Young and Republican?

they can turn into a blossoming turd iris real quick.

welcome to the board, dude.

Yeah it's funny how people can turn from talking about the subject to attacking people

Well our military doesn't work either, cause spending on that has increased. Nor does AIDS research since that has increased. Etc, etc, ad nauseum.

Hmm. defense spending has increased at the same rate as social spending?

Hmm. defense spending has increased at the same rate as social spending?

Oh, well now its the rate that matters?

Do be specific so I can find counterexamples that show your argument to be the farce that it is.

Texas-based, though I'm in the military.

Texas is obviously Bush territory, but there's a localised backlash against the establishement at the moment. It's difficult to not be affected by it. Also, military service tends to predispose someone towards conservatism -maybe?

I disagree but that does seem to be true today. I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with the elimination of the draft. The draft brought a diverse group of people into military service that is missing today. I actually feel they should bring the draft back as then we share another piece of being American. Imagine Christians, Muslims, atheists of all ethnic backgrounds and classes serving together again.

I disagree but that does seem to be true today. I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with the elimination of the draft. The draft brought a diverse group of people into military service that is missing today. I actually feel they should bring the draft back as then we share another piece of being American. Imagine Christians, Muslims, atheists of all ethnic backgrounds and classes serving together again.

I don't Imagine that this next idea would go over too well, but I've read that in Israel, everyone is required to serve at least two years in the military. I'm not sure of their ages. Maybe when they get out of school...this way there is always a ready military with enough people in it. Just a thought...

Oh, well now its the rate that matters?

Do be specific so I can find counterexamples that show your argument to be the farce that it is.

Try as you may, defense spending was considerably less than social spending last year. Not only at the rate of growth but also in actual dollar amounts.

Pick up a newspaper, and see what republican control of government, and republican policies have done to the country.

A liberal press dominated newspaper opinion piece is hardly a true reflection...

look at the inner cities...That is A true reflection of liberal democrat failed policies....

I am most sympathetic to your position; in rural Pennsylvania, one would expect to see a conservative majority, and I believe there is one, but the levels that Bush-bashing and anti-conservative rhetoric have reached have made it nearly impossible to speak your mind and not be immediately nagged and humiliated...luckily for me, I continue to wear my conservatism as a badge of honour rather than one of shame...as such, I have stood up and fought for my beliefs in my college classrooms and high school ones alike, and may have even changed a few minds.

They can insult us all they want, but knowledge is the only trump card in this game we play.

-jB

Forum List

Back