Young republicans push back!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Trigg, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Trigg

Trigg Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Here's a great article on some collage republicans celebrating "Straight Pride Week"!!!! The gays on campus are bitching because this is exclusionary and hatefull, of course gay pride week isn't exclusionary right!!!!

All I can say is GOOD FOR THEM!!!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42608

2. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with the 18% that said this:

Be who you are, and let it go at that.

3. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    "Members of the Gay Alliance for Tolerance and Equality told the station they consider the celebration an assault on homosexual students.

"What is there to say about it, 'I'm proud, and I'm straight and I guess white,' I don't know?" said GATE member Jennifer Rodriguez. "I think they definitely are being discriminatory because there's probably a lot of gay Republicans out there."

Huh???

Obviously my little pea-brain is lacking sufficient sophistication to grasp the nuaces of her position. Somehow homosexuals celebrating their lifestyle is a wonderful thing, but straight people doing the same is not only discriminatory but constitutes an assault on homosexuals.

I'll work on it. Maybe with a lot of pondering, I'll grasp the concept.

Feel free to help me out here.

4. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Does anyone have a problem with St. Patty's day parade? Or the Puerto Rican day parade? Etc?

The "straight pride pride week" is completely reactionary to "gay pride week", a minority celebration that doesn't seek to villify or attack the majority. If minorities want to celebrate their solidarity, fine, I could care less, but when other people have "pride weeks" merely condescend to a minority, it just looks petty and stupid.

5. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    Ok, follow along here.

1. Any holiday or observation intended to demonstrate support for any group no matter how small or large is exclusionary.

2. Reactionary is in the eye of the beholder.

3. Discrimination is in direct proportion to the lawyer you can afford and the lobby already in place.

4. The fact that a minority exists at all indicates a majority that must be at fault. By staging a "majority" rally, we publically cast away the guilt that the minority paid for in item three.

If you need help, please consult Sylvan Learning or Hooked on Phonics. I will be happy to hire an attorney to translate, at taxpayer expense of course.

Feel better now.......
    :halo:

6. nakedemperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Naturally.

The biggest problem I have with your post is this. This is OBVIOUSLY reactionary. You think they would have had "straight pride week" if no "gay pride week" existed? Come on, take the blinders off. The inherent pettiness and invectiness of having a "celebration" that only exists to condescend to another groups celebration is ridiculous.

For real. And the ACLU and the Christian right and competing for the "most anal legal defense of their lobbies" award.

Subtle shifts in sarcasm throw me =)

I don't understand this sentiment. Who is at fault for some people being discernably unlike other people? I THINK this is sarcasm, but the second sentence seems pragmatic enough to suggest otherwise.

I have 3490328432094 pre-law and law school buddies. Don't make me call my lawyer(s)!!! :dev1: =)

7. pegwinn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    Do not threaten me with 3490328432094 lawyers. I will rig claymores and we will all make the evening news.

Having a "Gay Pride" week or day or dance or anything is fine. Having the counterpart is fine as well. I just find it amusing that the gays are pissed off about it.

The test of a special interest obervation is how some react to the opposite question.

If contemplating a "black pride day" how would most look upon a "white pride day". Obvious answer is that WP would be considered racist. But BP is "cultural". Both are wrong and neither should get a pride day.

8. nakedemperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Hahaha.. oh pegwinn, you so cwazy.

I think anyone should be able to have a pride day or week or whatever. Nothing wrong with celebrating who you are, your ethnicity, your culture, your race, your age, whatever. But when your celebration is borne entirely out of a percieved need to "respond" to another group's celebration (forget minority/majority issues), of course your motives can and should be called into question.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    i want a big party for us white dudes...we must be a minortity by now

10. pegwinn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    Grasshopper your kung fu is weak. But, as I exist to train the younger followers, I will try to help you out.

Your comment "when your celebration..........question", is flawed because any celebration that sets an inclusion standard is obviously a "response". Gay Pride is a "response" to straights supposedly persecuting them around the nation. Straight Pride is a response to the Gay Lobby telling me that I have no right to oppose gays, and to do so is discriminatory.

Any issue that is one sided is wrong. For Example:

Why is an all male military academy sexist BUT an all female school is empowering?

Why do we have ethnic lobbies in congress, yet if someone were to propose a white folks lobby they are one step from the KKK?

Now I could go on for pages like this........ I trust Grasshopper, that you get the picture? When you can take the stone.........