Young man's life RUINED by Child rape laws...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, Jan 25, 2007.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    This is why i hate how the law is worded, how stupid judges are and how evil prosecuters can be.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=wilson

continued in link above

This to me sums up the completely ridiculous state of our child rape laws. One KID having sex with a classmate only 2 years younger then him, both minors, gets 10 years in prison. Yet these female teachers, all legal adults, usually more than 10 years over the age of their male partners get 90 days at most for their sexual relations. This kid wasnt even a typical gang-banging hood. He was just a young kid with his whole life ahead of him that has had it all taken away by a piece of shit prosecutor that thinks he is god. This is why the law needs to be CLEARLY defined and our legal system needs to be revamped where these assholes "just doing their jobs" don't have as much power over people's lives as they do.

2. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Yeah, there's a clear double-standard on child rape laws and more than a few over-zealous prosecutors. This guy made some mistakes, and has payed for them many times over. He got drunk, consumed a few controlled substances, and got his jollies from a couple of female classmates, one of whom was a little young for him. I think all of these qualify as stupid, but I don't think any of them qualifies as felony. There is plenty of blame to go around, but he's the only one paying the price for that blame.

1) He is part to blame, because he made a few stupid mistakes one night. I think he's paid for his mistakes and more than learned his lesson, though, so this one's a little irrelevant.
    2) The guy taping the thing. It's bad enough to have a night of debauchery. It's worse to want to preserve it for all time.
    3) The girl who cried 'rape.' There are a lot of innocent men in jail right now, because when a woman cries rape, the burden of proof often gets put upon the alleged assailant, and so many women are eager to tell everyone that their nights of drunken passion were not their fault.
    4) The prosecutor. What he did is typically a bluff. He slapped trumped up charges on the guy to get a quick confession. When the guy stood his ground, though, the prosecutor went forward with the trumped up charges and gave him sentence far exceeding the crime, letting his ego get in the way of justice. He is the person who can easiest correct this mistake, but he won't do it until the guy bows before his desk and pleads for his life.
    5) The legislature. Their carelessness kept the law from being applied retroactively, rendering moot the original reason for writing the law.

I don't blame the jury. It's not the jury's place to overturn the law, nor did they fully know the miscarriage of justice this law carried.

And the fact that a hot teacher can get 90 days for truly wrecking one of her students' psyches solely because of the fact that she's a hot female really burns me up.