Young GOP Chooses Hate

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
Before the Young Republicans elected a woman on Saturday who has compared to President Obama to a terrorist and appears to have laughed at a comment calling blacks “coons,” Meghan McCain tried to stage an intervention.

img-author-photo---meghan-mccain-_201210377527.jpg

Do NOT Elect a Racist

I woke up this morning in Las Vegas (tonight I’m playing roulette and betting on red) with a slew of emails about the likely election of Audra Shay as the new head of the Young Republicans on Saturday. You can probably guess how I feel about a woman who thinks comparing President Obama to a terrorist and referring to blacks as “mad coons” is funny.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same actions over and over again and expecting different results.

What exactly do the Young Republicans expect to achieve by electing a 38-year-old woman who thinks racial epithets are acceptable? Also, did I mention that she’s 38? And she’s going to be the leader of an organization with the word “young” in the title? Is it so implausible that people in their 20s (or even early 30s) could join the Republican Party—or have we just completely given up on their vote? Are we expecting “young” people in the Republican Party to soon be entering their 40s?

I understand that my place within the Young Republicans and the Republican Party is a controversial one, which is something I am still trying to get comfortable with. I am criticized almost daily for not being “conservative enough.” But the Republican Party needs to reach out to all kinds of voters. The last time I checked, most conservatives are already Republicans. It’s the independents that we need to sway. We need to make them believe we really do practice what we preached about less government, less spending, national security, etc, and we aren’t recruiting leaders who are old and out of touch. I am not saying I am that face, but Audra Shay certainly isn’t. She represents the same old stereotypes about “young Republicans”—apparently racist and more middle-aged than youthful. In short, disconnected from the real youth of this country.

As someone who has met and travelled with a lot of Republican groups, I can tell you they are a lot more edgy and interesting than the media and the people electing Shay would have you believe. I know there are young cool Republicans out there—I’ve met them—but many of them are too scared to come out of the closet.

What Young Republicans need is a revolution. We need someone who will inspire us, bring us together, and lead us into the 21st century. We need to look forward, not backward. I for one chose a different path as a young Republican because at the end of the day I know that many young Republicans are starving for a new image that is so many times stereotyped within the media, so I ask: Why are we feeding everyone the same old same old?

Meghan McCain is originally from Phoenix and graduated from Columbia University in 2007. She is a New York Times bestselling children's author, previously wrote for Newsweek magazine, and created the Web site mccainblogette.com.

She'll be driven from the party just as most thinking Dems or Republican already have.

No matter how much you lefties try, you will not easily shake off the cloak of hate and destruction. you wear, it's your legacy. You newest victim is the dyslexic fireman.. He's going to testify on behalf of fairness, and your guys have painted a target on his back.. Nasty people.

Good article.

What struck me was that the woman was 38 years old. Isn't that a little old to be in "youth" politics. I was involved in youth politics in college and we looked at 26 as being old. Even the 26 year-olds thought that. Here she is.

audra_shay.jpg

She's a middle-aged woman. An attractive woman but middle-aged nonetheless.

BTW, here is her response to the allegations of being a racist.

http://theconservativist.com/2009/07/03/audra-shay-responds-to-race-allegations/

Last edited:
The Dems pull the same Young Dems crap.

45 years old is YOUNG?

I think not.

Good article.

What struck me was that the woman was 38 years old. Isn't that a little old to be in "youth" politics. I was involved in youth politics in college and we looked at 26 as being old. Even the 26 year-olds thought that. Here she is.

audra_shay.jpg

She's a middle-aged woman. An attractive woman but middle-aged nonetheless.

BTW, here is her response to the allegations of being a racist.

Audra Shay Responds to Race Allegations | The Conservativist

3 or 4 beers.

so youre labeling her a racist because someone else posted racial slurs on her facebook page?

What the heck does that make President Obama after sitting in Rev. Wright's Church for 20 years?

so youre labeling her a racist because someone else posted racial slurs on her facebook page?

What the heck does that make President Obama after sitting in Rev. Wright's Church for 20 years?
Think about who the OP is by, and the mentality they have always displayed and your question answers itself.

Think about who the OP is by, and the mentality they have always displayed and your question answers itself.

You shouldn't talk that way about Meghan McCain...

See what I mean about limited mentality?

Everyone else knew I was talking about you, only you thought otherwise.

Poor baby, go play with something shiney.

Uh, I thought it was understood that he was turning the joke around on you. :eusa_whistle:

Uh, I thought it was understood that he was turning the joke around on you. :eusa_whistle:

I think it flew over Xeno's pea...

I am happy to have a fan club though...I must be doing something right...let's call it the USMBPBS...US Message Board Pea Brain Society...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Before the Young Republicans elected a woman on Saturday who has compared to President Obama to a terrorist and appears to have laughed at a comment calling blacks “coons,” Meghan McCain tried to stage an intervention.

img-author-photo---meghan-mccain-_201210377527.jpg

Do NOT Elect a Racist

I woke up this morning in Las Vegas (tonight I’m playing roulette and betting on red) with a slew of emails about the likely election of Audra Shay as the new head of the Young Republicans on Saturday. You can probably guess how I feel about a woman who thinks comparing President Obama to a terrorist and referring to blacks as “mad coons” is funny.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same actions over and over again and expecting different results.

What exactly do the Young Republicans expect to achieve by electing a 38-year-old woman who thinks racial epithets are acceptable? Also, did I mention that she’s 38? And she’s going to be the leader of an organization with the word “young” in the title? Is it so implausible that people in their 20s (or even early 30s) could join the Republican Party—or have we just completely given up on their vote? Are we expecting “young” people in the Republican Party to soon be entering their 40s?

I understand that my place within the Young Republicans and the Republican Party is a controversial one, which is something I am still trying to get comfortable with. I am criticized almost daily for not being “conservative enough.” But the Republican Party needs to reach out to all kinds of voters. The last time I checked, most conservatives are already Republicans. It’s the independents that we need to sway. We need to make them believe we really do practice what we preached about less government, less spending, national security, etc, and we aren’t recruiting leaders who are old and out of touch. I am not saying I am that face, but Audra Shay certainly isn’t. She represents the same old stereotypes about “young Republicans”—apparently racist and more middle-aged than youthful. In short, disconnected from the real youth of this country.

As someone who has met and travelled with a lot of Republican groups, I can tell you they are a lot more edgy and interesting than the media and the people electing Shay would have you believe. I know there are young cool Republicans out there—I’ve met them—but many of them are too scared to come out of the closet.

What Young Republicans need is a revolution. We need someone who will inspire us, bring us together, and lead us into the 21st century. We need to look forward, not backward. I for one chose a different path as a young Republican because at the end of the day I know that many young Republicans are starving for a new image that is so many times stereotyped within the media, so I ask: Why are we feeding everyone the same old same old?

Meghan McCain is originally from Phoenix and graduated from Columbia University in 2007. She is a New York Times bestselling children's author, previously wrote for Newsweek magazine, and created the Web site mccainblogette.com.

Might as well fight fire with fire.:eusa_whistle:

That whoosh you hear was my last post going completly over your head.

Perhaps you need something shiney to play with as well.

Forum List

Back