Young Israelis Resist Challenges to Settlements

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpa...937A15757C0A96E948260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=2

I guess if "give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" applied to them and those like them, there wouldn't be a need for Israel.

Very appropriate! :thup:

As for the 'young Israelis' and their bad behavior, which it is. I compare them to those that are way out of control right wingers, whom I think should be prosecuted when applicable, that go over the line regarding pro-life.

I'm pro-life, but the whackos are not representative of me.

I would think many on the left would feel the same about Code Pink nutters, but I'll let them say or not.

You said those things about yourself.. I didn't. But damn, if you aren't those things, why put "JEWS" in all caps like it's a curse.

And, yes, you're obsessed with seeing Israel not exist. So, yes, that would mean you hate the people who live there. You can admit that to yourself or not, as you wish.

And if you would get over the Israel-hatred for a moment, gee, who holds more sway over our foreign policy... Dubai and Saudi Arabia or Israel...

Now, try not to choke on the answer.

Laterz.

Did I even REMOTELY suggest that CAPS means curse? Hey, it's nice to see your apple didn't fall far from the tree. I put it in all caps to get your attention beyond the "oh, here they go again.. when will those dirty goyim ever learn who is the chosen race"? routine. Indeed, I find it easier to head you off at the pass when you put your paw around my leg than sit here and watch you dry hump my foot with the same ole same ole.

No, I'm obsessed with seeing israel play by the same standard we require the rest of the world to play by. If losing that Beneficial perch amounts to the end of Israel then I guess we can see why i used the word drama queen. I WANT isreal to have a homeland... but I'm not willing to let them take it from other human being just because YOU think that YOUR ethnicity is superior than everyone else. Just because you've got christians wrapped around your little finger doesn't validate treating muslim like shit over some zionist hardon for a nation. If we demonize HITLER when he TOOK POLAND....

whooops. didn't mean to drop a load of consistancy onto your lap.

I'm sure insinuating that I hate jews will alleviate any necessity of being fair with israel.

And if you would get over the Israel-hatred for a moment, gee, who holds more sway over our foreign policy... Dubai and Saudi Arabia or Israel...
Now, try not to choke on the answer.

Are you fucking insane? WHERE IS THE DUBAI LOBBY IN AMERICA? WHERE IS THE SA LOBBY? Just because the NIE report comes back and the US is not pouncing like israels attack dog ALL OF A SUDDEN washington takes its marching orders from muslims? Lame, jillian. No, that's three shades of fucking retarded. let a muslim nation nuke israel and then stick your finger down your own throat and tell me who is swaying a retributive reaction in the US. You don't get your way one fucking time while trying to hide behind the US and you trip over your bottom quivering lip on your way to the passive aggressive "you dont love me anymore, america" schtick.

Indeed, insisting that I hate jews will probably deflect any attention away from how stupid the premise of your arguement is considering the israeli double standard that OUR FOREIGN POLICY ALLOWS.

The Jews didn't want a homeland handed to them by the West. The West wanted a carrot ot dangle in front of the Jews that would get them to leave the West.

The state of Israel is every bit as much a creation of Western prejudice as it is any desire Jews had for a homeland.

I am very aware of that so I'll ask you the same question that the Iranian president asks. Try not to let the isral filter throw the word hitler into my question:

WHY should muslims in the mid east, regardless of how useless YOU think their land WAS, pay the price of western antisemitism? a western conflict? Why should muslims who are clearly being subjugated by the west accept an israel who CLEARLY doesn't give a shit about anyone that is not hebrew? Notice that nowhere in that sentence did you read, "Why can't we be allowed to torture and kill jews because it's our favorite pasttime and the lord devil lets us suckle at the tit of the whore of babylon every time we spread our evil into jerusalem"

Very appropriate! :thup:

As for the 'young Israelis' and their bad behavior, which it is. I compare them to those that are way out of control right wingers, whom I think should be prosecuted when applicable, that go over the line regarding pro-life.

I'm pro-life, but the whackos are not representative of me.

I would think many on the left would feel the same about Code Pink nutters, but I'll let them say or not.

ill agree with that. Hell, it's progress to self regulate. Christians don't get pegged for the actions of fred phelps because they make sure we kow the difference. It's the same with fringe elements of ALL social groups. Thank the burning bush that one of these things is a little more chosen than the rest of us while the fringe element of their antithesis in palisrael is clearly represented by a minority of violent reaction. Indeed, a good gentile will know that the fringe doesn't represent isreal while the fringe IS palestine.

AND just when you think Israel might keep its own in check:

the fucking irony is rich. settling jews crying about THEIR human rights being shat upon.

State accused of trampling human rights of settlers

State authorities have "trampled" on the rights of settlers in the West Bank and their supporters, according to the right-wing group, Human Rights in Judea, Samaria and Gaza.

The organization, in a paper issued to mark International Human Rights Week, on Monday also accused The Association for Civil Rights in Israel (ACRI) of failing to protect these rights.

The paper presented eight areas in which the rights of settlers and their supporters were allegedly violated. High among them were the eviction of settlers from the Gaza Strip and northern Samaria in 2005, and the failure to solve the problems of the settlers who were evicted. The group also claimed that civil rights were violated in the refusal of the government to return Jewish property in Hebron to its owners, and that the government suppressed the right of the anti-disengagement camp to protest.

"Over the years, the need emerged for 'our own' human rights organization that would regard the settlers in Judea, Samaria and Gaza as people with rights and not second-, third- or fourth-class citizens," said Orit Struck, the organization's spokeswoman.

As an example, she said the government had not made the necessary preparations to absorb the settlers from Gaza and northern Samaria after they were forced to leave their homes. She quoted the former chairwoman of the Knesset State Control Committee, Meli Polishook-Bloch, as saying at the time, "There is no doubt the government's handling of this matter was improper, to say the least."

Regarding Jewish farmers in the West Bank, the organization charged that the authorities protected Palestinian farmers, such as olive growers, from attacks by settlers, but did not protect Jewish farmers from attacks by Palestinians. It referred to a survey that allegedly revealed a situation in which "there are systematic attacks against Jewish farmers in Judea and Samaria," but the law enforcement authorities don't lift a finger to fight it.

According to the paper, the government is causing "systematic and continuous" harm to the rights of the Jews who fled Hebron after the 1929 massacre by not returning their property to them. It charged that the Custodian of Abandoned Properties treated this property as his own and "systematically prefers to act to advance the rights of Hebron's Arabs regarding [their rental rights to] these properties, even though in many cases it is legally and practically possible to end them."

In response to the allegations that ACRI did not defend the settlers, a spokeswoman for the organization, Melanie Takefman, told The Jerusalem Post ACRI has in the past, does today and will continue in the future to defend the rights of Jewish residents of the territories.

"ACRI makes no geographic distinctions among people," she said. "We believe in the universality of human rights."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1196847306580&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

what a goddamn joke.

I am very aware of that so I'll ask you the same question that the Iranian president asks. Try not to let the isral filter throw the word hitler into my question:

WHY should muslims in the mid east, regardless of how useless YOU think their land WAS, pay the price of western antisemitism? a western conflict? Why should muslims who are clearly being subjugated by the west accept an israel who CLEARLY doesn't give a shit about anyone that is not hebrew? Notice that nowhere in that sentence did you read, "Why can't we be allowed to torture and kill jews because it's our favorite pasttime and the lord devil lets us suckle at the tit of the whore of babylon every time we spread our evil into jerusalem"

Muslims aren't paying the price of Western anitsemitism. Arabs are paying the price for being on the losing end of a war in an era where the victor still determined the fate of the vanquished.

WWI was not just a Western conflict. The Ottoman Empire fought on the side of Imperial Germany. They lost. The Ottoman Empire was dismantled as a result.

If I'm not supposed to care what Saddan Hussein or President Alpahbet do inside their own borders, don't expect me to hold a double standard and attempt to dictate what Israelis can do within THEIR borders. The same standard should apply across the board regardless the standard.

and yet I am the very same one to post a thread on iranian students sparking their own version of AMERICAS 60's.

funny that you think i'm not an advocate of Iran changing it's policies. Again, the "muslim nations" excuse is just that: an excuse. If America were allowed to filter it's citizens according to ethnicity like Israel David Duke would be President. But, if it makes the blank check easier to dole out let's continue to ignore racism embedded in our "ally".

ps, Arabs are not predominantly muslims all of a sudden? ooook.

:thup:

What happened after israel left gaza strip, katusha rockets.

what will happen after israel leaves west bank, more rockets.

The west bank is being used as a red herring, look back to the palestinian liberation organization, hamas, islamic jihad, al aqsa matrys brigade, then tell me if you think they want peace ever, even after israel leaves the west bank, and if they will do everything everything in their power to stop any peace deal.

And look at a palestinian text book, and look at what happened in 1947, with the palestinians being offered a state, and then what arab nations did for the last 59 years, starting in 1948, oh palestinians, leave, we will have victory in israel, then when they failed, they have used the last 60 years worth of their wealth (mostly from oil) to help those palestinians right?. Those camps have hotels right? universities? jobs?

Point is, any peace efforts on the part of Israel are being oversahdowed by crap such as this. Peace isn't a one-way street, and the idiots on both sides need to just cool their crap.

Forum List

Back