate parade; it was a mockery and an blantant exploitation of the 1st Admendment.

Hey, I'm a Michigan man, why don't I set up a "Michigan Pride" parade in Columbus, Ohio. While I'm at it, set up a "We northerners had kicked your ass" parade in Atlanta! :rolleyes:

If you start respecting shit like that, then we'll be up to our armpits in stupid "pride" parades, specifically designed to invoke taunting, discrimination and potential violence. Is that what you want?

you are so fucking dumb it makes my head hurt...why can't us white dudes just have a party with nobody but white dudes....

nakey... your arrogance and hypocricy know no bounds...

nakey said:
If minorities want to celebrate their solidarity, fine, I could care less, but when other people have "pride weeks" merely condescend to a minority, it just looks petty and stupid.

nakey said:
I think anyone should be able to have a pride day or week or whatever. Nothing wrong with celebrating who you are, your ethnicity, your culture, your race, your age, whatever.

Now which is it... you think it's OK or you don't? Or is it that it's OK only if it's NOT against you and your butt buddies.

Your words here are a prime example of how you queers have verbally beaten anyone who dare oppose your perverted lifesyle.

"OH MY GOD... A STRAIGHT PRIDE DAY... HOW PREP0STEROUS... HOW OFFENSIVE... HOW DARE THEY... !!! WE'RE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN HAVE THAT... BECAUSE WERE GAY!"

Well how absolutely one sided, arrogant, haughty, insolent, disdainful, overbearing, and high and mighty of you. Just who in the hell do you and the rest of your merry gang think you are.

"WE CAN HAVE OUR FAG SHIT, BUT DON'T YOU DARE AND TRY TO HAVE ANYTHING LIKE IT. WE'RE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN DO IT."

You put that out there for all the world to see your fucking double standard, and expect everyone to just BUY IT???!!!

FUCK OFF!!!

Double standard?

Premise 1: A group has a celebration for their race, gender, ethnicity, etc: 100%. Do what you want, I could care less.

Premise 2: A group has a celebration that is completely reactionary to a celebration another group is already having; this "celebration" isn't a celebration at all, merely a statement being made in a condescending way to antoher group: don't agree with this

Also, you'll find you'll achieve more effective results in conversation if you don't yell, curse, and sputter. If this isn't grounds for a moderator's intervention, I don't know what is.

New Topics

Forum List

Back