Young children fight as adults watch, laugh and snap pictures

Back in the day when I was a kid, you were considered a coward if you didn't stand and fight, and your Dad or brothers taught you how to fight. There was no anti-bully programs only life as the one that could defeat or be defeated..
It was the same when I was a kid, if you wouldn't fight, your dad would kick your ass.

Yeah except I'm betting most of these kind of kids don't have fathers in the first place.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Taught my three sons how to protect themselves if they were ever physially assaulted by others. Strictly self defense and they knew I would not be a happy camper if I ever learned they instigated anything. And they never did. Two of them had to use what I'd taught them though, and very effectively as it turned out, and no one bothered either of them after that.

Taught my three sons how to protect themselves if they were ever physially assaulted by others. Strictly self defense and they knew I would not be a happy camper if I ever learned they instigated anything. And they never did. Two of them had to use what I'd taught them though, and very effectively as it turned out, and no one bothered either of them after that.
My older brother and I used to argue and bicker over everything that came up. Of course, it was him jumpin' on me all the time, since he was older. When I was about ten and my brother about twelve, my dad brought home two pairs of boxing gloves, told us both to put them on and go after each other. I lit into my brother with both fists flying as fast as they could. He covered up and started whining like a real sissy....and I was dominate from then on. He never messed with me again.

Later, a bunch of my brother's contemporaries and I were at the drainage canal, playing on a two-cable bridge that had been left by the work crew. That's one cable to walk on with the other over your head to hold onto. We had all crossed the bridge several times. When my brother was almost to the end of the span and just about to get off, one of his friends started jumping on the bottom cable, making it hard to stay on. My brother fell off and hurt his arm on the lower cable before hitting the ground. I jumped on his friend with both fists, hitting him with several good gut shots before he backed into the water and fell down. EVERYBODY laughed! The big guys didn't mess with me after that.

Back in the day when I was a kid, you were considered a coward if you didn't stand and fight, and your Dad or brothers taught you how to fight. There was no anti-bully programs only life as the one that could defeat or be defeated..
It was the same when I was a kid, if you wouldn't fight, your dad would kick your ass.

My old man always told me there was no such thing as a fair fight,and if you knew it was going to go down it's always best to get in the first shot.

...the last thing you wanted was your mom showing up at school to complain her boy was being bullied.
It happened on occasion when I was growing up and then it was open season on the momma's boy.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
I had a sister one year ahead in school. I had the bad habit of smarting off to her boyfriends, so I had to learn to beat older fellows early...

And you wonder why they grow up to be violent.
They? Since any human at any time can become violent...you've evidently have never lived in inner urban communities...

Anyone raised in an environment where adults condone this kind of behavior will grow up believing violence is the answer to achieving results.

51khHXXr4kL._SX342_.jpg

My old man always told me there was no such thing as a fair fight,and if you knew it was going to go down it's always best to get in the first shot.

...the last thing you wanted was your mom showing up at school to complain her boy was being bullied.
It happened on occasion when I was growing up and then it was open season on the momma's boy.
I knew a guy in high school that didn't hesitate at all. If you said something like, "I'm gonna whip your ass!", he'd pound your head 'til you fell down. There was no, "Come on!"

My dad told me don't go looking for fights but if I had to defend myself fight to win. I taught my son the same thing.

I knew a guy in high school that didn't hesitate at all. If you said something like, "I'm gonna whip your ass!", he'd pound your head 'til you fell down. There was no, "Come on!"

As it should be. Bullying would end.

The solution to people like that is D-con in their lunch.

Forum List

Back